Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

According to the mail this deal has now been agreed.

Toon make breakthrough in full-back chase after agreeing deal for Santon

Newcastle United have agreed a £5million deal for Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon.

Manager Alan Pardew has turned to the 20-year-old Italy international after hitting a snag in negotiations over PSV Eindhoven defender Erik Pieters.

Santon can play either side and has progressed through the ranks at Inter.

Meanwhile, Newcastle are considering signing Czech goalkeeper Petr Bolek on a season loan.

The 27-year-old from Slovakian side FK Senica also has an offer from Leyton Orient but is wanted as cover for Tim Krul and Steve Harper.

Bolek will take part in a few training sessions with Newcastle before the club decide to pursue the move.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last few days of the transfer window... Oh that'll be about time for a whole load of names to be linked to us, none of which will end up signing - won't it?

We've seen it too many times - they need to be signed before I'll believe it's happening...

More of a RB but if we could get him in AND push through a deal for Pieters as well as a striker i will be VERY happy.

I'd get rid of Simpson like. He is shit and by the looks of him this season isnt a happy chappy.

More of a RB but if we could get him in AND push through a deal for Pieters as well as a striker i will be VERY happy.

I'd get rid of Simpson like. He is shit and by the looks of him this season isnt a happy chappy.

I wouldn't blame him for having his mind on his prematurely born daughter's fight for health like.

Why bother, CT?

Firstly, it's the Mail, and secondly you know there's going to be absolutely nothing in it when they don't even credit the reporter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ide-Santon.html

An absolute nothing story till it appears via more reputable sources, waste of bandwidth, please revoke CT's thread-making functionality etc rabble rabble rabble

Edited by Tecato

Call me cynical but i'll believe it when I see it...

Agreed. Though the Mail have a decent track record with NUFC news I believe.

I h/8 Colin Young.

Edited by ewerk

I wouldn't blame him for having his mind on his prematurely born daughter's fight for health like.

I understand that but i'd of thought it would of been better to give him time off. Then again...if we had a LB then he probably would have.

Alright, CT, I'll let you live.

It's in the Ronnie too.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-29320168/

NEWCASTLE United are hoping to make a breakthrough in the transfer window by signing Inter Milan defender Davide Santon.

The 20-year-old has been on Newcastle's radar throughout the summer but talk in Italy on Sunday evening suggested that a £5million deal was close.

United are yet to verify the move but it is believed that the versatile full-back is on Alan Pardew's wanted list with the squad's lack of depth a concern going into the final few days of the transfer window.

I recall a lot of praise being heaped upon him a while back, but after much hype it seemed to be much (Freddy) Adu about nothing.

What's his rating on FIFA? :D

If we don't bring in Pieters it'll be because we weren't willing to spend an extra £1-2m or so. Pathetic.

I'm glad that we have you, bravely diving behind the scenes to tell us what's really going on.

A bargain! He's a great prospect, actually had quite a few first team appereances for Inter at very young age also. I would say he's more skilled than Pieters but right-footed, still well adapted for the left-back role, and also plays everything wide on both sides. I think this player would prove as quite handy, although I would really like more left feet in this team. I'm happy if we get Santon though.

Edited by Aeris