What are you playing

Bonamental

Stick around the first time you do it.

It's comical. :D

Tried it a few times, it was class. I did it to a tower captain and he took out half his guard :lol:. I clocked it last night, thought the last few levels were wank as the weapon it makes you use is dogshit but I just had to play through it so I could have Rome to free roam round.

I've went straight to AC3 to see what it's like and it's a fairly significant change, I don't like that they've changed a load of buttons. I'm shite at it like, I like that the combat is harder now and you can't just stay blocking and countering you have to take a little risk to counter now it seems rather than just simply waiting for them to hit while you hold.

The lines of riflemen are a fucking pisser mind, I keep getting killed on the first one I've come across (as that English bloke, not up to Connor yet) as I kill all the guards that are near enough to grab so I just keep getting shot and nowt seems to block the bullets unless you hold someone in front of you.

The bit on the boat was dull as fuck in all, if the rest of the game is owt like that then I see what people are talking about.

Aye, I'll probably go back and play that before bothering continuing with 3. You should be able to get it for next to nowt, my copy come with the first game on the disk in all.

Tried it a few times, it was class. I did it to a tower captain and he took out half his guard :lol:. I clocked it last night, thought the last few levels were wank as the weapon it makes you use is dogshit but I just had to play through it so I could have Rome to free roam round.

I've went straight to AC3 to see what it's like and it's a fairly significant change, I don't like that they've changed a load of buttons. I'm shite at it like, I like that the combat is harder now and you can't just stay blocking and countering you have to take a little risk to counter now it seems rather than just simply waiting for them to hit while you hold.

The lines of riflemen are a fucking pisser mind, I keep getting killed on the first one I've come across (as that English bloke, not up to Connor yet) as I kill all the guards that are near enough to grab so I just keep getting shot and nowt seems to block the bullets unless you hold someone in front of you.

The bit on the boat was dull as fuck in all, if the rest of the game is owt like that then I see what people are talking about.

I found that with the combat in 3, but you soon get used to it and I thought it was actually an improvement, moving you away from constant block-counter-block-counter fighting. The rifles are annoying, but again you soon learn when they are going to do it and even if you haven't got anyone near, just run like fuck sideways (as they stay pretty straight on when they are set up) and you can avoid most of the shots.

The boat is really boring, but the rest of it is alright. Apart from the village folk scanning bullshit (don't even bother with it, waste of time).

I actually liked AC3 (I think I might be the only person here who did). Connor isn't an interesting character at all, and the bow and arrow is such a waste of an idea (see Tomb Raider for how to do it properly) and the complete lack of proper buildings/cities does hamper the game A LOT, but the combat is much better and I actually enjoyed the naval missions and the bits around that. I haven't played 4 yet (waiting till I get a PS4 probably around Christmas) but I'm hoping they've kept the new combat but gone back to having proper cities to run around (there must be naval stuff given that he's a pirate?).

Aye I've kept playing as I was worried I'd never get it but I'm starting to get the hang of it now. I really like the combat now, like you said it's a big improvement on block-counter as you can be aggressive attacking until you see they're making an attack then blocking and countering fluidly, I really like that the enemy have more of a chance now as well and I've had to actually run away from a few fights as I'd gotten surrounded by the tougher enemies that can only be taken down with a counter then pistol/bow and arrow. I'm more able to avoid the barrages, I still get caught in the open now and again but I've started just putting bodies between me and them which often works.

I've been enjoying parts up to now (I'm finally adult Connor in assassins clobber) but some have been excruciatingly dull, the whole lead up to being adult Connor just felt like an overly long epilogue. Agree on the lack of cities, I often find myself running up a building to notice there's nothing around it to jump onto so I have to make my way down to street level. The one boat bit I've done was cracking like, I was nervous about how it would feel as a lot of the other different vehicle bits tended to feel clunky to me in other AC games but they did a very good job.

I'm not sure what the cities are like in AC4 but I know that there's a really heavy focus on the ships. There's a trailer for the next AC, called Unity, and it looks to be set in Paris during the reign of Terror so that guarantees a lot of the built up areas like Rome/Florence/Constantinople etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bit of Diablo on the PC, really waiting for the console version in Aug though.

You planning to pick this up @@JawD?

Got it for the xbox one yesterday (having already had the PC version) and spent a couple of hours on it last night, it has ported really well imo, looks good, console controls work nicely and the updates to various systems behind the scenes has made it a better game than when it was released on the PC

The new Wolfenstein. Stealth is somewhere between difficult and fucking well impossible when you consider that the enemies are the same colour as every other thing in the area.

This has gotten a lot better now that the environments have brightened up a bit. This one looks like it's going back to gun metal grey and black though. Joy.

Diablo 3 is excellent btw. Played the 360 version last year and had a good time with it. I remember the loot being such that you can find one or two weapons early on that kick the tits off everything up until the end game, if you're lucky. It's also a bit on the easy side on the regular difficulty so I'd bump it up.

This has gotten a lot better now that the environments have brightened up a bit. This one looks like it's going back to gun metal grey and black though. Joy.

Diablo 3 is excellent btw. Played the 360 version last year and had a good time with it. I remember the loot being such that you can find one or two weapons early on that kick the tits off everything up until the end game, if you're lucky. It's also a bit on the easy side on the regular difficulty so I'd bump it up.

They've revamped the loot system now the real money auctions have gone. And the expansion comes packaged with the new console versions

You planning to pick this up @@JawD?

Got it for the xbox one yesterday (having already had the PC version) and spent a couple of hours on it last night, it has ported really well imo, looks good, console controls work nicely and the updates to various systems behind the scenes has made it a better game than when it was released on the PC

Got it for my PS4, had a couple of nights on it. I actually think it plays better on console than it does PC. Cracking little game like. Great gear progression etc.

Last of Us Remastered. What a phenomenally good game it is. Played through on hard and restarted it straight away on the top setting.

Probably the best game I've ever played. :banana:

• 4 months later...

Been playing Far Cry 4 past few weeks, not sure if anyone here has played it.

First thoughts, very repetitive, far too many side missions, not enough main story ones and those fucking wild dogs do my head in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...