Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Hoy man twats! (see, no banning for swearing in this forum either!)

I fucking hope not too, you cunting shit prick spaz.

Aw jeez

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7984589/Debuchy-eyes-still-on-exit

Lille's French international full-back Mathieu Debuchy maintains that he wants to leave the club.

Newcastle United have been leading the chase for the 26-year-old, and have had bids rejected, as have Italian outfit Inter Milan.

Newcastle remain keen, but Lille are standing firm over their valuation of Debuchy and chairman Michel Seydoux insisted he would be staying.

Debuchy played in Lille's opening game of the season, a 2-1 win at St Etienne, and admitted he still wanted to leave.

"I don't want to talk about my future," he told Canal+.

"I heard what the chairman said. The transfer window is open until September 4 (in France). I still want to go. We will see."

Ashley won't pay 7million for a 27 year old. This is how we do it folks. Those keen on this lad coming here, and the player himself, will have to suck that up.

Nah, think your wrong here. Its more the fact they havent been able to shift Simpson yet.

Ashley won't pay 7million for a 27 year old. This is how we do it folks. Those keen on this lad coming here, and the player himself, will have to suck that up.

How much did we pay for Cisse again?

Hang on - as far as we know, we're the only club to have made a bid for Debuchy. Inter might have been sniffing, but they haven't put a bid in.

So Lille are moving the goalposts. We have already upped our bid once. If no other clubs think he's worth what Lille are asking, why should we pay over the odds?

I agree with that. Granted its difficult to know what's true from what you read, but even the player came out and said Lille kept changing their mind on what they wanted.

We can't simply keep upping our bid if the selling club says €6M one day and €9M the next (or whatever the figures are)

I agree with that. Granted its difficult to know what's true from what you read, but even the player came out and said Lille kept changing their mind on what they wanted.

We can't simply keep upping our bid if the selling club says €6M one day and €9M the next (or whatever the figures are)

Spot on.

Same thing happened with Twente and De Jong although the player himself prefered Dortmund.

Clubs know we have money to spend and will hike the price up as they see fit to drive more out of the deal. Clubs also look at how we have done cheaper/smarter deals for the likes of Tiote and Cabaye where we have got them cheap and their value has rocketed. Thats got to piss off both Twente and Lille.

I do however get frustrated with it all. If Lille want 1mil more then in the grand scheme of things that is nothing and we should pay it for the greater good. The team. If however they are wanting say 3mil more then we walk away because paying what they demand to that fee would set a precedant to other clubs that we can be bullied around.

We have done so well being hard nosed negotiators with both incoming and outgoing deals, doing what is right for the club.

Im happy to be patient but come Sept 1st and we havents brought in 2 or 3 quality additions then i think MA, DL and LC have dropped a rick.