Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

I hope Sweden do us a favour the neet, because Italy are shite. I don't like how they play, their players are far from top class they'd be there for the taking. Spain on the other hand are much better than we are, and we'd need loads of luck to get through. That fucking goal at the end was significant because it would've meant Germany v Spain in the Semi if it hadn't have happened.

FWIW I think the neet will be a shite game and we'll sneak it 1-0. Before a ball was kicked I said Sweden were one of the poorest sides in the tournament, what I've seen so far enhances that, and I don't hold much hope for them against France but you never know. The thing with France sometimes, I don't think it's the talent, it's their formation and actual desire that holds them back. Man for man I honestly believe they're better than Germany, but have half of their application.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I think England will get out of the group, purely because Ukraine and Sweden are shite.
  • I think we'll draw with France, they're alright but they're not Spain.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if we draw 2 of the 3 games and win one.
  • Regardless it ends in the Quarters unless we win the group. (aye)
  • Spain will win it again. (aye)
  • Germany will be shite. (their results have been better than their performances)
  • Portugal will turn the krauts over. (they still might)
  • Russia will win comfortably on Friday. (won 4-1)
  • Ireland and Italy will get 1 point each a draw between each other
  • Poland will win their group.
  • Ukraine will go out in the first round. (aye)
  • Ronaldo will be top scorer in the competition. (only one off top scorer position now)
  • Howard Webb will make a few fuck ups. (he's made about 4 off the top of my head)
  • If you back Ireland against Spain with a +2 handicap you'll still lose. (Spain won 4-0)

I was thinking, would it be better for Shevchenko to start and possibly aggravate his injury, forcing a change. Or, him not appear at all and Ukraine play on the counter all night?

Otherwise known as a must win game :lol:

More like a "Must get at least a draw, a win would be better, but a loss would be bad... so any of the other two possible results is fine" game?

Would just be like England to fuck it up and lose 2-1. Ireland 88, Sweden 92 and Romania in 2000 spring to mind as occasions we were equally confident of getting a result and we still fucked it up.

Nee negativity though, if we attack like we did against Sweden in spells, this should present no significant problems. Me and J69 could mark Voronin. Their best players are old, Tymoschuk is a good player, and you saw how quickly the Ukranian crowd turned on them when France were on top, an early goal and we'll be sweet. We MUST play fast football, we can't play like Spain's dwarfs, we know how to play fast football, and we have quality, people saying we don't are fucking idiots, high tempo considered play is what won Man Utd the Champions League against technically superior sides like Bayern and Juventus, it's an English strength that is somewhat lost in the fact everyone tells you, you have to be tactically aware. You can be and play high tempo football.

Cant quite believe how excited I am for this game tonight. Bearing in mind a few weeks ago I had zero interest in the national team I am quite surprised at myself. Talking to punters I also find many others seemingly coming back on board Team England.

You might be surprised at your excitement but I think its safe to say you're the only one. ;)

I think if it wasn't in Ukraine, England could get a comfortable draw. But you never know, the crowd could be the decisive factor.

home advantage is always a big factor.

Engalnd will win the whole thing, it's written in the stars, just like Chelsea did "against the odds" (and Greece and Denmark have done before). Park the bus and hit em on the break.

Building up nicely to kick off at the Tree residence.

Bunting and balloons everywhere inside and out as the seven year old daughter has really taken to the footy, (Watched the full match the other night and itching to watch tonight's game) and its the 20 year olds birthday so we are having a football / party celebration.

Booze being flowing since five and fajitas and ribs on the go.

Birthday girl reckons we'll win 3-1.

Hope you are all having a good night.

Rooney.....he's done next to fuck all for his country, he got injured in 2004, sent off in 2006, couldnt even help the team to qualify in 2008 and his personal life stopped him from even half decent in 2010. This is supposed to be our one true world class player; unlucky in 2004, fair enough, but he's seldom appeared to actually give a fuck and has been a liability more than once, including getting suspended for the first two games this tournament. He's been brought straight back in as some sort of messiah, so if he fucks up in some way tonight he shouldnt get another chance ever again.

On the other hand, Ukraine are shite and without their past-it best player, England should walk it :D

Edited by PaddockLad