Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the goals Ireland have conceeded has been to shite defending as well which is a surprise as I think we all expected them to be hard to beat and at the very least solid at the back.

This. I wasn't expecting pretty football or even more than a couple of goals scored but it has been our most shocking performance ever at a major final. That Ireland team was built on defensive stability and discipline, they've shown absolutely zero evidence of that in the past two games. It's as if they've all finally woken up and realised that actually they're shite footballers who are mostly Championship standard.

With the imminent retirement of many of those Championship standard players it's going to be a tough qualifying campaign for the next World Cup.

Thought the ITV pundits were canny the neet especially Keane. Spoke sense and with honesty.

I wasn't watching the ITV coverage but one of the fellas at work was telling that Keane was having a pop at the Ireland fans for singing til the end? If so, what a negative cunt.

I wasn't watching the ITV coverage but one of the fellas at work was telling that Keane was having a pop at the Ireland fans for singing til the end? If so, what a negative cunt.

The fella at work has misconstrued that. He was saying fair play to the Ireland fans but it's not important, it's more important for the team to be playing well, and they let the fans down. They were loud at the end when all was lost, was identical to Newcastle in Cardiff when we were 4-1 down to Man Utd, everyone pissed, 35,000 geordies singing because there's nowt else to do but get upset about the feeble efforts on the pitch, "aren't we great", so fuck tbh.

Andy Carroll starts the neet, I've been having day dreams of him scuffing absolute sitters wide. You can get away with it at league level, but not in the Euro's you must take chances that come your way, I pray he does.

Hart

Johnson Terry Lescott Cole

Milner Gerrard Parker Young

Welbeck Carroll

Edited by McFaul

Cristiano Ronaldo has had more shots so far than anyone else in the tournament. All of them off target.

8 on, 3 off according to the official UEFA page. :razz:

As I said before a ball was kicked Sweden are shite. The changes they're making for the game today make them even weaker but, I've got no confidence in England, we should win, but we might not. See when we played Croatia in 2004 we were 1-0 down for 40 minutes, but I knew we'd come back and win because we were class, and we did 4-2. See even if we went a goal down to shitey Sweden, I'd be panicking, we need the first goal the neet.

France to make 3 changes apparently. M'vila for Diarra, Martin for Malouda and Menez for Nasri.

No luck for Ben Arfa.

M'Vila goes without saying, Menez for Nasri is a strange one as Nasri did alright vs England. I'm guessing Martin is more defensive than Ben Arfa so that'd make sense.

France to make 3 changes apparently. M'vila for Diarra, Martin for Malouda and Menez for Nasri.

No luck for Ben Arfa.

He was always going to be used as an impact sub though, wasn't he?

As I said before a ball was kicked Sweden are shite. The changes they're making for the game today make them even weaker but, I've got no confidence in England, we should win, but we might not. See when we played Croatia in 2004 we were 1-0 down for 40 minutes, but I knew we'd come back and win because we were class, and we did 4-2. See even if we went a goal down to shitey Sweden, I'd be panicking, we need the first goal the neet.

Didn't Sweden used to be our bogey team?