Newcastle United v Manchester City

McFaul

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought we would go into the last week of the season still in with a chance of finishing 3rd!

Unbelievable and so proud of them all.

Not me! I thought 13th would be more realistic

To be honest, it's which of our team want to seize the opportunity, as much as it is about which of their lot turn up. If the fans can stir the players into a Man U performance we can definitely beat a Man City that doesn't take us seriously. I don't think we will win, but a point isn't out of the question. We've got goals, we've got a decent defensive group (individuals aren't that great, but the collective are formidable), and we've got players like Cisse, HBA and Ba who can win games with one moment of class, one moment of bewildering skill or one moment of telekinesis.

I reckon the big characters will need to be huge and I think Krul, Perch and Coloccini will be the names sung at the end, rather than Cisse, Ben Arfa or Ba.

1-1

Feeling uneasy about the break in winning thread starting...... :o

Aye for fucks sake stevie

couldve been on to something special

I start one thread and it makes those 2 goals happen!

The only real arrogance I saw was after a Stevie1892 posted in there ;)

Thought Stevie was spot on but I didnt see any arrogance on either side. We reckoned we'd win away at Wigan despite losing 7 times on the road and Wigan being in supreme form. In the same way we thought we'd beat Wigan, they think they will beat us.

I think Stevie has a point about their away form though, there is going to be enormous pressure on them too and I also think the atmosphere will be thunderous. Last home game of an amazing season where people have fallen back in love with the club, rediscovered 'that' feeling again. I hope that we stay in the game as I think the crowd will play a big factor on Sunday. If it goes to Mackem levels of noise it might take a few City players by surprise. They are all seasoned internationals so I don't see them wilting, I just think it can give us an edge.

A draw would be a great result for us and a bad one for them so they have to go all out to win the game. We are good on the break at home so we'll see how we cope.

There was always a chance that we'd have a part to play in the title race with this game. However rather than a perfunctory, non-speaking role with no real interest in our own fortune, like we would have played in previous years or like Swansea play in their upcoming match against Man Utd, we are a major character, with as much attention focused on what the result means for us as it does for City.

If City don't win the title I think we'll certainly be the story of the season, particularly if we have a hand in denying them a trophy that their bankrolling owners, wanker fans, contemptible players and ineffective lame duck manager simply do not deserve.

But fuck the title race because this game is about us, our fortunes and what we have to play for, the chance to play on the world's biggest stage and all the opportunities that brings with it. We may go on to be a fixture at the top of the table, it may be a false dawn like the last time, Ashley might finally have changed, he may disappoint us all again, who knows what the future will bring. This season, the most enjoyable in a decade, is not over with only two games left, and not since relegation (how long ago does that seem?!) have we been able to say that.

Bring on City, bring on Everton, bring on Europe, bring on them all.

:nufc:

I also very much doubt there will be any Man City fans in our end. They can't even fill their own ground for most games, which is astonishing considering the season they are having.

Every league game has sold out at the Etihad this season, but don't let facts get in the way of any ramblings :blush2:

That Bluemoon site and that thread is mainly just kids getting 'giddy'. I can assure you that the majority of City fans are not wankers and certainly not arrogant. We've been through enough shite to really appreciate what we now have. We're on the cusp of winning our first title since '68 and if you were in the same state you'd be feeling exactly the same way - excited and nervous beyond belief. Anyway, I enjoy our trips up to your place and this weekend won't be any different. Bring it on. See ya Sunday lads.

Every league game has sold out at the Etihad this season, but don't let facts get in the way of any ramblings :blush2:

That Bluemoon site and that thread is mainly just kids getting 'giddy'. I can assure you that the majority of City fans are not wankers and certainly not arrogant. We've been through enough shite to really appreciate what we now have. We're on the cusp of winning our first title since '68 and if you were in the same state you'd be feeling exactly the same way - excited and nervous beyond belief. Anyway, I enjoy our trips up to your place and this weekend won't be any different. Bring it on. See ya Sunday lads.

2011–12 47,805 47,028* 98.3%* 2010–11 47,726[56] 45,880 96.1% 2009–10 47,726[56] 45,512 95.4% 2008–09 47,726[56] 42,900 89.9% 2007–08 47,726[56] 42,126 88.3% 2006–07 47,726[56] 39,997 83.8% 2005–06 47,726[56] 42,856 89.8% 2004–05 47,726[56] 45,192 94.7% 2003–04 47,726[56] 46,834 98.1%

In the early years of Manchester City's tenure the stadium suffered from a poor atmosphere, a common problem with modern stadia when compared with traditional football grounds such as Maine Road. In the 2007 Premier League survey Manchester City supporters rated the atmosphere as second worst in the league,[62] but the atmosphere has since improved.

The above shows that you lot are hardly the beacon of top support that you are claiming to be.

Edited by Flair

You definitely can see empty seats whenever you are on TV though, it's really noticeable that some (not many) seats are empty. It's been commented on a few times. Don't Arsenal 'sell out' every game too?

£25 Champions League tickets and they couldn't sell out.

Plus when they do it looks to be full of jester hat, club shop flag poznan wankers.

You definitely can see empty seats whenever you are on TV though, it's really noticeable that some (not many) seats are empty. It's been commented on a few times. Don't Arsenal 'sell out' every game too?

Was talking to a friend who is an Arsenal fan (not just a customer) and he says that they count the tickets bought for the game, rather than bums on seats.. So while Ashburton Grove sells out, it may not be attended at its capacity.

Was talking to a friend who is an Arsenal fan (not just a customer) and he says that they count the tickets bought for the game, rather than bums on seats.. So while Ashburton Grove sells out, it may not be attended at its capacity.

I would imagine that's how most clubs calculate their 'attendances'.

I would imagine that's how most clubs calculate their 'attendances'.

That was my point Dr Chokehold :rolleyes: