England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney now saying we can win it, what a BLEND.

nowt wrong with a positive attitude though, if the players don't believe that, what's the point in going ?

nowt wrong with a positive attitude though, if the players don't believe that, what's the point in going ?

Agreed, just keep it out the papers. Surely that lesson has been offered a thousand times?

Agreed, just keep it out the papers. Surely that lesson has been offered a thousand times?

maybe. I'm not advocating mouthing off for the sake of it like a prat, but quiet optimism is a good thing and helps to keep the public on edge and build up momentum, I would say.

If they get that point tomorrow, then the momentum will jump quite rapidly.

I don't necessarily think he won't fit into Rodgers ideas, we will have to see, but if he moves on he will go somewhere else and be a success elsewhere. If I were Rodgers I would keep him, he's far better than players like powder puff Kuyt for instance, who would fit into Rodgers ideas.

Totally different players though as Kuyt now players as a wide forward and has signed for somebody else. Kuyt may not be the most skillful player but every team needs players with that work-rate and energy. We have Jonas who is similar, Man Utd have Park etc.

well, here we go. I don't like making predictions of individual games because

1. I may be a jinx

2. anything can happen in any one game

but I HOPE England get that point in what will be a very difficult match against the home country, playing at home.

well, here we go. I don't like making predictions of individual games because

1. I may be a jinx

2. anything can happen in any one game

but I HOPE England get that point in what will be a very difficult match against the home country, playing at home.

:secret: that wasn't a prediction :secret:

If I was Roy its a no brainer Rooney must play. I find it baffiling that some have said keep him on the bench, no way should Wayne be on the bench he's our star player and he must start. Messi wouldn't be on the bench for Argentina, Ronaldo wouldn't for Portugal and Benzema wouldn't for France so neither should Rooney. So Waynes got to start alongside Welbeck for mine, Danny has got a great partnership with Rooney at United and he has done really well for England in the last 3 games and scoring 2 goals in the process.

Carroll did nothing wrong but I would have him on the bench and he's a good option to come on if England are in need of a goal or if they want to change there style of play. I would go with the Ox on the right but I reckon Roy will probably go with either Milner or Theo after his brilliant cameo the other day, I reckon Theo would be better as an impact sub though like he was used the other day, and he could do some serious damage with tiring defences. I would have Young on the left but he has to improve dramatically for me if he wants to keep his place in the knockout stages if England get there as so far he has to be the biggest dissapointment in the England team.

I will go for a narrow 2-1 England win but we can ill afford to have a 20 minute spell 2night like we did against Sweden last time out as we could well end up out of the tournament.

Totally different players though as Kuyt now players as a wide forward and has signed for somebody else. Kuyt may not be the most skillful player but every team needs players with that work-rate and energy. We have Jonas who is similar, Man Utd have Park etc.

neither of those are forwards? carroll vs kuyt I,d pick carroll everytime if the team played to his strengths.Hope carrolls in starting line up tbh

I don't mind Rooney coming back in is it means 3 man u players out of 4 up front (young, rooney, welbeck and, I suppose, milner)

better, more natural understanding between the players might help keep the ball better and be more dangerous when we are attacking

It is an undistinguished record, taking in Portugal in 2004, Sweden in 1992, Spain in 1982 and Italy in 1980. Each of the last four occasions England have faced the host nation in a major tournament it has ended with elimination from the competition. Even in the 1990 World Cup, when Italy were the opposition in the third‑place play-off, England lost and there was evidence of a team who run into difficulty in these fixtures.