they had it comin for a long time

manchesterisblue

however odious some ManU supporters may be, they are a great club, Alex Ferguson is a great manager, and did anybody think a club with the likes of Tevez and Ballotelli and the way they have behaved is a cause to rejoice at winning the premiership ?

Great to have other people speaking for you here. Personally, I didn't want either of them to win it.

Edited by LeazesMag

now all we get is city rubbing it down our throats fucking sick of it

:lol: Easy Deaders, he's hardly rubbing it in our face/shoving it down our throats.

:lol: Easy Deaders, he's hardly rubbing it in our face/shoving it down our throats.

just the start. Deaders may have his own way of putting things, but sometimes he is more aware than quite a number of other people. You have to bear in mind though, the Man City fan is presuming the rest of the country is pleased Man City won that league, bordering on a mentality similar to Scotland perhaps in that everyone presumes you have to "support" Rangers or Celtic depending on your religious and/or bigoted persuasion.

Clearly not the case.

One thing for sure is that if WE had won that league, we would have been far more popular winners than any other team who have won the premiership since its beginning, for all the right reasons. While it is nice to see it spread around, that's the only positive I can see myself. The antics of Tevez and Balotelli were sickening for football. I'm not saying Man City will have to get rid of them if they want to be popular or anything, because basically if you are winning you don't give a toss what others think of you and ManU fans, and Liverpool, are living proof of that, but he is wrong to think the whole country is rejoicing. That closet mentality may exist in Manchester but not really anywhere else in such depth.

Edited by LeazesMag

Clubs are bigger than any stars good or bad who happen to be passing through.

I definitely dont begrudge Man City their win. A bit like us they have had success and then years of trials and tribulations.

Of course there will be band wagon jumpers but all clubs have them including ourselves. Our attendances shot up when Keegan arrived.

Im just happy for the genuine fan, be they a new season ticket holder or not, who has always loved their club and has always had to live in the shadow of their extremely arrogant neighbours. A great time for them.

And lets face it, if they had bought us and pumped the money in we wouldnt have cared less.

Clubs are bigger than any stars good or bad who happen to be passing through.

I definitely dont begrudge Man City their win. A bit like us they have had success and then years of trials and tribulations.

Of course there will be band wagon jumpers but all clubs have them including ourselves. Our attendances shot up when Keegan arrived.

Im just happy for the genuine fan, be they a new season ticket holder or not, who has always loved their club and has always had to live in the shadow of their extremely arrogant neighbours. A great time for them.

And lets face it, if they had bought us and pumped the money in we wouldnt have cared less.

yep, that is right. A misconception though, to be fair, is that ManU fans are all gloryseekers. I'm not defending them at all, I've met some who are the biggest arseholes you could hope to meet, but I've met one or two others who are from Manchester and as much into their local team as anybody, without having to be overbearing and arrogant tossers either. A bit patronising maybe, but I suppose that comes with years of success and they don't really realise, it isn't deliberate, it's no different to us looking down on the smoggies perhaps.

I'd imagine it's somewhere on the interwebs. I still haven't seen it.

...would rather not know why you're asking. ;)

no intention of looking I would imagine its infested with viruses now !!!!!

however odious some ManU supporters may be, they are a great club, Alex Ferguson is a great manager, and did anybody think a club with the likes of Tevez and Ballotelli and the way they have behaved is a cause to rejoice at winning the premiership ?

Great to have other people speaking for you here. Personally, I didn't want either of them to win it.

Agreed. Best club in the world by a million miles. Not supported by a government or an oligarch, as loyal a hard core as ours and that's as loyal as it gets, Barcelona are a new thing, all this Catalunyan pride bollocks, they can't match the history of Man Utd, Barcelona were largely nobodies before the 70's. As I've said there's nothing special about Man City winning it, how it ended up was pretty spectacular, but with the Mansour's, Stalybridge Celtic could've won it. The title win is a victory for greed and ego, millions starving in Africa and these cunts spunk a billion quid on formula 1, and a football club who could never maintain this without their support. We're not going to win it next season, so I'd like to see one of two properly run clubs win it Arsenal or Man Utd, who are and always will be the big two clubs in this country.

Agreed. Best club in the world by a million miles. Not supported by a government or an oligarch, as loyal a hard core as ours and that's as loyal as it gets, Barcelona are a new thing, all this Catalunyan pride bollocks, they can't match the history of Man Utd, Barcelona were largely nobodies before the 70's. As I've said there's nothing special about Man City winning it, how it ended up was pretty spectacular, but with the Mansour's, Stalybridge Celtic could've won it. The title win is a victory for greed and ego, millions starving in Africa and these cunts spunk a billion quid on formula 1, and a football club who could never maintain this without their support. We're not going to win it next season, so I'd like to see one of two properly run clubs win it Arsenal or Man Utd, who are and always will be the big two clubs in this country.

100% how I see it, essentially winning the league by having the biggest chequebook. Sad really, not a good day for real football.

100% how I see it, essentially winning the league by having the biggest chequebook. Sad really, not a good day for real football.

Well as has been said on here numerous times, that's essentially how the successful clubs have always done it. Absolutely nothing new tbf.

On the other hand, fantastic to see a monopoly broken.