Mathieu Debuchy

I really don't know why we keep bothering to buy Europe's emerging gems when all we manage to do is turn them into

Europe's polished turds.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... who has said or even implied that?

I thought you were. 3 players already in, perhaps 3 or 4 more come September. Even if that happens its the bare minimum.

As a bare minimum we now need a right back and 2 strikers to slot straight in the starting XI.

Bigi/Abeid seem to be our first choice reserves in midfield which is worrying. As is our back up right back being our starting left back.

We are 2-3 injuries away from being fucked as a squad

We are just fans looking from the outside in. We don't actually know what's going on behind the scenes. Yeah we hear rumours and paper talk about our players all the time, as in who wants out or who's hankering for a move, yet we rarely see it happen, except the odd player that we know for certain is like that. Cabaye is a classic example.

We knew Remy wasn't going to stay on as he made that fairly clear.

The way I see it is, many players have nailed their colours to the mast. Colo is staying and will be fully focused and back to his best, organising the back line. People can call Williamson but he's still got a strong part to play as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, we don't know the situation with Ben Arfa and Debuchy. Sissoko is mentioned as supposedly wanting a move. We had all this before with people saying that Krul ws on the move and Tiote would go here or there.

The point is, we aren't just going to lose most of the team based on rumours.

Stranger things have happened and it's not beyond the realms of posibility that we could see a resurgent Ben Arfa and a stronger group of the French contingent we have pushing us forward. A new season is a new chapter, look at it that way, in a positive manner, it's good for the digestion.

I don't want the club spending 25 million on players like Lallana with high wages, because like it or not, we aren't in any position to sustain that. Liverpool are at the minute due to the season they had and getting champions league football. Will they be as strong as last season, this season? I doubt it if they lose Suarez.

Man Utd need a full rebuild and it's gonna cost them. Ok they have Van Gaal and money to spend. If they don't get it right this season and gain champions league, they are going to struggle, Van Gaal or not.

We obviously aren't in a position to push at that level and sustain it, yet. We've went from a go out and buy any player that will come club, under Shepherd, to a club that is ultra cautious. Short term it's a bad thing, because fans want to see results and progress.

Long term, I think it will pay dividends, because the chasing clubs - the ones that have put all their apples into one basket, will struggle to keep that up. It's almost like the chasing clubs are doing what Shepherd tried to do, which was buy at any cost - just pay what they ask and let's see where it goes.

A few more signings, maybe 3 or 4, that are and have been targets, will ensure we have a better season than last. I reckon some enjoyable football and a top 8 or maybe better finish will push us on in a more solid way.

Last season was a write off because everything seemed to go against us. Pardew's touchline incident, plus Player problems and spats, then a knock on effect of Cabaye's enforced departure.

Massive lessons are being learned here and I believe many will be rectified. Let's call it our storm before the calm and look forward to a new season and some better football to give us all a good smile.

Sorry folks, I'm just not a negative Newcastle fan and I'll always pull out positives and potentials out of what appears to be, on the face of it, doom.

Let's call it our storm before the calm and look forward to a new season and some better football to give us all a good smile.

Rainbows. Unicorns! Pretty ponies! Positivity! Oooooooooooooh pink ribbons! Rainbow!

When you come and say the target from now on is bottom 4 (which it is if u read between the lines) that is the end of newcastle united.

Couldn't give a toss who comes, who goes. The whole thing is just pointless. May as well wind the club up and shut the gates.

Thank you

Think I'd rather just wait for Ashley to sell up to be honest :lol:

Sadly, I think we'll be waiting a long time. We're a fantastic accelerant for his core interest, and we turn a pretty coin to boot.

That's fine lads. You go with whatever you think. I'm going to continue to be positive. I can see all the mistakes and have seen them throughout my time as a fan of over 40 years. Weve had more downs than up over that time and way worse teams with managers making way more errors than Pardew.

All fans want their team to be the best. All fans want their teams to play good football in the process. We are among 15 teams chasing the pack of 5 front runners. Catching those teams is no easy feat. A Man City type splurge can greatly help in the short term. Can it be sustained long term without continued bankrolling and paying wages asked for by the players that are capable of keeping up that push? In London, maybe. In the north east it's much harder.

I'd rather we do it this way, even though we lose a player here and there, than do it by splashing out a fortune on a player who then decides he's just here for the money and now wants out, probably sold on for a lot less than was paid.

Lot's of ways to look at things, I agree. If you're a genuine fan, then believe things will get better. It's not like Ashley is replacing quality with crap and the club can't help losing players that clearly use us as a stepping stone.

When you come and say the target from now on is bottom 4 (which it is if u read between the lines) that is the end of newcastle united.

Couldn't give a toss who comes, who goes. The whole thing is just pointless. May as well wind the club up and shut the gates.

Thank you

Well then, why don't all the 15 clubs just wind it up and shut the gates? You're talking as if we have been relegated. Fans are fickle. Not just us. All fans.

When have Newcastle set a target of bottom 4? People just read into doom and go with it. the problem is, it's like a virus and spreads.

Why do you think Newcastle united have a divine right to play among the big hitter? Is it because Ashley's a billionaire or simply that we are Newcastle, so there?

A target of top 10 was on the cards at the start of the season. We started off like a train and fell apart for reasons I stated earlier, yet finished 10th. Yes we know IF this and IF that had happened, we COULD have done THIS and THAT.

If we finish better than 10th this season, then we are making progress and building a stronger side as we go on, plus gaining the emergence of the youngsters who "some" will come to the fore.

People are writing Dummet off as not being good enough despite him being thrown in the deep end. He will be stronger again this season, whether he plays regular of shores up the backline due to suspensions or injury.

We still have some top players at this club that haven't performed anywhere near the standard we know they can. This can easily change with the influx of new players and a new season with a positive outlook, plus a more tight knit dressing room, which Colo being back to full focus can help provide.

With a bit of luck and a return to form, plus the new signings and more to come, I can see us having a good season. I really can.

That would just about make the Debuchy deal worth it. Of course player exchanges almost never happen.

Janmaat in to replace Debuchy, with Campbell joining as part of the deal, please. After that I'll recline in my Coca-Cola jacuzzi while getting noshed off by Adriana Lima and Kate Upton, taking turns.

I'd love them to get Campbell tied in as part of the deal. A striker and a bit of cash to re-invest in the RB position would be a brilliant return on a lad who clearly wants to move on to CL footy.

That would just about make the Debuchy deal worth it. Of course player exchanges almost never happen.

Janmaat in to replace Debuchy, with Campbell joining as part of the deal, please. After that I'll recline in my Coca-Cola jacuzzi while getting noshed off by Adriana Lima and Kate Upton, taking turns.

... :huh: