Bet Enrique feels like..

Park Life

Aye reet then, one cup. My point still stands.

I must admit, I'd love to see us win a cup, even if it's just the Carling Cup.

So 5th place or the Carling Cup ? ..for me Newcastle United winning a cup would be the choice.

But for Liverpool, no chance. 130 million pounds was spent to win the Premier League at the very least get into the Champions league.

They would kill to have our season.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if he feels a dick but having to go between the sticks while the crowd were mocking him must have been the lowest point of his career. Worse than relegation even.

I think Enrique was a fool spurned on by the loss of Nolan and Barton no doubt feeding his head with negative stuff. The weird thing, if we had kept Enrique we would have had been more in 3rd or 4th as he was a very solid left back.

To be honest, Santon is starting to come good now and it's only disappointing that the season is about to end as he is starting to find his feet.

Enrique deep down wont like looking at our league position but will feel justified with his Winners medal. If Newcastle get champions league and it's a BIG ask then that medal won't shine as much as the champions league is where all players want to be!

Edited by KeithJ

I think Enrique was a fool spurned on by the loss of Nolan and Barton no doubt feeding his head with negative stuff. The weird thing, if we had kept Enrique we would have had been more in 3rd or 4th as he was a very solid left back.

To be honest, Santon is starting to come good now and it's only disappointing that the season is about to end as he is starting to find his feet.

Enrique deep down wont like looking at our league position but will feel justified with his Winners medal. If Newcastle get champions league and it's a BIG ask then that medal won't shine as much as the champions league is where all players want to be!

Hard to say for sure though. Ryan Taylor won us some big points at the start of the season which we may or may not have won otherwise. If the derby, second game of the season, had ended 0-0 we might never have gone on that run. Gave us a massive morale/confidence boost that win. Obviously Enrique is the better player and we may have won other points elsewhere, but it's odd how things work out sometimes.

What's a better season?

Liverpool finishing 8th/9th and winning the Carling Cup or us finishing 5th?

Perhaps you should have said "us finishing 6th" as that might well happen.

If we lose to Everton and Chelsea get 4 points from their last 2 games we will finish 6th.

I don't honestly give a fuck about the Coca Cola Cup.

True this. The Carling Cup is slightly better than winning the Champonship. If everyone took it seriously it would hold more sway - but they clearly don't with every other team (us included) using the games to give young and secondary players some game time.

:lol:

The notion that Enrique will be polishing his championship winners medal proudly and using his cup winner/runner up medals as paper weights.

People will be convincing themselves the Intertoto win is better next.

"Whey it's a european cup winners medal innit? Stands to reason"

Hahaha this thread, so our league season has been pretty shit. However he's already played at wembley three times this year, reached two finals won one trophy. You lot probably won't finish top 4, so Europa League looks likely for you. So he's won a trophy and will play in Europe next season, you have won nothing and will play in the same competition. He's at a bigger club on a bigger wage and has already won more than you have in donkeys years, but i'm sure he's absolutely gutted. :bunny:

Hahaha this thread, so our league season has been pretty shit. However he's already played at wembley three times this year, reached two finals won one trophy. You lot probably won't finish top 4, so Europa League looks likely for you. So he's won a trophy and will play in Europe next season, you have won nothing and will play in the same competition. He's at a bigger club on a bigger wage and has already won more than you have in donkeys years, but i'm sure he's absolutely gutted. :bunny:

Shouldn't you be kicking off with the other chavs? Or pushing women out of their own toilets? Or maybe rifling through the pockets of the dead?

Scousers, what a set of pikey cunts :lol:

I absolutely agree with you that he's probably happy enough with his move, and he's won a trophy and all the rest of it.

The fact is though that he's joined a club that is very much in decline and the longer you lot stay out of the Champions League, the more marked that decline will become, to the point where Wembley finals become a freak occurrence, never mind league titles (which you've never been further from contesting I'm my lifetime). Particularly if you keep keep that hairy lugged dinosaur in charge.

Welcome to life as an also-ran.

It makes me laugh hearing Liverpool fans go on about winning the title when they haven't got a chance.

''We're a massive club'' etc etc. They've been the joke of the season despite the Carling cup win when a Championship team took them to penalties and nearly beat them.

The only reason they're at such short odds to win the league each year, is because of the delusion of their fans

They know all that like, hence why they're hyper defensive about stuff like this thread.

We can afford a good laugh because Enrique didn't get what the delusional red squeakers told him he'd get when he signed. That's all this thread is about so they're wasting their time coming on trying to save face.

Before 1971 we were a bigger club than you, more trophies won, higher attendances generally through our history etc..., you've won more since and have a bigger global fanbase as a result. Your global fanbase will disappear the longer you spend languishing in mid table, with 5,000 empty seats like your last league game. Wasn't much higher than our worst gate in the Championship, which proves my point we have a bigger local fanbase than you do.

Liverpool are perceived as a bigger club though, and rightly so due to your ability to win trophies, however, one thing I can say with certainty is we are a better side than you from back to front. Significantly so imo, you need about 8 players just to get Tottenham's level. We don't. The likes of Spearing, Henderson and Flannagan wouldn't get anywhere near our bench. The Liverpool crowd is making life hell for the likes of Carroll, there's a horrible atmosphere around the club, you've spent £40m net since the new yanks came in, and the question has to be can you keep hold of your big name players like Suarez? If bigger clubs made their interest firm I'm sure you'll struggle, as you found with Owen and Torres. The future is looking as bright as it has for years for us, and as bleak as it has done since Souness for you, Enrique may be on more money, but he looks miserable, he looks like he doesn't want to play for Liverpool for me, and Carroll looked the same, I think it took him a year to get the toon out of his system, we all know where he'd rather be, with or without a ridiculous 80k a week contract. Hope you win tonight though.

I absolutely agree with you that he's probably happy enough with his move, and he's won a trophy and all the rest of it.

The fact is though that he's joined a club that is very much in decline and the longer you lot stay out of the Champions League, the more marked that decline will become, to the point where Wembley finals become a freak occurrence, never mind league titles (which you've never been further from contesting I'm my lifetime). Particularly if you keep keep that hairy lugged dinosaur in charge.

Welcome to life as an also-ran.

Agree 100% with the scoucer and Gemma