Kenny's Been Sacked!

NufcBano

You don't hire a manager on what he did 3 years ago. This season Rogers has been the best British manager out of the two by a country mile

You don't hire a manager on what he did 3 years ago. This season Rogers has been the best British manager out of the two by a country mile

Rodgers succeeded by ball retention and awful defensive tactics away. Swansea were a disgrace here when we drew 0-0.

Wigan HAD to beat Liverpool and Arsenal away and Newcastle and Man Utd at home, and they did. Prior to that the squad was decimated with injuries, and not only that they dd it with style especially against us.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that it will be easy to get Liv to play the Rodgers way. Expectations are of such a delusional level, there really is no time for transition and building of a new playing identity. Takes time. I reckons he has about 6 months in which he has to stay in the top6 to buy time.

Rodgers likes a nice passing game, easy on the eye but he never had a plan B when Teams sat back and counter attacked like we did. Can you see Carroll fitting into a Rodgers team or Rodgers playing to Carroll's strengths?

I reckon Andy will be out on his arse sooner rather than later and I doubt if Rodgers will see the end of the season at Anfield.

Rodgers likes a nice passing game, easy on the eye but he never had a plan B when Teams sat back and counter attacked like we did. Can you see Carroll fitting into a Rodgers team or Rodgers playing to Carroll's strengths?

I reckon Andy will be out on his arse sooner rather than later and I doubt if Rodgers will see the end of the season at Anfield.

I can see Carroll going out on loan in the Jan window, probably to Stoke.

Bit of a fallacy that Carrol cant play on the floor btw

A rare sensibly correct post.

"We might not be ready for the title now but the process begins today."

I now officially hate Brendan Rodgers.

tbf its better than what KD or any fan would say "we are ready for the title now"

but then I never liked Rodgers either

carroll-skill-a.gif

Difference between saying he can't do it and saying it's not catering to his strengths though.

...then again, playing Downing doesn't cater to his strengths either.

"That [a director of football] was something I made clear I couldn't work with," added Rodgers. "What you need is an outstanding team. We will form a technical board that will have four or five people that will decide the way forward."

It amounts to the same thing though...he's going to have input into who comes in and who is sold, but possibly not the final word. Same as here. It's called "the wisdom of crowds"......according to that book Leazes keeps banging on about it is anyway....and its very common in clubs across Europe.

Passing it about can work if you've got a bit of tooth up front and more importantly someone who can unlock the defense/create a chance. Don't really think Liverpool have the latter and Suarez is good at everything apart from scoring.

It would be virtually impossible to be worse than they were under Dalglish as they seemingly had no structure whatsoever.

Rodgers will have multiple hands up his arse the whole time regardless of the assurances that he was given to get him across the line. He's an easy signing to make because he looks promising, is young and could easily be disposed of if things don't go well. The Liverpool supporters won't be realistic in their aspirations so having a good start will be key. He won't really know how to spend significant money so they're not likely to give him much meaningful say in the transfer of players.

Passing it about can work if you've got a bit of tooth up front and more importantly someone who can unlock the defense/create a chance. Don't really think Liverpool have the latter and Suarez is good at everything apart from scoring.

It would be virtually impossible to be worse than they were under Dalglish as they seemingly had no structure whatsoever.

Rodgers will have multiple hands up his arse the whole time regardless of the assurances that he was given to get him across the line. He's an easy signing to make because he looks promising, is young and could easily be disposed of if things don't go well. The Liverpool supporters won't be realistic in their aspirations so having a good start will be key. He won't really know how to spend significant money so they're not likely to give him much meaningful say in the transfer of players.

I think Suarez is the latter, hes not the scorer but he can create very well in behind a striker, can beat people and pass well

I think Suarez is the latter, hes not the scorer but he can create very well in behind a striker, can beat people and pass well

And of course he's quite good at biting people and being a daft racist.

And of course he's quite good at biting people and being a daft racist.

aye but that doesn't stop him being able to unlock a defence

It amounts to the same thing though...he's going to have input into who comes in and who is sold, but possibly not the final word. Same as here. It's called "the wisdom of crowds"...... according to that book Leazes keeps banging on about it is anyway....and its very common in clubs across Europe.

have you read it too ?

Yeah, its a good read. Think Ashley may have read the chapter on the rise of Lyon.

possibly. That is a good paragraph, and their methods worked well for them to be fair.

Rodgers is totally buying into the Liverpool 'biggest club in da world' delusion it seems. Those arrogant bastards don't deserve it, if it is indeed genuine and not just patter anyway.

Prediction: Promising start but will finish 8th after a second half backslide as opponents find it pretty easy to defend against a team of Hendersons passing it sideways, with the inevitable stream of late winners against them being put down ot the same bad luck that Kenny's shit and disorganised tactics, motivation and communication skills were all blamed on by his disciples this year.

Rodgers will be gone by this time next year, put your house on it. FSG have already back tracked on their footballing model they said they would implement when they shot bambi, they've clearly got no guts or self-belief whatsoever.

I'm not sure what you expect him to say. Imagine if a newly appointed NUFC manager began his first presser with "Well we're a bit of a provincial northern club without a lot except a strong fanbase and a foundation to build on." Wouldn't go too well. Same if Rodgers began his first public statement with "We've been shite for 3 years and we've not got a chance at challenging for the title until we sort out some of the underlying problems here." Of course he's trotting out the same old BS. He knows he's got to arselick the Kop or what happened to Hodgson will happen to him.

I'm not sure what you expect him to say. Imagine if a newly appointed NUFC manager began his first presser with "Well we're a bit of a provincial northern club without a lot except a strong fanbase and a foundation to build on." Wouldn't go too well. Same if Rodgers began his first public statement with "We've been shite for 3 years and we've not got a chance at challenging for the title until we sort out some of the underlying problems here." Of course he's trotting out the same old BS. He knows he's got to arselick the Kop or what happened to Hodgson will happen to him.

If he had the sense he was born with he should have avoided any mention of the title at all. For precisely the same reason iirc that Pardew never mentioned the top four in his opening press conference here. Instead, Rogers basically arselicked the bin dippers by giving them the false hope that they'll be challenging for it at the end of his 3 year contract, just because they're lolerpool, the world's greatest club, which is patently absurd all things considered. The scouse fans are only just coming round to the idea that they're not an automatic top four team any more, that's how delusional they've got - I've been reading RAWK for a while, and to a man, they're off their fucking heads.