Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

A bargain! He's a great prospect, actually had quite a few first team appereances for Inter at very young age also. I would say he's more skilled than Pieters but right-footed, still well adapted for the left-back role, and also plays everything wide on both sides. I think this player would prove as quite handy, although I would really like more left feet in this team. I'm happy if we get Santon though.

If we are looking for a true left-back in that same price-range I'm not sure we would find anything good enough...maybe Cheick M'Bengue, José Ángel or Gabriel Silva, all exceptional prospects, but I don't know their exact price.

According french TV, we did a 8M€ offer but Toulouse's chairman refused.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bargain! He's a great prospect, actually had quite a few first team appereances for Inter at very young age also. I would say he's more skilled than Pieters but right-footed, still well adapted for the left-back role, and also plays everything wide on both sides. I think this player would prove as quite handy, although I would really like more left feet in this team. I'm happy if we get Santon though.

If we are looking for a true left-back in that same price-range I'm not sure we would find anything good enough...maybe Cheick M'Bengue, José Ángel or Gabriel Silva, all exceptional prospects, but I don't know their exact price.

According french TV, we did a 8M€ offer but Toulouse's chairman refused.

His market value's actually some mill cheaper than Santon...

Can't wait til we re-sign Olivier Bernard on Wednesday.

There's a race between Bernard and Babayaro around St James' Park. The winner gets a fantastic contract to play in the coveted left back role, but only if they beat Graeme Souness.

Guillem_Balague Guillem Balague

Davide Santon fee to #nufc has been agreed. 5m. Feel excited Magpie supporters, you've acquired a potential star in the making.

For those wondering who this guy is...

Guillem Balague

@Guillem_Balague view full profile →

I am a Sky Sports correspondent for La Liga, making regular appearances for Revista de La Liga. I am also the UK correspondent for AS and El Larguero.

Davide Santon fee to #nufc has been agreed. 5m. Feel excited Magpie supporters, you've acquired a potential star in the making.

Guillem Balague

I am a Sky Sports correspondent for La Liga, making regular appearances for Revista de La Liga. I am also the UK correspondent for AS and El Larguero.

Had big wraps for Jonas before he joined us IIRC.

Guillem Balague

Think it was only you wondering who that guy is. I don't even have sky sports and I know the toothy fucker.

His right sidedness would be less of a concern if it was only Simpson we needed to replace, still it's a signing which involves a fee and he's a well regarded defender. Just get it done and get the next signing in tbh.

Guillem Balague

Think it was only you wondering who that guy is. I don't even have sky sports and I know the toothy fucker.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that Guillem Balague account is a fake. His real one doesn't say anything of the sort.

I'm not one of these who pretends to know players when I don't but I've seen Santon for three years, and honestly he is fuckin class. He's just a kid but what a great full back he is. He lost his way a little bit, but he was at one of THE biggest clubs in the world and looked like he belonged there, he's good defensively and going forward.

I have to say yesterday, Danny Simpson was completely and utterly shit. He shouldn't even get a 1 in the paper that's how bad he was, he looked like someone had spiked his drink he was that bad, balls coming in to the box, he'd stand and let people round past him to get in, fuckiin awful. Incredible he seems to think he's on the verge of getting an England cap, simply shite, and I tell you what it is, he was so fuckin wank, and he two weeks ago said "Dzeko is pony", got to the pub and Dzeko scored his 6th in 3 games, what a total little mug.

I'm not one of these who pretends to know players when I don't but I've seen Santon for three years, and honestly he is fuckin class. He's just a kid but what a great full back he is. He lost his way a little bit, but he was at one of THE biggest clubs in the world and looked like he belonged there, he's good defensively and going forward.

I have to say yesterday, Danny Simpson was completely and utterly shit. He shouldn't even get a 1 in the paper that's how bad he was, he looked like someone had spiked his drink he was that bad, balls coming in to the box, he'd stand and let people round past him to get in, fuckiin awful. Incredible he seems to think he's on the verge of getting an England cap, simply shite, and I tell you what it is, he was so fuckin wank, and he two weeks ago said "Dzeko is pony", got to the pub and Dzeko scored his 6th in 3 games, what a total little mug.

Simpson's not going to come on whatever happens. Respectable bit of pace which gives him a semblance of competitiveness but not actually a footballer of any description. Santon's cut his teeth in a very good defensive culture at Inter and if that's what we're importing in his case then it's a definite strengthening.

For anyone who follows Serie A, if this kid is so good why are Inter even considering selling him? I've never seen him play so can't comment but just seems strange. Alessandro Pistone mark 2?!

For anyone who follows Serie A, if this kid is so good why are Inter even considering selling him? I've never seen him play so can't comment but just seems strange. Alessandro Pistone mark 2?!

Stevie's right in saying santons lost his way a bit lately. gets moved from lb to rb a bit depending on who is fit.for inter he's rated differently by different managers as inter have switched a few lately. no doubt he's talented though and a good run in one position lb or rb would see him come on leaps and bounds I reckon