Newcastle United - 7th largest fanbase in England?

The only facts in this thread are that out of everyone who has bought that computer game, the group who say they support Newcastle are the 7th largest out of those who claim to support one of the 92 English clubs. This obviously doesnt count purchasers in England who say they support a foreign team and you can't judge a fanbase on who buys a computer game and who they claim to support on there (see Ant's post for details)

At no point have I said these numbers are even remotely relevant

The numbers are relevant!

They might not be a true indicator of English supporter numbers, but they are a good judge of who the popular clubs are around the world.

It says to me that, globally, Man Utd are ridiculously far ahead of anyone else in the UK.

Sampling means are unbiased estimators of population means if the sampling process is random. Its not random, therefore its a biased estimate.

My mate at work, Lars, top lad, from Malmo in Sweden. Supports City ffs, decided to support them 2 years ago when his son decided to support them. Whats all that about?

As Big Walrus just said though, the numbers are interesting as it is at least a sample of supporters. Whether they are true supporters or just 'attached to the sporting organisation' is not that relevant to the commercial department wanting to increase revenues.

Sampling means are unbiased estimators of population means if the sampling process is random. Its not random, therefore its a biased estimate.

My mate at work, Lars, top lad, from Malmo in Sweden. Supports City ffs, decided to support them 2 years ago when his son decided to support them. Whats all that about?

As Big Walrus just said though, the numbers are interesting as it is at least a sample of supporters. Whether they are true supporters or just 'attached to the sporting organisation' is not that relevant to the commercial department wanting to increase revenues.

theyre skewed by the game though, as ant said, people set their favourite team as the one they prefer to play as quite a lot

What a complete abortion of a thread. Have we the 7th largest fanbase in England?

Of course we haven't, it's better than 7th and considerbloy higher than any club in the Midlands, loike.

What a complete abortion of a thread. Have we the 7th largest fanbase in England?

Of course we haven't, it's better than 7th and considerbloy higher than any club in the Midlands, loike.

Yeah but attendances is different from fanbase.

You get higher attendances than Liverpool but does that mean you have a bigger fanbase than them?

For example in Birmingham there are loads of Liverpool fans but no Newcastle fans.

And you are right, no Midlands club can match Newcastle in support.

One of my friends is a Grimsby Town fan, they're not on the game so his favourite club is down as Chelsea because he likes playing with them of fifa. My favourite team on it is Newcastle, but it was Bilbao for about a month when I enjoyed playing with them as it got me into games. What a shite argument. Besides don't Morecambe get better attendances than Macclesfield, Accrington and a few other teams despite none selling out their ground? Plus, a lot of this stinks of "Ooh I just bought fifa, I don't really support anyone but i'm from Birmingham, Aston Villa it is!"