Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was saying the other week that Walcott should be behind "ox" I'm the pecking order and has no end product?

Me, but I'm sure there are others.

I'll gladly hold my hands up and say I'm wrong.

Edited by StevenL

It was a shame Carroll undid a lot of his good work with that daft free-kick. I think he's made Hodgson's decision a lot easier re: who to drop for Rooney there. Anyway, we were lucky but so fuck? It makes a change. Mind, their 2nd goal was atrocious defending by us. Unbelievably bad. On the plus side our first and third goals were fantastic finishes. I think Gerrard needs a free(-ish) role on either wing if we're going to play him and persist with a 4-4-2 (which we clearly are) as his legs have pretty much gone. You could play the same XI and swap him and Milner. I reckon Gerrard would spit the dummy out though. Milner and Young were absolutely gash as well.

Very enjoyable game last night. Still don't fancy our chances to get past the quarters at best but at least we're still in the mixer. Tidy finish by Welbeck, all the more enjoyable as my flatmate had been raving about him having a shit touch all game. :D

After they scored and were all celebrating in the 6 yard box, all of a sudden Ibrahimovic is barking in Hart's face. Dunno what caused it, whether Hart said something or what.

Think it was because all the Swedes raced towards Melberg who was standing next to Hart and he got pushed away by one, then he tried to push one back in a handbags at dawn kind of way. Then Zlatan started mouthing off and mocking him. Horrible cunt like, hope he feels like the douche he is now.

Edited by ADP

Thoughts on the game: well, it was certainly entertaining! Had I been a neutral, I'd have thought it was the best game of the tournament so far in terms of unpredictability. Yes, both teams were shit but it made for a pretty exciting second half as you couldn't really call it for the majority of the last 45.

Thoughts on England: positives first - Carroll cracking header. Was nice to see him playing a LITTLE like he used to play for us in that he seemed to remember that he is built like a brick shit house and used his strength more, put himself about and let the Swedish CBs know they were in a game. Rather than his Liverpool style of play which consists of falling over every time he is within a 5 yard proximity of an opposing player, looking for the free kick. Walcott saved and then won us the game Acted as a great foil for a lot of the style of play we had been playing up to that point. He has to start next game. Great goal and great setting up of Welbeck's goal, which, I thought was a right messy accidental goal when I initially saw it (thought he was trying to use the first touch to swivel and hit it on the half volley after), but on the replays, fair play Danny boy was a great finish.

negatives... GLEN FUCKING JOHNSON. Ive said it before, he is fucking dogger. Can't cross, pass, mark, or move at all. Apart from the last ditch challenge he made in our box against a swedish player (forgot who) - which i hold my hands up and admit was a great tackle - he was woeful. I get nervous when any opposing side tries it down our right hand side. Which leads me onto the second negative - Milner. I find Jimmy frustrating at the best of times, but yesterday was baaaad. Passing was atrocious. As was Parker's, who I thought had an awful game. Hart needs to pull himself together a bit I think. Obvs he is still young but he seems to lack the authority he shows at Man City. Young was pretty shite as well.

All in all, the game taught me several things. Firstly, I am pretty certain that England will not get past the quarter finals. This may be a bit patent but we are not a good team. We aren't shit like, but just too weak in terms of giving the ball away. Secondly, Hodgson clearly does his homework then revises it over and over. Bringing on Walcott was a great move and as well as he played, the manager must take credit also to see where and how the Swedes could be exposed at that point in the match. I think that we will get better and better with him as manager, though I think he can only be judged fairly after 2014 world cup. Finally, we have missed Rooney and it will be a huge boost that he can start against Ukraine.

Essay over.

Edited by ADP

negatives... GLEN FUCKING JOHNSON. Ive said it before, he is fucking dogger. Can't cross, pass, mark, or move at all. Apart from the last ditch challenge he made in our box against a swedish player (forgot who) - which i hold my hands up and admit was a great tackle - he was woeful. I get nervous when any opposing side tries it down our right hand side. Which leads me onto the second negative - Milner. I find Jimmy frustrating at the best of times, but yesterday was baaaad. Passing was atrocious. As was Parker's, who I thought had an awful game. Hart needs to pull himself together a bit I think. Obvs he is still young but he seems to lack the authority he shows at Man City. Young was pretty shite as well.

Pretty much the same speil as I was shouting at the telly yesterday... apart from Young, I thought he was complete shite and should have come off for Oxlade-Chamberlain about the same time Walcott came on.