What are you playing

Bonamental

On 16/11/2020 at 14:09, Ant said:

tbh at this point anything that dilutes fortnite or his need for vbucks is fair game for me now i loathe that game and the utter shite mood it puts him into, had to restrict his time on it and force him to play other stuff pretty much.

He's 10 and played cod etc so anything with shooting and a bit of gore is fine really,  he can't play gta for obvious reasons  but  anything else within reason i don't mind, he's downstairs trying assassins creed atm and he's watched me playing god of war (again mindless violence for the most part), he won't go near anything scary like resi evil, which is the total opposite to me at his age, likewise with big puzzle games and rpgs, i loved them, his age group/generation don't seem to have the patience for the likes of zelda etc which is down to fortnite imo.

Minecraft was the big one before that, how that didn't bore the balls of his wee crew i have no idea, but they'd spend hours on it.

If you’re on PlayStation,  @Ant, Just Cause 4 is free this month on PS+  
I downloaded it for Fist Jnr, told him it’s “grown-up Fortnite, with extra explosions”. 
He’s loving it. 👍

Your wean might like it? 

22 hours ago, Rayvin said:

So... Cyberpunk looks buggy as all hell. Worse on consoles than on PC apparently but christ.. looks a good few months off being finished unless this day zero patch is going to save it.

Been playing it since yesterday arvo on PS4. Seen one small, forgivable bug.  It’s extremely cool and fun.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trophyshy said:

I have now seen a bit more of the game. The graphics are at times a tad N64.  

I'm going to hold off until the new year I think - not particularly convinced my 970 will get very much out of it frankly.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Among Us.

Really addictive.

I've played this a bit but I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic about it. I might be a bit too introverted to get the most out of it though, it seems to favour people who enjoy talking!

I bloody love among us. 

An hour or two into cyberpunk. No issues so far except my hair not loading one time. Still getting tutorials so not let off the leash yet really. Enjoying it though, feels fallout/outer worldsy to me so far and i love them.

On 11/12/2020 at 23:13, Andrew said:

I bloody love among us. 

An hour or two into cyberpunk. No issues so far except my hair not loading one time. Still getting tutorials so not let off the leash yet really. Enjoying it though, feels fallout/outer worldsy to me so far and i love them.

What platform? 

Among us? My Phone

Cyberpunk, Series S. 

I played loads yesterday and I'm having a great time with it tbh, it did crash once but that is the only problem I've had. 

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/games-cyberpunk-2077-developers-sorry-for-state-of-game-on-last-gen-20201214

Refunds available for Cyber on console for anyone who has given up on it, along with an apology from CDPR for "not having paid enough attention to the console release". Which I think, as a rough translation, we can take to mean "Sorry that the outcry was so big that we had to actually respond to it".

I've also been told that people are breaking the game in stacking damage boosters, and that you can buy $10 items and dismantle them into parts which can be sold for $70 :lol:

Methinks playtesting was one of the things they didn't have time for.

Despite this, some of the people I've talked to are apparently enjoying it, and clearly a couple of people here have too. But for each one of those, I know someone else who has given up trying to play it because of all the issues...

On 11/12/2020 at 11:35, Rayvin said:

I'm going to hold off until the new year I think - not particularly convinced my 970 will get very much out of it frankly.

I've played this a bit but I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic about it. I might be a bit too introverted to get the most out of it though, it seems to favour people who enjoy talking!

I'm only using the text thing on my phone, wouldn't know how to actually talk to the other players. 

I think it would be more fun with a number of friends, but work/family commitments mean we've not had a chance to play as a big group.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/games-cyberpunk-2077-developers-sorry-for-state-of-game-on-last-gen-20201214

Refunds available for Cyber on console for anyone who has given up on it, along with an apology from CDPR for "not having paid enough attention to the console release". Which I think, as a rough translation, we can take to mean "Sorry that the outcry was so big that we had to actually respond to it".

I've also been told that people are breaking the game in stacking damage boosters, and that you can buy $10 items and dismantle them into parts which can be sold for $70 :lol:

Methinks playtesting was one of the things they didn't have time for.

Despite this, some of the people I've talked to are apparently enjoying it, and clearly a couple of people here have too. But for each one of those, I know someone else who has given up trying to play it because of all the issues...

I didn’t even return NMS as despite being a bit repetitive there was a functioning game of sorts.  I sent this back to base.com on Friday.

First 40 minutes were awesome, then you’re driving a Prius through melty Camembert structures in an near empty city.   

How disappointing. I think if it was just poorly optimised I could have forgiven it to some extent though, and waited for the patches to fix it - but it sounds like it's been rushed in all senses - aspects of gameplay letting it down as much as mechanical issues.

I would imagine it'll be playable eventually I guess - hopefully they give it a relaunch at that point.

Didn’t something similar happen with No Man’s Sky- massive hype pre-release, turned out shite then got fixed later and built up a decent following? 

It’s a shame, as CDPR won a lot of goodwill with Witcher 3, but could blow that all away if they handle this badly.  

I probably would as well since I can look past graphical hitches and performance issues easily enough, it's the stories of constant crashing and quest-killing bugs that's putting me off. That and the fact I have Miles Morales and Valhalla sitting here and I worry about open world fatigue. 

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I probably would as well since I can look past graphical hitches and performance issues easily enough, it's the stories of constant crashing and quest-killing bugs that's putting me off. That and the fact I have Miles Morales and Valhalla sitting here and I worry about open world fatigue. 

did love Valhalla right up until it broke my PS4. Probably be getting back to it on next gen after Cyberpunk