Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get your point but It would still sting for some reason. You just dont get used to being ripped off. At least know we know what the likes of Montpellier feel like when we come in with bids.

Can't see Ashley selling him so cheap, there must be something else in it for him to do that. Much as I hate Ashley, he's no mug when it comes to selling and dealing.

Might have something like a cheap release clause for a Champions League club. :up:

I hope so, puzzles me how we can push for £25M for Andy Carroll and yet some players we let go with a whimper.

I hope so, puzzles me how we can push for £25M for Andy Carroll and yet some players we let go with a whimper.

Who did you have in mind that we've let go on a whimper? Cabaye went on strike, Ba had a release clause and the rest have been fringe players.

Cabaye - 18m

Perch - 700k

Ba - 7.5m

Forester - 2m

Best - 3m

Nolan - 3.5m

Carroll - 35m

We dont keep player who want to leave, which I guess is how we get people to sign up to 6 year contracts.

Debuchy will leave, but he wont be missed. Santon can play right back and haidara left.

I think that particular transfer had more to do with Liverpool being stupid than us being clever :D

The proof in the pudding will be in the eating. How many times was Tiote off and otehr players by speculation?

If Debuchy wants out, it's a shame but I don't want players who are unhappy. I want focused players who want to play for the club and are proud to wear the shirt.

Having said that, I'll believe he's left when I see him holding up another clubs shirt.

He's 28, in his prime and nturally will be a target for the bigger clubs, especially those playing in the champions league, plus bigger wages.

I hope the rumours are just that, as you can't trust the media in most cases for the absolute truth.

Very meh about this. He's had a handful of decent games but mostly has been very average with quite a lot of Shit games as well.

Wouldn't expect any more from a guy starts for France and is about to join Arsenal.

Decent for a selling club's greedy owner. Selling players during their best years isn't decent.

Except in this situation the player himself is (unsurprisingly) desperate to leave.

No, we don't have to sell him, but he wants to see out his peak years at a club playing Champions League football and competing for trophies. Hard to stand in his way, or to want to keep a player whose heart isn't really in it. Not sure that makes us a selling club. We didn't sell Cabaye after the first bid or two, did we?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Except in this situation the player himself is (unsurprisingly) desperate to leave.

No, we don't have to sell him, but he wants to see out his peak years at a club playing Champions League football and competing for trophies. Hard to stand in his way, or to want to keep a player whose heart isn't really in it. Not sure that makes us a selling club. We didn't sell Cabaye after the first bid or two, did we?

Oh so because we didn't just accept the first derisory bid we're not a selling club? There's a trend emerging where we sell our best players. Said players wanting to leave is because we're a selling club. A vicious circle, really.

Oh so because we didn't just accept the first derisory bid we're not a selling club? There's a trend emerging where we sell our best players. Said players wanting to leave is because we're a selling club. A vicious circle, really.

There's nothing wrong with being a selling club. We only sell important players for very good fees.

The issue is more that dont replace them properly. Cabella and Grenier are both available for a reasonable price, but we half arse around rather than getting them in before pre-season training starts!