Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'd say about Simpson, if he's happy to be 2nd choice he's a decent fallback.

No chance he'll be happy with that, especially with his contract expiring. He thinks that he is far better than he is when we all know he's a lower level Premier League full-back at best.

What sums him up for me is when on Saturday he had a go at Tiote for playing him an inch perfect pass.

No chance he'll be happy with that, especially with his contract expiring. He thinks that he is far better than he is when we all know he's a lower level Premier League full-back at best.

What sums him up for me is when on Saturday he had a go at Tiote for playing him an inch perfect pass.

I can see him going to a Stoke or Fulham and disappearing into obscurity.

Not sure what Simpson is on but I'm sure it's not much comparatively speaking. Unlike Ba, he's probably someone that needs to put earnings ahead of football because he's not going to earn the big bucks of top strikers...or reasonable defenders.

If we've offered £25k a week it's about his worth in reality, but (and i know it sounds fucking daft), it's only a million a year. After tax it's £600k...and the lad isn't going to be in demand as a pundit or owt after he retires. He's 25 and no-one can see him getting much better in the next 5 to 8 years. From his perspective he needs to secure his comfortbale lifestyle for the 50 years after he stops playing. If Stoke or Fulham could get him for free and double what we're willing to pay him, that's huge for a below average premier league defender like him. Especially with the CSA on his arse.

It'll be obscurity, but a more comfortable obscurity.

I can see him going to a Stoke or Fulham and disappearing into obscurity.

I really can't see him going to Fulham at all, especially after the space Jol allowed him to have when we played them. Jol knows a good footballer when he sees one and Simpson won't fit into that.

Not sure what Simpson is on but I'm sure it's not much comparatively speaking. Unlike Ba, he's probably someone that needs to put earnings ahead of football because he's not going to earn the big bucks of top strikers...or reasonable defenders.

According to his ex he's on roughly £20k pw but hasn't stashed much of it for a rainy day.

I really can't see him going to Fulham at all, especially after the space Jol allowed him to have when we played them. Jol knows a good footballer when he sees one and Simpson won't fit into that.

Just meant a midtable club with little ambition beyond stability, normally I'd have said Villa.

@HappyFace, you're right of course, but I'd say you're crediting him with a greater amount of forethought than he possesses. He's an average Premier League right back, who's not that bright and not that charismatic. If I were him I'd snap up a long term deal on £25k a week and work hard at building a property portfolio. He'll try and get as much as he can as soon as he can and soon find himself on the heap.

That's what annoys me about Santon sometimes - he's happy to get forward but how many times do you see him casually walking back?

That's the modern game - all about managing lactic acid. If he busts a gut to get back, he then needs another minute to recover. All top level players are specifically instructed to do exactly the same. The idea is that a midfielder will cover.

Sunday, Monday....

Habib Beye.

For the record I don't think Beye wanted to leave. Always seemed a sound, hard working character to me. Great player for us in his short spell & probably one of the best right backs I can remember us having.

Can you believe Simpson has played over 100 games for us by the way?

That's the modern game - all about managing lactic acid. If he busts a gut to get back, he then needs another minute to recover. All top level players are specifically instructed to do exactly the same. The idea is that a midfielder will cover.

Yep & we've missed the one that normally does - massively.