Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabaye on the first England game

When we beat England at Wembley we were missing some players. But we won so we have a small psychological advantage. However, it was only a friendly. This is going to be a competitive game, so it is different. It is the first match and it is going to be very important. I hope we are going to play well and beat them, but I don't know if we are better than them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18294554

I'm very excited for this, although I think England are going to be shit to a level previously unheard of. No knocks on Hodgson - he's the man for the job, a dignified and experienced campaigner - but our side wasn't good enough even before injuries.

Still should be a feast of football. I fancy Spain to take it again.

I've put a fiver on Ireland to get out of their group but England not to. It isn't an entirely unlikely scenario.

I've got a tenner on Ireland not to score a goal, that's not an entirely unlikely scenario neither.

• I think England will get out of the group, purely because Ukraine and Sweden are shite.
  • I think we'll draw with France, they're alright but they're not Spain.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if we draw 2 of the 3 games and win one.
  • Regardless it ends in the Quarters unless we win the group.
  • Spain will win it again.
  • Germany will be shite.
  • Portugal will turn the krauts over.
  • Poland and Russia will win comfortably on Friday.
  • Ireland and Italy will get 1 point each a draw between each other
  • Poland will win their group.
  • Ukraine will go out in the first round.
  • Ronaldo will be top scorer in the competition.
  • Howard Webb will make a few fuck ups.
  • If you back Ireland against Spain with a +2 handicap you'll still lose.

Sweden aren't shite at all Stevie.

Sweden aren't shite at all Stevie.

You do regard yourself as a bit of an authority on overseas football and sometimes what you say shows a lot of insight. However, Sweden are fuckin shite, I've seen them live 3 or 4 times in the last few years. Watched them against Denmark, they could've lost 6-0, ended up 3-0. Against England at Wembley they were the worst side I think we've played for a long time, with a make-shift team now. They've had some decent friendly results since then, but their style isn't for my liking, and I'd rank only Ireland and Ukraine as worst sides in this tournament. Even when you look down the twenty three players they've picked for the tournament, only Ibrahimovic would get in the toon's first eleven and very few you'd want to improve the squad. If we don't beat them we might as well come home.

so many of those are going be wrong, and Swe are far from shite, they'll give you a tough game tbh

Ireland will be tough to score against as well i think, we've a reasonable record against Italy, and we've the Trapp :D

i've a feeling spain will have a shocker for some reason, but we'll see

really looking forward to this tournament anyway.

If you made 12 predictions, many of them would be wrong too, but I think they'll all come true obviously at this point. You're just copying off Jonny by saying they're not shite, of course they're shite, the quality of their squad is only marginally better than Ireland. Worst side England have played for a long time. The full back donkey has looked shite in the SPL for example. Ibrahimovic will need to be watched and don't give free kicks away against them because your man Larsson is good at them as we all know, but if we don't beat them, we might as well chuck it.

I've got a tenner on Ireland not to score a goal, that's not an entirely unlikely scenario neither.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I will also being having a few quid on France -2 on Monday.

The Sweden game is key for England iyam....playing the hosts in the last group game in front of 80k screaming locals will be a lot easier with 4 points in the bag...if its 2 or less and Ukraine have beaten Sweden then I think it will be very difficult to get out the group.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I will also being having a few quid on France -2 on Monday.

Would you not be better just giving that to charity though? You're betting on something that's only happened once against England in a competitive game on foreign soil in 140 years of football history.

The Sweden game is key for England iyam....playing the hosts in the last group game in front of 80k screaming locals will be a lot easier with 4 points in the bag...if its 2 or less and Ukraine have beaten Sweden then I think it will be very difficult to get out the group.

Aye, I think the Ukraine game will be the tougher of the two. Their recent form is abysmal and points to the fact they're shite, I saw France dry bum them a while ago, but I remember being quite impressed by their intensity when they beat us 1-0 in the WCQ a few years ago. We had a good side out too and were flying at the time.

Anyone remember Czech Rep vs Dutch? Was it 3-3 or 4-3, cracking game. Nedved is one of my all time favourite players.

Aye I was in the toon watching that. Me mate had £20 on Holland HT/Czech Rep FT, and I never even got an extra pint off the cunt, despite him winning best part of £600! 2-3 I think it was.

Edited by McFaul