Kenny's Been Sacked!

NufcBano

I agree with Leazes about Martinez, i think he has the potential to do well at Liverpool. The main problem he will have is the fans and being given enough time to impose his ideas. He isnt a blood and thunder manager, he's a tactician and has a good pedigree at Swansea and is also an educated and intelligent man. However, he's only managed 2 clubs and both have been as an ex-player at both of them, his arse could easily go at a club where he is an outsider and isnt wanted.

My take on the Fenway group is they have decided that you definitely shouldnt listen to the fans, they've seen the fans ridicule Hodgson only for him to go on to WBA and perform an excellent job (as he did at Fulham) and become the manager of the national team. They've seen Dalglish first feted, then demanded by the fans and for him to perform shit in the league and act the cunt in the media. Dare i say it, they've looked at the biggest story in premiership i.e. us and thought the fans there dont know shite either (not saying thats true, just thats the easy outside view, wrong about Ashley, Pardew and obviously and poignantly for them Carroll). They've therefore thought fuck the backlash, sack this knobheed and bring in someone who fits the model. We all know its the right decision, its made all the better as a decision by how difficult it was tot take and the flack it would bring.

Martinez is a punt but if he gets off to a good start, one that can work.

Aye, I think they can easily turn around now and say

"Well, you wanted King Kenny, we gave him a fair crack at the whip, but he didnt get in the top 4 which is what we want"

"We gave him £100+m and we didnt look like even cementing our place in the top 4 therefore he has to go"

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Leazes about Martinez, i think he has the potential to do well at Liverpool. The main problem he will have is the fans and being given enough time to impose his ideas. He isnt a blood and thunder manager, he's a tactician and has a good pedigree at Swansea and is also an educated and intelligent man. However, he's only managed 2 clubs and both have been as an ex-player at both of them, his arse could easily go at a club where he is an outsider and isnt wanted.

My take on the Fenway group is they have decided that you definitely shouldnt listen to the fans, they've seen the fans ridicule Hodgson only for him to go on to WBA and perform an excellent job (as he did at Fulham) and become the manager of the national team. They've seen Dalglish first feted, then demanded by the fans and for him to perform shit in the league and act the cunt in the media. Dare i say it, they've looked at the biggest story in premiership i.e. us and thought the fans there dont know shite either (not saying thats true, just thats the easy outside view, wrong about Ashley, Pardew and obviously and poignantly for them Carroll). They've therefore thought fuck the backlash, sack this knobheed and bring in someone who fits the model. We all know its the right decision, its made all the better as a decision by how difficult it was tot take and the flack it would bring.

Martinez is a punt but if he gets off to a good start, one that can work.

Good post.

Personally don't think M is tough enough mentally. Always looks like he's sweating.

Genuine quote from a scouse fan:

Wigan finished 9 points behind us this season so how can they consider Martinez a step forward?

:crylaughin:

That's exactly why Martinez would fail there for me. Those ridiculous scouse cunts all expect them to bring in Guardiola or Mourinho because they think they are up there with Barca and Madrid and cant contemplate their true position in world football.

Their expectations would make it almost impossible for Martinez to build a team without big money spent straight away.

I think it would be a poor move for him as it would almost certainly set him back (possibly destroy his career).

Whoever goes in has the added pressure of what to do with Gerrard. Personally, I think he's gone backwards massively and withe the money they have Liverpool could invest in someone in the middle who is much, much better...but that's a very brave decision to make and the backlash could be unbelievable.

I think that will make it tougher for them to halt their decline; Carragher and Gerrard are pretty shite now, and Gerrard in particular keeps picking up 'groin infections' and is likely to miss a lot of games through injury. They both need to be shipped out if Liverpool are to progress, and they appear to have far too much influence around the club which doesn't help.

Im not so sure Gerrard needs shipping out but they do need to realise they can't build their team around a player who's so often injured and no longer capable of putting in the consistent performances they need from him.

The rest of their midfield (Speering/Shelvy/the makem/Adam) are all pretty average to say the lease too. So much so that Lucas is now probably their best player there!

Our lass reckons he's (Gerrard) not seemed arsed for the last couple of seasons. Also reckons he's clearly had media training given his style of post-match interviews over the same period.

Playing for role on TV in the non-too-distant future maybe?

Genuine quote from a scouse fan:

:crylaughin:

Tbf he's got a point. Wigan have looked like relegation candidates most of the season. Just because they went on a nice run towards the end doesn't mean Martinez is the man to resurrect Liverpool's fortunes.

Tbf he's got a point. Wigan have looked like relegation candidates most of the season. Just because they went on a nice run towards the end doesn't mean Martinez is the man to resurrect Liverpool's fortunes.

Point that raised more of a smile from me was they highlighted the fact they finished only 9 points ahead of Wigan.

Flapping .

"Liverpool took to Twitter on Friday to ask fans who they wanted as their new manager - then later claimed their tweet had been misunderstood."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/18/liverpool-tweets-new-manager

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-ask-fans-on-Twitter-who-should-be-next-LFC-manager-201205180028/

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Here's a question for you all to ponder. If Pardew was sacked tomorrow and you had to appoint either Dalglish or Joe Fucking Kinnear, who would you pick and why?

I'd fold the business, because giving it back to either of those two Cath-words would have the same effect.