Newcastle United v Manchester City

McFaul

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manc - Centurion right in station.

Big enough to keep a low profile etc

Cheers pal but there are 16 on our minibus. One of your fans on Bluemoon has just suggested Fluid Bar. Good shout?

Edited by GXC

Tomorrows team announced today!

ALAN Pardew has thrown down the gauntlet to Manchester City by naming his team 24 hours before tomorrow’s game.

Pardew has taken the unusual step of revealing his starting XI for Newcastle United’s final home game of the season.

United’s manager will name an unchanged side for the visit of Roberto Mancini’s Premier League leaders, with midfielder Cheik Tiote fit to play after suffering a head wound in the 2-0 midweek win over Chelsea, decided by two stunning Papiss Demba Cisse goals.

“It’ll be the same team that plays Man City,” Pardew, pictured, said.

“I’m not hiding that from Man City – they can know our team – and they’ve got to beat us.”

The stakes could hardly be higher, with City needing a win to stay ahead of their rivals Manchester United, in second.

Fifth-placed Newcastle, meanwhile, need a result to keep their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League alive going into the final fixture of the season at Everton a week tomorrow.

“It isn’t a season-defining 90 minutes, as our season’s been magnificent, but what it will be is a real test for us in terms of playing a team going for the title,” added Pardew,

“We’re going for fourth place and that Chelsea game was about setting up this game. We couldn’t have done any better – it was a great performance.

“Forget about Papiss’s two goals, which were special, it was a brilliant performance.

“Even without the goals, we’d have got a 0-0. We tied them up. We did that part of the job and I’m immensely proud of the players.

United were beaten 3-1 at the Ethiad Stadium earlier this season and Pardew is predicting a tighter contest this time around.

“We really put in a great effort, but I thought we were a little distance away from them,” said Pardew.

“I think it’ll be a lot closer this time.”

Sir Alex Ferguson and his players, who face Swansea City at Old Trafford later in the day, will be watching the game.

“When you go first, it doesn’t matter,” said Pardew. “When you go second, it does.

“All the Man United players and staff will be watching intently hoping we get something.

“For Man City, they don’t have that to worry about – they just play the game.”

On the behalf of every Geordie, I would like to appologize about Steve and his behavior. We really shouldn't let him out as much as we do, and his opinions are not that of most Geordie supporter. 95% of us do not share his opinion. Unfortunatly, those 5% are often the most vocal.

My opinion of the matter is that, yes, city will have bought the league if they win it, but so have every club that has won it. The only difference (and reason so many are so angry) is that it has been done in a very short period of time with Man city.

I wish you all the luck with the league...

But will still be hoping you lose on Sunday, and that Man U lose as well so our game with you doesn't matter.

FISH, don't deny this is you. What fuckin behaviour? Telling them that the only reason they're there is old blood money? It's a fact. Always been a shit club, always be in my eyes, hope Man Utd pip them, irrespective of what we do.

We need to make sure that the atmosphere tomorrow is white hot. Replicate that of the Liverpool game and I'm confident that we can do it.

Never seen as many wanks on a forum, it sums up their support. I remember when they smashed the goose up in 2002 for that FA Cup tie families in there scowering for their lives. This plate smasher sums them up.

GreekBlue

Post subject: Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

icon_post_target.gifPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:18 am icon_user_offline.gif

fuck off newcastle fans you fucking stupid cunts. Stop coming on here talking as if we're the conceited ones, take a look at the shit youre posting on your fucking forums. Don't come on here and talk as if youre fucking Barcelona and claim we're underestimating you. On a godo run of form and you act as if youre fucking world beaters. Just fuck off. And stop acting as if Cisse is the best thing since sliced bread. We have two of the best centrebacks in the league. What the fuck are Simpson, Williamson, Taylor and Co going to do against Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez? All more talented players then Cisse. FUCK OFF FROM HERE.

i dont know what people are worried about. we need to win this game, with the manager and players we have it wont be a problem. tell me 1 team in form they have beat? there just really lucky to have a run of wins against teams either weakened or on bad form. dont worry we need to win there and with this team we will chill

Yawn.

Id have Ba or Ben Arfa taking it

or maybe cabaye

just once Id like to see a group of players do rock paper scissors on the pitch to decide

Shola would have to take it if he were on the pitch. If not can you really bet against Cisse? Incidentally, could you make a quickfire sub when a pennie was given?

Cisses not a finisher when hes got a lot of time, hes best under pressure from a defender when hes just got to take it or when it comes to him and he gets one touch and bang

wouldnt trust him with a penalty tbh

Aye, he's missed a few one on ones since he got here but interestingly most of his goals for Freiburg were of that ilk apparently. I'm still not sure you could bet against him and I wouldn't really want Ba taking it with his confidence levels at the moment and what happened against the mackems. Cabaye's probably a good shout too

I think for Ba, itd be the boost he needs, a goal to get him going again

youve always got to favour the taker to score, Id have no qualms putting him there