Tottenham Hotspur.....

Asprilla

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably shouldn't be so negative, but wonder what the wording on their contracts is in regards to their League position, hopefully bonuses are straight out based on finishing in the top four and not contingent upon actual qualification to the Champions Legaue...

Not sure myself. We overreached to hit 5th this season. Doing it again while also playing mid week will be a huge achievement. Getting back in the EL next season again will be a massive achievement and do me.

Aye anyone thinking we're going into next season gunning for 3rd is gonna be disappointed IMO, even without Europe to worry about. We're about as likely to get it as we were at the start of this season. Top 7 or 8 for me.

For every Danny B, there's a Tottenham Dave, one of the politest and most decent 'other' we've had on here.

This was the season that just kept on giving for us, even the slight disappointment of only taking 3 from our last 12 points was countered by last night :lol:

Anyone who reckons next season will be better than this one has impressive confidence.

I'd be gutted if I were them. They're right, to go the entrie season and "win" 4th spot and the Champions League place it normally provides, then to have that snatched away from you, by your local rivals, when you fully expected them to be beaten.

alan-pardew-716286479.jpg

but I'm not them, so I'm fucking loving it :lol:

Stoke-v-Newcastle-Alan-Pardew_2672787.jpg

What a fucking wonderful season.

AlanPardew_1238341a.jpg

Yup, that bored

I'd happily take top 7 season again. Even top 10 with a good cup run thrown in. To reiterate what other posters have said, yup, if i was a spuds fan I would be absolutely devastated.

Bale and Modric to GTFO quicker than Terry stripped down to his kit last night.

Edited by ADP

What's Redknapp's patter been like? I'm watching on ITV.

"This aint faakin fayah! We've been fird faakin top since Octowbah, then dwopped dahn to forf cus uv injrees. What abaht Evertun, what abaht faakin Evertun when thyy kyyme forf, when Wafa wan it fow Livupuww, and naah Daniuwws blymin faakin me. Fakkin fourw be two caant".

Something along those lines. In real terms it has been a totally disasterous 2 months for Tottenham. Their form only needed to stay reasonably decent to stay third, they won 1 in 9, then England completely ignore him for a manager with a far inferior current pedigree, then they come 4th, and Chelsea pull of a major shock to dump them in to the Europa League. If he wasn't such a mug and they weren't such utter cunts i'd feel really sorry for them. Bale and Modric won't waste another year of their careers there imo, their over-achievement can't last.

So that's Bale, Modric and Adebayor most likely to be off. Tottingham could be a totally different team next year. And they're unlikely to spend massive in the summer due to the financial loss of the CL

"This aint faakin fayah! We've been fird faakin top since Octowbah, then dwopped dahn to forf cus uv injrees. What abaht Evertun, what abaht faakin Evertun when thyy kyyme forf, when Wafa wan it fow Livupuww, and naah Daniuwws blymin faakin me. Fakkin fourw be two caant".

:lol:

Two seasons in a row now without Champions League football. It's going to be hard to convince the likes of Bale to stay. There is a lot of talk Barcelona are after him and when you look at their left side it would make sense. Modric, Adebeyor and Van der vart I think will leave too.

W

I could read that thread all day long. :lol:

How narrow-minded are some of them mind you?

So let me get this straight. The winner of the Champions League is a Premier League team, yet it's the Premier League that loses a spot into next year's CL?

We have nobody to blame but UEFA. It's a dumb fooking rule that makes no sense on any level.

So you're telling me that if Spurs had finished 3rd and Arsenal 4th they'd still feel agrieved that an English club had missed out because another had won the trophy? They'd never had shut up about it if Chelsea had knocked Arsenal into the EL.

Massive, massive sour grapes - we all knew the rules long before this season ended.

I think Spurs will be in and around the same area next year & I don't really think they are too dependant on Champions League money. They can hold onto their players most of the time & earn a fucking fortune from sponsorships & commercial revenue.

Regarding losing their place they can't have any complaints - it's been the rules since Liverpool didn't qualifiy after winning it.

Two seasons in a row now without Champions League football. It's going to be hard to convince the likes of Bale to stay. There is a lot of talk Barcelona are after him and when you look at their left side it would make sense. Modric, Adebeyor and Van der vart I think will leave too.

Wouldnt he be better with side that was more counter attacking?....hes a cracking player, no doubt, but small intricate passing triangles aren't his game. Unless he's going to replace Abidal perhaps?...he's ill again isn't he?..

Wouldnt he be better with side that was more counter attacking?....hes a cracking player, no doubt, but small intricate passing triangles aren't his game. Unless he's going to replace Abidal perhaps?...he's ill again isn't he?..

That's what being said, They would have him as a left-back. Barcelona don't really place defensive so he would still be attacking. Not sure how credible this is or just continued rumours?? Spouted on Talksport a lot lately.