Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd start Carroll against Italy especially now it looks like Chellinni is out.

I think Carroll and Rooney will be strong. One thing that does worry, both Carroll & Rooney like dropping deep to get the ball.

What pace do we have and take advantage of?

What pace do we have and take advantage of?

Walcott's the quickest player in the full thing, Rooney is no slouch, Oxlade if he comes on, the full backs are quick, Welbeck's like shit off a stick too, although shit would describe his showings so far like other than his goal against Sweden, as it would Young who also has pace.

Walcott's the quickest player in the full thing, Rooney is no slouch, Oxlade if he comes on, the full backs are quick, Welbeck's like shit off a stick too, although shit would describe his showings so far like other than his goal against Sweden, as it would Young who also has pace.

Rooney looks about 4st over weight the fat cath word.

I think Carroll and Rooney will be strong. One thing that does worry, both Carroll & Rooney like dropping deep to get the ball.

Total football. ;)

................Carroll.............

Rooney.....................Walcott/OxO

Is my prefered starting lineup from what I've seen. Welbeck had a poor game and Milner and Young have been shit so far. Have either actually beaten a man in 3 games?

Young seems out of sorts imo.

Total football. ;)

................Carroll.............

Rooney.....................Walcott/OxO

Is my prefered starting lineup from what I've seen. Welbeck had a poor game and Milner and Young have been shit so far. Have either actually beaten a man in 3 games?

*high fives*

You see this Fish? This is what it should be ;)

The main concern about Italy for me, is their cheating bastard nature which has been part of their culture for 2000 years. The referee will be conned by an Italian at least 5 times on Sunday, I only hope it's not in the box or 5 yards outside so Pirlo can put one in the top corner.

*high fives*

You see this Fish? This is what it should be ;)

I wouldn't mind that if Wellbeck and Rooney hadn't established a very useful partnership in the league.

The main concern about Italy for me, is their cheating bastard nature which has been part of their culture for 2000 years. The referee will be conned by an Italian at least 5 times on Sunday, I only hope it's not in the box or 5 yards outside so Pirlo can put one in the top corner.

I'd pleasure-punish myself for days if Young dived for a penalty and Gerrard got de Rossi sent off.

@SeppBlatter: After last night’s match #GLT is no longer an alternative but a necessity.

Why did it not become a necessity after lampard's goal 2 years ago? Cunt.

stevie, at no point did I say italy are anything like france.

they arent slow at all though, pirlo is like xavi, he doesn't need pace, thats not his game, de rossi doesn't need it either but di natale, balotelli, giacherini, giovinco all have enough pace to worry teams as well as other qualities, cassano is another, he's not out and out pace but he's skilled enough to make room to pass and shoot in tight quarters

we'll be without the ball for a lot of this game and we'll be pegged back for a lot of it, we need to draw them into crossing and attempting long killer balls where lescott and terry will be favourites to win them rather than letting them pass and dribble through us.

carroll has to start surely, despite playing for man u the link up between rooney, young and welbeck seemed virtually non existent, in fact the best link up play seemed to come from Carroll and gerrard having walcott and chamberlain moving around them

at one point chamberlain did something Ive not seen done with carroll at this tournament so far by actually running off him expecting him to win the flick on, didn't work out but its a much better example of a footballing brain than anything welbecks shown so far imo

@SeppBlatter: After last night's match #GLT is no longer an alternative but a necessity.

Why did it not become a necessity after lampard's goal 2 years ago? Cunt.

There was a Ukrainian offside in the build up so he's willing to overlook that piece of piss poor officiating but not the one which said the ball was over the line. Thats why you can't have goal line technology...where do you stop with it?...its got to be all or nothing for me and if play had been stopped correctly for the offside there wouldnt have been a goal to bleat on about. Robot lino's anyone?.... :glare:

There was a Ukrainian offside in the build up so he's willing to overlook that piece of piss poor officiating but not the one which said the ball was over the line. Thats why you can't have goal line technology...where do you stop with it?...its got to be all or nothing for me and if play had been stopped correctly for the offside there wouldnt have been a goal to bleat on about. Robot lino's anyone?.... :glare:

Robot linos all manufactured to look like Colina.

I watched the game on a yank channel and Michael Ballack brought this up (he's actually a very good pundit btw) saying it was clearly offside so they can't feel hard done by, to which the American host replied "if you just put the miscalled offside down to simply something that happens in the flow of the game, then the goal changes the game right?" Ballack looked as confused as me :lol: How are people just icing over the fact the guy that set the 'goal' up was blatantly in an offside position, not forgetting that they also had a header go narrowly over the bar when the bloke was in an offside position which the lineman also ignored about 2 minutes prior to the incident.

Edited by Howay