Banks

JawD

Fucking hell.

Conversation I have just had at home. Now, bear in mind I hate getting any kind of call at home as I always take is as a sales pitch and go on the defensive.

Him - "Hi, this is Santander, can we just take you through security"

me - "aye, suppose so"

him - "whats the first line of your address"

me - "well you know what it is why are you asking?"

him - "its a security question"

me - "so if you are not from Santander, Ive just given you the answer to a commonly asked security question"

Him - "......."

me - "hello?"

him - "we need to take you through security before we can discuss anything"

me - "but how do I know you are from Santander?"

him - "well, I can give you a number to call us on"

me - "but I dont have anything to ring you about"

him - "....."

me - "are you trying to sell me something?"

him *hangs up"

Twat!

Wouldnt care, I do have a couple of things with them. But, its true though. Why ring my at 8pm and how do I know they are who they say? They should have a code word or something that they will say.

" Hello this is Santander.

Broadsword calling Danny Boy. Badger Badger Mushroom"

Something along those lines ?

Were you fucking listening? :icon_lol:

Mr Burk we are needing your details to give you important announcements about Santander and your monies.

Please post your date of birthdays, password and account numberings in here please thank you please

Mr Burk we are needing your details to give you important announcements about Santander and your monies.

Please post your date of birthdays, password and account numberings in here please thank you please

Hahaha, what a banker

We get the old "we've detected a problem with your windows pc" one fairly often, my dads got playing the helpless old man leading them on act down pat.

HSBC used to phone quite a bit angling for loan/mortgage business . Highly irritated I looked into it and I'm sure that once you request for them not to contact you with any sales shooshy they're breaking the laws of the land if they subsequently do .

Yours ,

Benn Down & Phil Mcavity Ltd .

I complained to Natwest after a similar call, but they refused to call themselves anything except 'your bank'. When I said what bank they just wouldn't answer.

Alarm bells rang so I told them to piss off and rang their fraud line only to find out that is how they introduce themselves on the

phone! I got a letter saying my complaint was unfounded....!