What are you playing

Bonamental

• 4 months later...

Just got an Xbox One. It's canny.

Sunset Overdrive - Incredibly annoying style aside, it's a lot of fun. You're basically grinding and bouncing around these areas, fighting enemies that blow up in very satisfying ways. A nice variety to the missions, weapons and locations stop it from being too boring and there's a load of little side challenges that'll test your abilities to kill things or jump through things in a short amount of time. I'm going to fire through it and then move onto one of Dead Rising 3, D4 or Ori and the Blind Forest for my Xbone exclusives.

Also picked up Gears Ultimate. The multiplayer in that is still amazing and I'm still fucking nails at it.

Just got an Xbox One. It's canny.

Sunset Overdrive - Incredibly annoying style aside, it's a lot of fun. You're basically grinding and bouncing around these areas, fighting enemies that blow up in very satisfying ways. A nice variety to the missions, weapons and locations stop it from being too boring and there's a load of little side challenges that'll test your abilities to kill things or jump through things in a short amount of time. I'm going to fire through it and then move onto one of Dead Rising 3, D4 or Ori and the Blind Forest for my Xbone exclusives.

Also picked up Gears Ultimate. The multiplayer in that is still amazing and I'm still fucking nails at it.

How much did the Xbon set you back? (if you don't mind my asking)

£240 used from Grainger Games. No Kinect like but I really couldn't give two fucks about voice control. With Gears Ultimate, it set me back about £270 all together.

:good:

Ta.

I was looking at something similar, but it's just that little bit more expensive, takes it over £300 with games. https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1500GB001#.VegG8hHBzRY

Flitting between a lot of different things at the moment until I get something new to play (fifa basically) Witcher, DAI, anythings thats free on EA Access, the trial of Rory Mcilroy PGA tour, which is actually decent.

Only a few days until fifa though thankfully.

:good:

Ta.

I was looking at something similar, but it's just that little bit more expensive, takes it over £300 with games. https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1500GB001#.VegG8hHBzRY

Aye, I was looking at CEX but their prices for Xbox Ones went up a couple of weeks ago for some reason. First impressions of the console itself are fine but having a PS4 really shows how poor the interface on Xbox One is. Everything is cluttered in a way that makes navigating the menus a nightmare for the first few times you use it and the store page is miles behind the Playstation one from an interface standpoint. Installing games seems to be the same nightmare process of pausing/unpausing/restarting until you get decent speeds. The physical console is a canny size, mind. Don't have my launch 360 to hand but I'd say it's roughly the same size, maybe even bigger so make some space under your telly.

I will say that the suspend/resume feature on Xbox works 100x better than on PS4 for me. Put the console into standby last night, turned it on today and could launch Sunset Overdrive right from where I left off.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

• 10 months later...

Just finished 'Until Dawn'. Great fun though I only had two survivors at the end so I'm tempted to give it another shot.

Graphics were amazing & the gameplay was pretty cool too. Decent enough story, sends your mind in a few different directions etc

Just finished 'Until Dawn'. Great fun though I only had two survivors at the end so I'm tempted to give it another shot.

Graphics were amazing & the gameplay was pretty cool too. Decent enough story, sends your mind in a few different directions etc

Aye, Until Dawn is class. Peter Stomare somehow managing to chew the scenery in a video game is a highlight. As a whole, it really exposes how badly David Cage (Heavy Rain, Farenheit) doesn't grasp how to develop these kind of games.

Yeh - he was class. I got a proper nasty end scene based on my choices, chose far too much Gore so when Josh was tripping he was really tripping, it was fucking rank :lol:

I really enjoyed the game like, the graphics were unreal, the story was clever & the gameplay always felt intense. I'm glad I borrowed it off a mate instead of spending £40 + on it like, as I only got friday night/saturday afternoon out of it and I was done but yeh perhaps worth another shot as apparently everyone apart from the local bloke can survive.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bertaluk said:

Hey, I am huge fan of skyrim, but its enough for this one, maybe you could recommend something more?

Depends what you're after. Another Skyrim type game?

1 hour ago, Ant said:

why are you replying to a spam bot advertising a  coffee website :lol:

So, I am a spam bot> I am just curious, why is bad to have a normal work and passion and to show it. :)

Edited by bertaluk

29 minutes ago, Ant said:

Apologies, you're not a bot, you're an inefficient "seo advisor"  from Lithuania in that case 

an example of this would be http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?54448-hi-guys!

Being a developer, i'd probably write some automation software to handle the registration process/captcha and the link processing from the two factor email, and of course posting my email about my interest with the all important "no follow link" 

but that's me (feel free to try and follow this up with a reply to prove me otherwise that you're here for the long haul, but i think we both know i'm right... i'm always right)

WOW :DDD you make me surprise.  LOOOOOL it's funny. I am really laughing. I am giving you all karma points! WOW!

Do you have a job? is your meaning of life to google some stuff about random people? 

does it make you happy? 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

OK Then. What are you playing? 

I've picked up Doom Eternal and have sunk an hour or so into it so far, probably get more in through the week since all of my D&D games (yeah yeah) are cancelled.

AC Odyssey- first go at it. 

It’s ridiculous how fucking massive it is. 

My little lad is blasting about on the Discovery Tour mode, which is the SFW version with added history tours, so he’s learning about Ancient Greece too. 

This’ll be a months-long time sink, which seems just the ticket. 

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

AC Odyssey- first go at it. 

It’s ridiculous how fucking massive it is. 

My little lad is blasting about on the Discovery Tour mode, which is the SFW version with added history tours, so he’s learning about Ancient Greece too. 

This’ll be a months-long time sink, which seems just the ticket. 

Played that last year and I absolutely loved it. Contention with black flag as my favourite AC game. 

I was shocked at how much I liked Odyssey as well since I bounced off Origins really hard. Some genuinely funny writing in there too.

Playing Doom Eternal too and it's still as enjoyable and visceral as ever but fuck me, there's a LOT going on that I can't remember Doom 2016 having. There's so many concurrent systems to keep track of in combat that I feel it's going to collapse under it's own weight at some point.