What are you playing

Bonamental

Flitting between Tomb Raider and Dragon Age Origins.

I'm liking DAO, even if the visuals are a bit pants. Wish I hadn't wasted potions on the two muppets who died during the joining ritual - the AI seems a little simplistic but I'm guessing I haven't figured it all out yet. Good game so far, but hard!

Tomb Raider is pretty great overall, although sometimes it feels as if they should've just made this an animated movie. Square Enix seem to think that gamers are content with pressing up all game long.

Breathtaking action sequences though, and the voice acting is some of the best i've heard in a video game. Tracking back to get bits I've missed is a little dull, but the tomb sections are a fun sidetrack.

DAO is amongst my favourite ever games, once you've got a full set of characters and plenty of missions to do its absolutely superb.

Take your time with it and make sure you give every area your full attention, especially early on, or you'll miss out on some characters/interesting things

Finally finished the first Borderlands the other week. Got the dlc from the game of the year edition which I might give a go. Otherwise working slowly through Max Payne and Assassins Creed 3, whilst dipping into Mass Effect 2 every now and then. I know with that when I get a bit further and the story picks up that I won't want to play anything else, so kinda holding off on it a bit.

Also got DOA which I started ages ago but never really got going on!

I was getting a bit sick of Ezio tbh. First game when he was younger he was a better character, he got a bit too serious towards the end. How far through Ac3 did you get? I don't mind Connor, but part of that is cos he has rope darts! Also quite like the updated combat system.

I'm going the same way. Finally getting used to the parry but fuck me, it's so badly explained. Is it just me or does it look like shit too? Movement, level design and camera seems like it belongs in 2007 and that might be a bit harsh.

On 2007

It was just all shit to me, even the cinematic stuff was just crap, awful voice acting.

Its too Japanese.

Just picked up Defiance. Kinda sci-fi MMO-FPS.

Is that the one where they're filming a tv series that goes along side it and how the game's mmo world pans out affects how the tv series' storyline goes?

yeah something like that. and if my game time is anything to go by there will be a shit load of quad bikes that cant drive in a straight line :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Tomb Raider - A great, great game that isn't just an Uncharted rip-off but does a lot of great things; auto cover system, great scale to the maps, fucking incredible looking game, even on the rickety old 360. The only bad points are the death animations that are rough, to say the least and an underwhelming final boss.

Tomb Raider is a wonderful game, although I could've done with more, larger tombs than just simple side puzzles. They were really fun but just tacked on to the main game. Also the Zelda-style shot of her opening a chest and going 'Ooooh' and then not seeing what's bloody in there was really annoying.

Still, I'll play it through and try to hit 100%. The best voice acting I've ever heard in a video game, superb.

I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Awakening

Load of absolute shite. The game is one huge glitchfest. I wanted to save the city, but it kept bugging out with static, invincible enemies so gave up and saved the keep instead. Not to mention the fact that

Alisdair, who sacrificed himself for his true love, Amara the elven grey warden (who may or may not have also had a lesbian affair with Leilana) at the end of DA:O is being talked about in the game as if he's still fucking alive!

The whole game has constantly bugged and bugged and bugged, I've yet to come across the final boss' death repetition bug but I'm sure it'll happen to my save.

DA:O was pretty good and I got a lot of game time out of it so to release this piece of shit after seems like a slap in the face. Not sure whether to bother with the rest of the DLC after I finish it. Then it's DA 2 next. :lol:

Still playing Dead Island: Riptide and very much enjoying it. Very similar to the first in gameplay but hey it's an RPG and your killing zombies, Fun Fun.

• 3 months later...

Game Dev Tycoon: Exactly as it sounds; you start a game company and over the course of 35 years, you develop titles for each console (based on the real history of consoles/handhelds), create franchises, work to publisher demands, lock people in your basement to do QA for 15 hours a day with no food. Sadly, not that last one but it's an charming little title but not too challenging. As your company grows, you can begin to develop your own consoles, license your engine to people and rule the video game industry with an iron fist. Worth a go but I'd think any potential sequel will add a lot more.

Got Saints Row 4 to start tomorrow and I hope the lukewarm reviews are just because people cannot comprehend the beauty of it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing through Skyrim as a nord. Looking for all the easter eggs with this playthrough - favourite so far is the reference to Luke Skywalker hanging upside down in the ice cave.

Will be switching to GTA5 tomorrow. :thumbup:

Still have Mass Effect 3 to play mind, and the lass recently bought me the ultimate edition of Fallout: New Vegas. I need to book time off work and shut myself away for a while...