Ask yerself an honest question....

Ketsbaia

Souness or Shearer  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Said it once I'll say it again....

most managers could do a better job than the current one however, I dont want any old shite being put in just so we can be in the same position this time next year. I want the manager thats going to take us places, someone world class and proven.

If that means waiting until the end of the season then so be it (if we can get him next week though then even better).

Anyone think that it could be a possibilty to employ a manager as a stop-gap until we find the right one?

I know I keep saying Hitzfeld but he'd be a brilliant manager for us, he's proven he's a good manager from his Bayern days surely?

If we can't get him however, how about a temporary appointment until a good manager comes along (ie Martin O' Neil)?

Anyone think that it could be a possibilty to employ a manager as a stop-gap until we find the right one?

I know I keep saying Hitzfeld but he'd be a brilliant manager for us, he's proven he's a good manager from his Bayern days surely?

If we can't get him however, how about a temporary appointment until a good manager comes along (ie Martin O' Neil)?

73113[/snapback]

been saying this for ages, its what we should have done last year, we should have left Carver in charge on a temp basis

73113[/snapback]

been saying this for ages, its what we should have done last year, we should have left Carver in charge on a temp basis

73115[/snapback]

thats all well and good if you have someone already at the club who could do the job but I wouldnt want to see any of those "YES BOSS" blokes sitting in the driving seat.

So if its not from inside the club then where? who is going to come here knowing that they're just temporary? who will leave another club to join us for 5 months? and heaven forbid somebody did, I could imagine Shepherd in 6 months time thinking "you know what hes done a canny job and hes half the price that Hitzfield chap wants, we'll stick with him"

He has been unlucky, but who wants an unlucky manager?

As the season is now effectively dead its time to start planning for the future. I hope Freddie is already sounding out replacements.

73108[/snapback]

I don't agree - he made his bed by reducing the size of the squad in the summer, now he's paying the penalty.

Frankly the excuses about injuries are becoming tiresome - injuries gained during the matches are something he can't control, but far too many of our lot get injured during training. Also if we had a decent sized squad, we'd have players to bring in.

As they said on Talksport today, you don't hear the likes of Allardyce using the 'injuries' excuse, do you - but then they have a decent sized squad...

Me. No no seriously. Or you. If fact, ok I wouldnt have the respect of the players so Id use maybe Shearer / TM for that. But anyone could see against Liverpool that his midfield had been put together on the bag of a soggy tab box. Against Liverpool? The bloke was having a laugh.

Some things that have been done have seriously left me speechless. Selling Hughes for what, two buttons and milk bottle top? Letting Bernard go and bringing in Babayaro? THAT Liverpool midfield selection. Telling us we had to get used to winning 1-0. I could go on. The club used to be ran by a committee and not a manager, we could do a better job with a few of us than him, and that aint a joke.

Me.  No no seriously.  Or you.  If fact, ok I wouldnt have the respect of the players so Id use maybe Shearer / TM for that.  But anyone could see against Liverpool that his midfield had been put together on the bag of a soggy tab box.  Against Liverpool?  The bloke was having a laugh. 

Some things that have been done have seriously left me speechless.  Selling Hughes for what, two buttons and milk bottle top?  Letting Bernard go and bringing in Babayaro?  THAT Liverpool midfield selection.  Telling us we had to get used to winning 1-0.  I could go on.  The club used to be ran by a committee and not a manager, we could do a better job with a few of us than him, and that aint a joke.

73165[/snapback]

Tony Montana or Toby Maguire? I'd take either over Souness.

Whilst i would be happy for the likes of Roeder etc to take over first team affairs on a temporary basis until a replacement is found, i wouldn`t let Shearer anywhere near the job.

73250[/snapback]

I'd be very surprised if Shearer would take it as I don't think he could get the players to play for him. He's too close to the current regime IMO.

It's so desperate at the mo' i'd even settle for George Graham or Very Terribles until the summer.

At least they have some sense of organisation and GG would sort out the back 4 double quick.

You know i wouldn't be surprised to see Shearer get the job in the summer. FS has put up with Souey this long (compared with what SBR got sacked for) why not just risk this seasons league position some more to prevent a better manager coming in... that way King Al can beat his record, finish his career and land his first managerial job for next season.

Unfortunately I think Shearer will definitely be the next manager. It would make sense from Fat Fred's incompetent and deluded point of view - the fans seem to be quite divided at the moment, with a lot of people blaming the board for the situation we're finding ourselves in. What's better than a Geordie legend becoming manager to get the fans fully behind the club again? :)

Surely anybody could be a better option right now? I can't possibly see how things could get any worse for us at the moment.  :)

73086[/snapback]

We could get beat off Mansfield and be out of all competitions.

I've took Souness over Shearer tbh.

Shearer is a wanker and is just as much a part of the problem as Souness is.

73644[/snapback]

I heard from a pretty decent source there is no way the current players will play for Al, with one or two notable exceptions.