Chelsea

peasepud

Was that Essien getting his just desserts for the Hamann challenge the other week??

Only this one wasn't deliberate IMO...

73096[/snapback]

aye, Mourinho's interview was another classic, along the lines of "you always have a go at us" although he did have a fair point when he stated that "Gerrard made 4 aggressions against Newcastle and you dont mention it".

tbh what Gerrard does against us is of no concern to Mourinho...

I think he's having a pop because he turned them down for a second successive summer...

Gerrard is an arse tbh

73111[/snapback]

It's just my opinion mind, but I reckon Gerrard is the best player in the Premiership, bar none, at the moment. Fantastic.

And Motty on MOTD should have a look at himself. He hardly gave Drogba any credit but imo that finish was absolutely magnificent.

Mourinho interviews used to be sharp and witty. Now he's quoting straight out of the Ferguson/Wenger book. So defensive, arrogant and sneering. Shame.

73106[/snapback]

Still takes the focus off his players, which is clearly his aim.

Arse or not, Gerrard is awesome. I don't know how anyone can see Lampard is as good or better than him.

73597[/snapback]

Try most nation's managers for starters.

Arse or not, Gerrard is awesome. I don't know how anyone can see Lampard is as good or better than him.

73597[/snapback]

Ignoring the goals and assists, you're probably right. Gerrard does tackle more. No doubt we'll get the whole "put Gerrard in the Chelsea team and he'd score a trillion goals a game" claim though :)

In my opinion Gerrard is vastly over-rated. Good player yes, and deservedly in the England starting 11, but he's not as good as Lampard at the moment.

It's purely opinion though. I just happen to agree with most managers and players in the world, but it doesn't make me right.

Perhaps at his very best Gerrard is better than Lampard at his very best, but Lampard is far more consistent. Personally I don't think there is much to choose between them.

Perhaps at his very best Gerrard is better than Lampard at his very best, but Lampard is far more consistent. Personally I don't think there is much to choose between them.

73746[/snapback]

Probably summed it up perfectly there.

Perhaps you could have added "Lampard = Legend, Gerrard = Twat" though :)

Mourinho is starting to become far too paranoid, like the whole world is plotting against him. In his world, the FA hate him, UEFA hate him, refs hate him, Wenger hates him etc etc. He's a very bad loser, but then again, a lot of managers become successful by being driven by their hatred of being second best.

As for Gerrard and Lampard, both superb midfielders, but I've gone off Gerrard as a bloke over the last couple of years. Become more sly with his kicking and shoving and if one more Liverpool fan goes on about him being a loyal red onemore time I'm going to open up a can of whoop ass. Aye, really loyal, got his agent to sort out a move to Chelsea now twice and only stayed because Liverpool literally threw large amounts of cash at him.

73746[/snapback]

Probably summed it up perfectly there.

Perhaps you could have added "Lampard = Legend, Gerrard = Twat" though :)

73749[/snapback]

Goes without saying surely ;)

73746[/snapback]

I'd have either at SJP - only on a free mind you

Fair enough Lampard is more consistent, but technically Gerrard is IMO clearly superior. He makes more tackles and their passes are hard to choose between, but he is IMO a better free-kick taker and has far more influence on the game than Lampard. Doesn't score as many though.

I can't see Lampard performing like Gerrard did in the CL final.

Edited by TheInspiration

Fair enough Lampard is more consistent, but technically Gerrard is IMO clearly superior. He makes more tackles and their passes are hard to choose between, but he is IMO a better free-kick taker and has far more influence on the game than Lampard. Doesn't score as many though.

I can't see Lampard performing like Gerrard did in the CL final.

74269[/snapback]

Had a quality second half until he moved positions, then he constantly got ripped to shreds. Didn't notice him in the first half.

Anyway, ask Liverpool fans about their corners and freekicks. They're not as impressed as you are. Lampard is one of the best set piece takers in the league.