Banning vs Rules

ChezGiven

Sledgehammer/nut.

As Ewerk has posted above, and previous in this thread, if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it.

Also every person has the right to say what they want - if you don't like what they say then agree to disagree.

Regarding banning people, I joined the online forum the other day as I needed to speak to someone, and god, the number of different things you can get banned for - it's just plain daft - you can't even offer tickets for matches - that gets a ban.

I love this forum because anything goes as they say, people should know what's decent and morally correct, OK, there have been a few posted whereby people have honestly asked questions of something that is wrong - that Norwegian shooting those kids etc - and that just sparks debate as to why's and wherefore's.

BUT please don't change anything - I love you all as you are - a FANTASTIC group of Toon fan's who speak from the heart (from time to time).

Keeping it black and white,

SCT

Edited by south_cheshire_toon

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: the condescension begins. How's your tache coming along?

Ironic given how condescending you are to Leazes. You think Jimbo leaving over Stevie was good thing? Genuine question.

Anyone who doesn't like it can fuck to http://z3.invisionfr...forum/index.php

Anyway, do whatever you want. The new rules aren't going to affect 99% of the users on here and ultimately no one really gives a fuck. I understand why you wanted to consult the users on the new rules but really people just need strong leadership and you need an iron fist. So get the admin/mods to agree on a list of rules and be done with it.

Think it was a good move to have a thread like this to give everyone a chance to register their thoughts.

Stevie, Fop, Hova, ASM, Victor, LM to name but a few. Months of debate and people falling out, leaving the forum etc because like some fucking pubescent fucking teenager 'we don't want rulez'.

It's fucking hilarious iyam.

We didnt. You started the thread remember?

The concensus amongst forum users is that there was ONE problem and that ONE problem needed sorting. That ONE problem has had many warnings and not changed.

It either need ONE person to change or the moderating team to act.

The wheel does not need re-inventing.

Every thread that that one person is the top poster in has a small group of people behind him as the most frequent responders....ironically there's a strong correlation between that group and the people that want him banned most now. I'm not saying correlation is causation, Chez would have my guts for garters, but banning that group would have had a similar benefit on the forum I think. I'd hate to see those people banned, but they're bringing it down too.

We didnt. You started the thread remember?

Since when does that mean I can't express my opinion on whether it's funny. This thread revealing the true underlying instincts people have for censorship and latent online nazism. There's the irony and condescension again in case your pretty little nursey head missed it.

Think it was a good move to have a thread like this to give everyone a chance to register their thoughts.

This is the internet. They could be introducing a new policy of a free blowjob from Salma Hayek with every 100 posts and there would still be people moaning about it.

Ironic given how condescending you are to Leazes. You think Jimbo leaving over Stevie was good thing? Genuine question.

I've tried with him. As has everyone else. I've typed out huge essays and had them met with "if you think selling your best players etc". Condescension and pisstaking is all he merits at this stage. I'm not sure it's what the wider forum deserves from its new moderating team though.

Every thread that that one person is the top poster in has a small group of people behind him as the most frequent responders....ironically there's a strong correlation between that group and the people that want him banned most now. I'm not saying correlation is causation, Chez would have my guts for garters, but banning that group would have had a similar benefit on the forum I think. I'd hate to see those people banned, but they're bringing it down too.

I dont disagree with that but at the end of the day the various warnings should have been enough for that one poster to either change his style or go elsewhere. We are not talking about a 19 year old kid.

I, JawD and many others have genuinely asked him to change, let it go and contribute more in other ways. He has decided not too.

It may also be worth stating that very little moderation has been going on. Now with the new team in place, surely it is quite easy to nip the bog standard derailment in the bud. If not then in the creche for a week.

Either he will change, spend a lot of time in the creche or clear off. WIN WIN WIN.

Since when does that mean I can't express my opinion on whether it's funny. This thread revealing the true underlying instincts people have for censorship and latent online nazism. There's the irony and condescension again in case your pretty little nursey head missed it.

:blush2:

It may also be worth stating that very little moderation has been going on. Now with the new team in place, surely it is quite easy to nip the bog standard derailment in the bud. If not then in the creche for a week.

Either he will change, spend a lot of time in the creche or clear off. WIN WIN WIN.

Spot on CT.

LM is out of the creche and there's plenty of mods on board now who are probably going to be much less forgiving of both him and those that goad him from now on. Won't do any harm at all to see how that goes for a bit.

On my conspiracy forum people get banned everyday but nobody notices (unless it's a old member) cause there are 4,000 members and hundreds of post everyday. The real issue here is that we honestly feel that we know each other quite well and therefore it is harder to take action. Just a thought.

On the latter point - if anyone 'new' rocked-up on here and read this thread I'd bet my last Post It Note and Blue Peter badges they'd be vamoose quicker than you could summon up a comedy rubber gavel .

:lol: We've told him not to be naughty. We're sure he'll take notice of us this time. 300th time lucky!

Fucking useless.

The thing is if his favourite topic is off limits here, its probably fair to say he will seek out pastures new to spread the word.

Either that or be unable to control himself here and face the wrath of the A Team.

:lol: We've told him not to be naughty. We're sure he'll take notice of us this time. 300th time lucky!

Fucking useless.

ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Seriously, were you content that Jimbo left over the squabbles about banning?

It's no coincidence that this place improves tenfold when LM isn't around. We've actually been able to enjoy the result this week without the thread descending into the usual crap.

No other rules required.

Either LM takes his medicine or it's back in the crèche when he starts up again, which he will.

Would have thought people crying for bans would want a say on what should constitute a banning offence though CT.

Seems not though. Preference for complaint rather than amicable solution.

• Tom unlocked and locked this topic