Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised he is 27, must be why there haggling so hard with the price. No real sell on value.

Yup and 26 is our usual limit (which makes me feel old at 25!) age-wise. Clearly the club are willing to look past that as this guy is that good. He'd a permanent ifxture in the side for the next few seasons. Whilst Cabaye and Ben Arfa are still here I imagine Pardew et all want to maixmise the three of them who know each other already from Lille, Ligue 1 and the French national team. Thinking about it we could have three first choice France players in our first 11 next season, assuming Sagna doesn't automatically take the RB spot when he's fit.

So I can see why we're offering £10m for him and that's perhaps partly why Lille aren't demanding crazy money.

With all that said, he only turned 27 days ago.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

According to media sources he is pleading to Lille to accept the offer. I can see why Lille are doing this though, we did get Cabaye for £4 million but they also put the release clause in.

According to media sources he is pleading to Lille to accept the offer. I can see why Lille are doing this though, we did get Cabaye for £4 million but they also put the release clause in.

Oh fuck off with the phantom release clauses. :lol:

Bid rejected.

TIme to move on tbh, personally really tired of this saga now. If we're not going to make an acceptable offer then it's time to look elsewhere. Lille are being stubborn which they're completely entitled to be.

It's dragged on for months this, utterly tedious.

Bid rejected.

TIme to move on tbh, personally really tired of this saga now. If we're not going to make an acceptable offer then it's time to look elsewhere. Lille are being stubborn which they're completely entitled to be.

is it confirmed it has been rejected?

I'm proper sick of this crack like.

Bid rejected.

Source tut tut, you of all people :lol:

Very little resale value in a 27 year old and with players like Cissokho (24) available, I dont think Ashley will lose any sleep over it. This might seems craxzy, but Cisse's club wanted 15m last summer.

It's a shame, but clubs will soon learn Newcastle have alternative targets...

They won't get more than £7m for him given he's so desperate to leave so not sure what they're playing at.

What's the craic with being linked with Van der Wiel? I thought he was meant to be hand-picking from the elite clubs...

Mathieu Debuchy is waiting to hold talks with Lille chairman Michel Seydoux after Newcastle United's latest offer for the full-back was rejected.

Sky Sports confirmed on Thursday that the Magpies had made an improved bid, but Seydoux responded by saying the offer did not meet his valuation and that Debuchy would be staying at Lille.

Debuchy is unhappy that the offer has been rejected and wants to speak to Seydoux to reiterate his desire to be allowed to move to the Premier League.

"Actually the coach told me the news on Thursday afternoon," Debuchy told L'Equipe. "I met him in his office and he told me the chairman stopped the negotiations and he doesn't want me to leave anymore.

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman."

"So I called the chairman and left a message. I am waiting for him to call back to make the situation clearer because I can't understand.

"The coach told me yesterday that he didn't want to block me anymore, that he saw my desire to discover something new.

"Michel Seydoux states the last Newcastle offer does not meet his valuation. Again, I can't understand.

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman.

"I have the feeling everyone doesn't have the same words. I just want things to be clear.

"I have been at Lille for 20 years, a club I really love, for which I always gave my very best. I have never made a lot of noise and I don't want to start now.

"I have the opportunity to play in the best league in the world, playing regularly against the best opponents and I really want that.

"Today, I am still resolved to trying something new, to have another experience, and I would like to have a talk with the chairman for things to be clear between us."

Lille's recent signing of Djibril Sidibe had increased Debuchy's hopes of heading to St James' Park, but the club may also try to bring in a more experienced full-back, with Jose Bosingwa reported to be one option.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Regarding Van der Wiel, I have only watched him in the world cup and the euros and he was dreadful in a shit Holland defense. Not that it means much, plenty of defenders are awful in their national teams. I can still see us putting in fake bids for a lot of players until Debuchy has kicked up enough of a fuss though, he clearly wants to leave.