What are you playing

Bonamental

A shame about GT7 because the driving itself is fantastic and the single player portion is pretty good, if slightly repetitive but it does help you learn the courses for multiplayer. But, once more, they can't get out their own way with fucking microtransactions, as Tom says. I'm sure the release of updates, new tracks and such forth will help but atm, it's hard to recommend. Even finding a decent multiplayer lobby is hard work. Stick with Gran Turismo 3

Tbh my favourite were the first 2 where you could take any race and win it with a maxed out Subaru Impreza :lol: 

I remember taking turns on the Le Mans courses with mates to get them finished. Health and safety these days mind….

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tom said:

Really enjoying Assassins Creed Valhalla. 

I’ve probably timed it well by waiting a few years after release mind. 

Getting towards the end of the main story ( I think), got the Irish and French dlc to go after that. 

It’s a canny old romp, isn’t it? :lol:

( Did you go Tits or Tackle with Eivor?)

I think I’ve got a while to go story wise, currently raiding monasteries & braying blokes with midlands car boot sale accents. 

I went for bloke Eivor, I don’t think it makes any odds like. Whereas in Assassins Creed Syndicate you used both lass & bloke and they had different skills. 

Im personally looking forward to getting to Northumbria :lol: 

If you wait until the story takes you there, you’ll be waiting a while. 

Nowt to stop you going there at any time,  but you’ll get a proper shoeing if you’re  not up to level :lol:

Have you been to any of the other locations yet, other than Norway and England? 

Edit; Mrs. F. and I are watching the Lost Kingdom from the beginning on Netflix, as there’s a new series out. 
It’s set at the same time, has loads of the same characters, really good if you’re looking for something. 

Unfortunately, Valhalla doesn’t have …

VERY MINOR SPOILER

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Nowt to stop you going there at any time,  but you’ll get a proper shoeing if you’re  not up to level :lol:

Edit; Mrs. F. and I are watching the Lost Kingdom from the beginning on Netflix, as there’s a new series out. 
It’s set at the same time, has loads of the same characters, really good if you’re looking for something. 

VERY MINOR SPOILER

That show is both greatly underrated, and very, very good. I'm holding off on the new season until I rewatch the first 4 in advance, but IMO it's a far superior version of 'Vikings'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That show is both greatly underrated, and very, very good. I'm holding off on the new season until I rewatch the first 4 in advance, but IMO it's a far superior version of 'Vikings'.

That’s exactly what we are doing- rewatching the lot before getting in to season 5. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

VERY MINOR SPOILER

I’ve only really done the level 20 spots & I’m about ready for the level 55 spot, however I’ve just realised you get skills points for the “mysteries” which I’d been ignoring instead for raiding. 

So I should level up pretty rapidly when I start tackling them.

I’ve got a Legendary Predator bow that sets a trap on the bodies you kill with it, I’ve got my budgie to retrieve all my headshot arrows, so I go sniper on most camps and fortresses until I’ve got the population down to a level I can go in swinging. :lol:

Once you get your settlement to level 4, you’ll be able to go “travelling” :whistling:

Oh I don’t think that’ll be too long I just need to raid the harder monasteries so I’ll need a few level ups first. 

I’ll get on the mysteries for an hour or two tonight. Just back from decorating my sisters new flat so I owe myself a couple of hours fun - or laborious grinding out of levels. :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

30% in to game progression on horizon forbidden west.

love it.   :)

Once I’m done with Valhalla, this is next on my list. 

Loved the first one. 

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Once I’m done with Valhalla, this is next on my list. 

Loved the first one. 

brilliant little addition with aloy's gliding shield thing, I keep climbing to the top of really high places just to hurl meself off and glide through the scenery, irrespective of whether I need to. probably accounts for why I'm only 30% in after 90 hours!

tremendous game though, as was as you say the first one.  :)

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any of you nerds watch Mythic Quest? It's a sitcom starring Wrexham's co-owner Rob McElheny, created by him and Charlie Day (Always Sunny). 

It's about the team behind a big medieval online RPG. F. Murray Abraham is in it as well.

7.7 on IMDB which is definitely more than it deserves but it's alright. 

Played an Oculus Quest at the weekend.

Absolutely insane, i played a Star Wars game that was so immersive and as mad as fuck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Any of you nerds watch Mythic Quest? It's a sitcom starring Wrexham's co-owner Rob McElheny, created by him and Charlie Day (Always Sunny). 

It's about the team behind a big medieval online RPG. F. Murray Abraham is in it as well.

7.7 on IMDB which is definitely more than it deserves but it's alright. 

Has Mindy Kaling got owt to do with it? 

• 4 months later...
On 31/05/2022 at 11:01, Tom said:

Played an Oculus Quest at the weekend.

Absolutely insane, i played a Star Wars game that was so immersive and as mad as fuck.

I'm lucky enough to have had VR since HTV Vive . I've got a whole double bedroom as a playspace and a Valve Index at the moment - it drives my wife bonkers I think :)

Half Life - Alyx , is possibly the best gaming experience I've ever had.

Anyhoo - coming on to share that I've just finished "Return to Monkey Island" and it brought a frog to my throat and a tear to my eye, it was that good. I think you have to be 40+ though !