Newcastle United v Manchester City

McFaul

Going into the game with a gut feeling we had a half chance of nicking it shows how far we have come this season. And far more enjoyable and real than following a side that has just recently been bought off the shelf so to speak.

@Stevie Think Hatem was £3m made upto £5 depending on appearances due to his leg.

We paid compensation for Jonas £3.75m

Btw Milner 21m :lol:

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't blame their fans for being a bit nervous though.

Complete agreement about Kompany. Toure is magnificent too.

I doubt any of them were physically sick with nerves! FFS so embarrassing, cunts gave out a big cheer as well. I only had 4 pints before the game so it's not like I had a skinful.

There was a lad in my year at school who had been held back two years so was about twice the height and strength of everyone else, used to just swat terrified kids away like flies when we played other schools at rugby.

Yaya always reminds me of that behemoth.

Krul 0

Perch 1m

Santon 5m

Colo 9m

"Willo" 1.5m

Ben Arfa 5m

Cabaye 4m

Tiote 3.5m

Jonas 0

Ba 0

Cisse 9m

Elliot 100k

Shola 0

Obertan 3m

Ferguson 0

Raylor 2.5m

Gosling 0

Marveaux 0

£43.6m

Hart 1m

Zabaleta 6.5m

Lescott 24m

Kompany 6m

Clichy 12m

Nasri 23m

De Jong 10m

Yaya 25m,

Barry 19m

Silva 25m

Aguero 40m

Tevez 25m

Pantilimon 2m

Milner 21m

Johnson 7m

Kolarov 19m

£275.5m

I thought we'd hyped it up too much to get a result, and fair play to them they're the best team in that league by a distance. Fuck knows how Chelsea have done better in Europe, they're so solid. I was so nervous before the game I was physically sick, walking up that road adjacent to the East Stand with the orange building on either side. We did ok, I just would've liked to have seen us attack and bit more but it's a catch 22 against them, Man Utd and Spurs attacked them and got beat 1-6, worthy champions, and Kompany is as good a centre half as English football has seen for two decades, what a player, can't think of one thing he struggles with. Seems a good bloke too, and his crack about us being one of THE best sides and clubs in English football was excellent. He's right though. Lots to be proud of, I mean you've got "Willo" a £1m defender against a twin £65m Argentinian world wide star strike force, and he didn't do bad.

The Man City fans on here have been very gracious and good crack, but their fans after the game. What a fucking set of arseholes. Arrogance was unbelievable. It's their first title in 80% of their supports life time. I'm not a fighter but I did well not to start in the pub like. These cunts right, skinny little rodent mugs, and their pal who looked like Keith Lard, on at me saying they deserved Mansour more than we did cos we used to get 10,000 every season. Was like red rag to a bull, so I reeled off everything you can imagine about their shit club, from 400 away supports here, to 3,000 gates in the FA Cup, they soon shut the fuck up. Apparently we'll be back in midtable next season too. The one thing I said that wound them up the most was they're nothing special and had Mansour bought a non league club they could've won the title. It's a fact. The most plastic club on earth, far more so than Chelsea, at least Chelsea were a biggish club competing for the top four under Bates, Man City have had about five good seasons league wise in their entire fuckin history. Massively hope QPR fluke it next week.

To be honest I spoke to loads of your fans after the game and would hope I didn't come across as arrogant. Yes we were on top of the world, who wouldn't, but I wished you all the best and a genuinely want you to finish 3rd. Can you expand on this 3 k FA Cup attendance? Followed us for 20 years and I don't remember it!

*Drums fingers on table*

Howay man, we're waiting here!!

Quietly drinking a bottle of Bud at the end of the bar with a mate of his....it was quiet-ish when I walked in about midday but was filling up quick so he stayed for about 10 mins getting his photo took with folk but then I think he could see the bar would soon be mobbed so he fucked off. Fuckin tiny (comparitively) up close, fuck knows how he struck fear iinto the Barca backline that night...there again when he was in the mood he was a brilliant footballer, that might have something to do with it ;)

WP_000183.jpg

I met Tino years ago in Julie's of all places. He was in there with Keith Gillespie, Peacock and a couple of others. He had a horrific wooly jumper on and couldn't speak any English so he just kept shaking my cousins hand (who was starstruck) and saying "thank you, thank you.." He really is tiny too - I'm 5'4" and i felt like we were pretty level!

Where is the arrogance on the Blue Moon forum regarding the game at St James's. We City fans generally thought that it would be a harder game than United at home and it proved to be that way despite it being 2-0.

Newcastle caused us problems whereas United didn't

And most City fans are not arrogant. We've suffered years of winning nothing just like Newcastle. We just got lucky. You'd take it wouldn't you ?

Krul 0

Perch 1m

Santon 5m

Colo 9m

"Willo" 1.5m

Ben Arfa 5m

Cabaye 4m

Tiote 3.5m

Jonas 0

Ba 0

Cisse 9m

Elliot 100k

Shola 0

Obertan 3m

Ferguson 0

Raylor 2.5m

Gosling 0

Marveaux 0

£43.6m

Hart 1m

Zabaleta 6.5m

Lescott 24m

Kompany 6m

Clichy 12m

Nasri 23m

De Jong 10m

Yaya 25m,

Barry 19m

Silva 25m

Aguero 40m

Tevez 25m

Pantilimon 2m

Milner 21m

Johnson 7m

Kolarov 19m

£275.5m

I thought we'd hyped it up too much to get a result, and fair play to them they're the best team in that league by a distance. Fuck knows how Chelsea have done better in Europe, they're so solid. I was so nervous before the game I was physically sick, walking up that road adjacent to the East Stand with the orange building on either side. We did ok, I just would've liked to have seen us attack and bit more but it's a catch 22 against them, Man Utd and Spurs attacked them and got beat 1-6, worthy champions, and Kompany is as good a centre half as English football has seen for two decades, what a player, can't think of one thing he struggles with. Seems a good bloke too, and his crack about us being one of THE best sides and clubs in English football was excellent. He's right though. Lots to be proud of, I mean you've got "Willo" a £1m defender against a twin £65m Argentinian world wide star strike force, and he didn't do bad.

The Man City fans on here have been very gracious and good crack, but their fans after the game. What a fucking set of arseholes. Arrogance was unbelievable. It's their first title in 80% of their supports life time. I'm not a fighter but I did well not to start in the pub like. These cunts right, skinny little rodent mugs, and their pal who looked like Keith Lard, on at me saying they deserved Mansour more than we did cos we used to get 10,000 every season. Was like red rag to a bull, so I reeled off everything you can imagine about their shit club, from 400 away supports here, to 3,000 gates in the FA Cup, they soon shut the fuck up. Apparently we'll be back in midtable next season too. The one thing I said that wound them up the most was they're nothing special and had Mansour bought a non league club they could've won the title. It's a fact. The most plastic club on earth, far more so than Chelsea, at least Chelsea were a biggish club competing for the top four under Bates, Man City have had about five good seasons league wise in their entire fuckin history. Massively hope QPR fluke it next week.

Shame you came across those spoiling our image. Yes, there were celebrations but what you have to remember is that we've had to live with United winning everything for the last 20 odd years and their arrogance knows no bounds. City fans are now starting to blow a gasket because, at long last, we can give it them back

We're not all arrogant, most of us still worry about the worst happening. It's in our blood.

Newcastle won't be a mid table team next season so long as they can hold on to what they've got and maybe add a couple. Good luck

Where is the arrogance on the Blue Moon forum regarding the game at St James's. We City fans generally thought that it would be a harder game than United at home and it proved to be that way despite it being 2-0.

Newcastle caused us problems whereas United didn't

And most City fans are not arrogant. We've suffered years of winning nothing just like Newcastle. We just got lucky. You'd take it wouldn't you ?

= the attitude of most City fans I've ever known ever btw. Entitled to enjoy the moment as far as I'm concerned.

Aye, I'd be tugging myself off if we won the title away against a good side. I was envious of the celebrations for their second like, absolute pandemonium. The only team to do the double over us this year and they're (more than likely) going to be champions and we were standing toe to toe with them for 70 minutes and even after that, we were knocking them back. We've come a hell of a long way.

Of course they bought the league (as many do really) and they have spent more than most clubs will spent in the next 10 years doing so.  While its easy to say "Id not want that to happen to us, Id rather win it fairly".  Bollocks.  I'd have us take any steps necessary to win something and of course I wish it was us.

We had a class game and it was only Yaya Toure that was the difference. If Ben Arfa had had a bigger game I think we'd have got something as it would have pulled their defence about more to give our forwards that bit more space. As it happens they were immaculate at the back, but we contained their forwards nee bother and their midfield too. Just cool headed class from YY Toure that separated us on the day iyam.

We had a go at buying it with our own money though, there's the difference, when Fletcher made us the second richest club in the country.

You can take a season's snapshot view or a long term view like tbf I spose, it doesnt really make any odds the way I look at it. We've had years when we've outspent anyone and we've had extended periods where we've been run well beyond our means. By the time City mounted their Prem challenge, Chelsea had raised the daft money spending bar year on year so anyone even attempting to compete automatically went outside of anything even resembling an 'own money' model. It'd be the same for us now, which is all the blues mean when they make the point: you'd be happy if it was you. Hard to argue imo.