Everton vs Newcastle United Sun 13 May 2012 3.00pm

Andrew

I've felt for the past couple of games that Ba's dry spell of goals is going to climax with him scoring important goals for us by the end of the season - odds on for Ba to score the goal(s) that get us the points and put us through to the CL

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win on Sunday, I may finally forgive Everton for that year when Bernard was hacked down the ref allowed play to go on, and then one of their players dived in the box got a pen

To this day I still hold a grudge about that.

That bald twat Graveson wasn't it, nearly snapped Bernard in two.

I've felt for the past couple of games that Ba's dry spell of goals is going to climax with him scoring important goals for us by the end of the season - odds on for Ba to score the goal(s) that get us the points and put us through to the CL

He's hit the bar about 4 times without scoring during this barren spell, there's got to be a goal coming this weekend!

He's hit the bar about 4 times without scoring during this barren spell, there's got to be a goal coming this weekend!

Agreed! i feel like it's folly to underestimate everton at this stage of the season, they may not have anything left to play for but they've had a steady run of form and are looking incredibly solid lately. But i've got a good feeling about this game! the lads will be up for it and Ba will be out to spank someone and prove he's not crocked hit (not that i think he has like!)

So have I, was certain that he was going to score against City.

Sadly these feelings be they romantic or what don't always come to fruition - which I guess makes the times they do all the sweeter - but it would be fucking awesome if they did this time.

To this day I still hold a grudge about that.

That bald twat Graveson wasn't it, nearly snapped Bernard in two.

two footed straight in to the shins, and the ref 'yeah play on'

my mistake was above the knee, not shin. Nufc.com's take on it

65 mins Possibly the most catalogued events of the weekend: Bernard went in for a 50:50 ball with Gravesen. Our man got the ball, Gravesen was a million miles away from it and studded Bernard above the knee.

Ref Barry had the best view in the ground but waved play on as Bernard crashed to the floor motionless. Everton carried on regardless, although hatchet-man Gravesen and his boss were allegedly trying to get the Everton players to kick the ball out.

Rooney slipped the ball through to Campbell and an innocuous challenge from Woodgate saw Campbell come crashing down. Never a penalty in my book but unfortunately Neale Barry was writing the story and the spot-kick was given.

After a huge delay for treatment to Bernard (and Campbell who had broken a fingernail) Unsworth thumped his kick down the middle while Shay dived to his left. 1-2

a_60607a.jpg

How much?

they aren't face value mate. Just taking offers. £40face. More you take i'll just do a deal. Pm with an offer if your interested.

65 mins Possibly the most catalogued events of the weekend: Bernard went in for a 50:50 ball with Gravesen. Our man got the ball, Gravesen was a million miles away from it and studded Bernard above the knee.

Ref Barry had the best view in the ground but waved play on as Bernard crashed to the floor motionless. Everton carried on regardless, although hatchet-man Gravesen and his boss were allegedly trying to get the Everton players to kick the ball out.

Rooney slipped the ball through to Campbell and an innocuous challenge from Woodgate saw Campbell come crashing down. Never a penalty in my book but unfortunately Neale Barry was writing the story and the spot-kick was given.

After a huge delay for treatment to Bernard (and Campbell who had broken a fingernail) Unsworth thumped his kick down the middle while Shay dived to his left. 1-2

a_60607a.jpg

Bugger me, I'd totally forgotten Rooney played that match :lol:

It was a fucking disgraceful tackle, didn't get a ban either did he?

Tried to find it in YouTube but no joy.

fecking hate ticket touts, real bug bear for games and gigs

Aye, you're right. I don't mind it if someones genuinly trying to get rid of a ticket they can't use and they make a few quid off it, if mugs are willing to pay over the top then good on them. Seems like this bloke goes out of the way to make money on it.

a_60607a.jpg

Aye, and if I remember rightly it was close between ourselves, Arsenal and Man United at that point and a win would have put us top? Or am I wearing rose tinted glasses? In any case after that result we dropped off. Will never forget Neale Barry for that

<p>nufc.com talking about the time we sneaked into 2nd spot and pinched the CL spot from Liverpool and Arsenal whilst the Mackems and the Smogs both got relegated. We've a chance and with the pressure not really on us it could happen but we definitely have the hardest game between the the three clubs involved. Nothing to lose and everything to gain imho.