Europa league next season

Anorthernsoul

Amongst the bigger teams because they can't be arsed - see Tottenham last year. The fact Boro and Fulham both deservedly reached the final recently shows it's worth putting your heart and soul in to it.

Aye but Boro and Fulham both had shit league campaigns in the seasons that they got to the final. Spurs prioritised a top four finish over winning it and it worked for them. Personally I'd take the UEFA Cup over a top four finish next year.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The league cup is a day out at Wembley & I suppose these days - looking at recent winners & finals - major silverware.

I've slagged it off before - but I think that's because Spurs won it. Bitter...

I would as well. I'd take winning anything over finishing top 4, even the League Cup to get the monkey off our back.

same. When is the draw by the way?

I would like to Play a Scottish team so that's Motherwell and Celtic possibly. Motherwell will get beaten in their first qualifier so probably miss them and Celtic's fate in the CL will be similar to a pretty boy in prison and they won't finish high enough to drop into the eruopa league.

Pure pony. The same Napoli who lost 4-1 to a team we went and did 0-2 on their own ground. I wouldn't swap Cisse for any of their strikers. Bilbao a side who came 11th in Spain. Our midfield is better than Atletico Madrid's, Turan hasn't come on like he should have, Tiago was shite at Chelsea and despite playing for some big clubs has had an uninspiring career and he's slow now, Diego hasn't kicked on like many thought he would do and become one of the best. They're a canny side, but in midfield and up front, despite ridiculous transfer fees, they're nee better than us. Straight up I wouldn't swap Cisse for Falcao, although people will be blinded by his two goals in the UEFA Final which imo were shambolic defending.

Cisse is fucking class but he's not as good as Falcao or Cavani man.

I'm confident we'll get into the Europa League proper, but I'm not so confident about getting through the stages