Bet Enrique feels like..

Park Life

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a better season?

Liverpool finishing 8th/9th and winning the Carling Cup or us finishing 5th?

Edited by Flair

What's a better season?

Liverpool finishing 8th/9th and winning the Carling Cup or us finishing 5th?

Liv's season has been an unmitigated disaster. I also hear the fans are getting on his back for his poor performances of late.

Edited by Park Life

Liv's season has been an unmitigated disaster. I also hear the fans are getting on his back for his poor performances of late.

Yeah, however, I would still rather win the Carling Cup and qualify for the Europa League via that than finish 5th. It's a cup! However, if we get Champions League, obviously we would have had the better season.

I'd take our season over theirs any day of the week. It would obviously be nice to win the Carling cup but Liverpool have been horrendous and played terrible football for the majority of the season whilst we have had too many memorable games and goals to even begin to list.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I think a higher league finish shows a consistently higher level of performance and shows more promise for us to build on than 8th and a cup that, although I would absolutely love to win don't get me wrong, was won by Birmingham last year. Whatever happens next weekend this rollercoaster has probably provided at least as much excitement as a Carling Cup win would muster

As a total one off I'd probably say for us 8th and the Carling Cup would edge it mainly because of how long it's been since we won anything, but in Liverpool's shoes I'd prefer 5th.

We've been miles ahead of them this season and if the squad stays together then we'll be above them in the table again.

They'll throw silly money (been linked to Bent today) at a few overrated players again and fall away from the top 6 after a decent initial run.

Christ, how many people are going to buy darren bent? :lol:

hm actually, Ive just looked and Im stunned to find hes only had 5 clubs

I'm amazed he hasn't played for liverpool already tbh. I reckon he'd be nailed on to sign for them as well given their transfer policy.

Decent striker at prem level but not at the fees he's commanded!

when you said it I thought he already had done, went to check when I found the 5 clubs

I think im mixing him up with peter crouch

i think he'll be disappointed how crap liverpool have done but probably still confident that his move will be vindicated eventually.

i hope we'll keep this group of players together and kick on next season but if i were betting man, i'd still fancy liverpool to do better than us over the course of enrique's contract there simply because they still have that ability to attract top players and they've got the habit of winning trophies.

that said, they do have a manager that seems to have lost the plot and fans that are blind to his faults so hopefully this season won't be a blip for us or them.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Even with a change of manager (which would certainly be a big help) they'd need a lot more investment to be challenging for the top 4 I reckon. Downing/Henderson/Spearing etc are nothing players and some of their usually reliable players like Reina and Gerrard seem to be on the wane. I actually think Caroll will come good for them eventually, or at least be an adequate player as he has begun to show again.

You'd have to be stupid not to want to swap seasons. They've won 2 cups man!

They beat a Championship team it the Carling Cup Final...that's one.

The second cup must be... "The biggest Dickheads of the year Cup "