Newcastle United v Manchester City

McFaul

I think, tactically and within the system we will see a real benefit in a full preseason with each other for all of them next year (assuming they stay)

HBAs raw talent, Cisses confidence and instinct and Bas willingness to work out on the left have carried us so far but getting those three genuinely in tune with each other and the midfield behind them could be absolutely awesome

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiote and Jonas were excellent today, thought Santon put another good shift in too. Cabaye couldn't find the blessed through ball to the forwards.

It's a sight to behold Santon breaking forward at pace and the opp all backtracking not sure what he's upto. :lol:

i'm so proud of the lads. to think we're still in with a chance of third going into the last game of the season is outstanding. and even if we finish 5th, it's still been an unbelievable season.

they didn't show the lap of honour on sky - how did it go done? did everyone stay till the end and give them the deserved ovation?

Alright lads, City fan. Got home about an hour ago and I'm buzzing, had a great time. Just came to comment on you lot as fans really, absolute class. Loved the corner section next to the away end singing who the fuck are man united, brilliant. And clapping us, class gesture. Hope you can sneak into the Champions League, you deserve it for the season you've had. Gave us a right good game too, I thought it was starting to slip away from us before Yaya scored, but I suppose it was that tactical change that made the difference.

Good luck against Everton, as I say I hope you get into the CL.

Alright lads, City fan. Got home about an hour ago and I'm buzzing, had a great time. Just came to comment on you lot as fans really, absolute class. Loved the corner section next to the away end singing who the fuck are man united, brilliant. And clapping us, class gesture. Hope you can sneak into the Champions League, you deserve it for the season you've had. Gave us a right good game too, I thought it was starting to slip away from us before Yaya scored, but I suppose it was that tactical change that made the difference.

Didn't mind the booing/whistling (which I thought was class by the way, must have been intimidating)?

Your extra quality came through and on paper you deserve the title. We'll see though. Thing about the Manchester clubs is squad-wise if I had to choose a best 11 featuring players from both clubs it would be dominated by City players.

Didn't mind the booing/whistling (which I thought was class by the way, must have been intimidating)?

Your extra quality came through and on paper you deserve the title. We'll see though. Thing about the Manchester clubs is squad-wise if I had to choose a best 11 featuring players from both clubs it would be dominated by City players.

Can't hold that against you, we were doing it loads last Monday. I know the title's not over yet, I still can't get the feeling that we're about to face the mother of all typical city moments out of my head! I suppose that's 'old' City, I should have more faith in this team to get the job done.

aye, moving yaya toure further forward changed the game. good move by mancini, it was pretty tight until then. and then we had to chase the game, leaving gaps for your lot to exploit.

your lot deserve the title this season. you've been better than man u side, which tbh has been quite ordinary by their standards.

His volley, which also happened to be our best chance of a goal, was on his right.

Usually he is awfully one footed. That cracking volley was surprising though, thought it was Cabaye watching it live. Maybe he should be putting his right to more use than he does.

Hmph well it's your style, and if you take that as a compliment you're a mug. *half hearted apology right here*

I've not slept poorly here like probably 4 hours sleep, had a joint to help me doze off as well, feel nervy and sick. We usually lose when I build games up like this, but what a game we have today. WHAT A FUCKIN GAME. In a Premiership sense, we don't play bigger games than this, like ever without being title challengers. I don't even accept that Villa in 2009 was bigger than this. It might sound arrogant, but in my eyes we are a far bigger club than anyone who went down since Man Utd did in 1974. Man City, Tottenham, Leeds, West Ham, Villa (88), Sheff Wed etc... I knew we'd come back up, was terrible, but this could be a pivotal game in the next five or six years in my view. If we win today, we'll have one foot in the Champions League. There's nee way Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea will not improve, they've all been shit by their standards. The key thing is the toon, we have some top class players, we qualify for the Champions League, it would be madness even for that fat cunt, to have a firesale. The CL money will give us the opportunity to get ourselves where we used to be, in the top 15 richest clubs in the world, retain our best players and keep building so this season has a legacy rather than some sort of Everton style fluke. That's how big today is.

I think it's winnable, they've had some amazing away results 6-1 at Norwich, and Man Utd, 5-1 at Tottenham, but by the same token they've lost at the blue dippers, the mackems, Chelsea, Liverpool, and in Europe against shite like Sporting Lisbon they struggled. They're a fantastic side when you look through them

Hart - very decent (best young keeper in Europe my cock though, he's nee Krul)

Zabaleta - competent (not the best RB in the league)

Clichy - see above but LB

Kompany - head and shoulders the best centre half in the Barclays Premier League

Lescott - errors do come in to his game but he's nee Boumsong

Silva - top class, but hasn't reached his early season heights

Y Toure - one of the best in the world when he's in the mood

Nasri - class, but hot and cold at times

Barry - like a tortoise, positionally he's excellent, but he's nee Tiote, get in to the shit cunt

Tevez - class but he's nee Shearer

Aguero - great first season

Clearly they're a good side, but.........imo they're nee where near Arsenal of 2004 or Man Utd of 2008, or even Chelsea of 2005. They're beatable, people might laugh at this but their greatest asset is Mancini, when his lass is away he probably pulls himself over tactical formations. They're extremely well organised, but SJP can rock any team, and if we worry about we can and can't do then we've got a chance. Cisse 8/1 very generous by the way. BIGGEST GAME FOR YEARS, a draw is nee good to anyone apart from Man Utd, we just need to tactically compete, and keep it tight then chuck the kitchen sink at them last 20 minutes.

Not the best as above.

But CHAMPIONS.

Thank you though as you were brilliant with us in the Leaze stand. Quality fans and good luck at Everton.

Well done city, class result :)

It was wasn't it? Against one of Kompany's top teams in the league.

If only you could be involved in something meaningful at his stage of the season. They might even let you out for the day.

Uh ? Is the Makem highly indecisive or are other powers at work here ¿

He was doing a canny job of hanging himself with the second effort then his retry went the journey too ?

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Congrats to City btw. All this talk of buying the league, but who would reject it if it was us? And it's still fucking hard no matter who you sign, Man U have proved that perfectly.

They're a bit like us really, so if they can get a break and win something(s) there is every reason to think we WILL also.

Haway the lads.

TS- That's as long as the Martin O'Neill revolution doesn't steamroller every fucker aside on their unstoppable march to the title.

Oh… wait.