The Olympic Torch

catmag

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the torch bearers at the last olympics immediately take to ebay after the relay or is this exclusively a british olympics thing?

Hosting a continentally-renowned event and we have Will.I.Am and Jedward as torch bearers ffs. :lol:

This is the problem I have with this whole torch bearers thing. My understand was that people who'd worked hard for their local community would be the torch bearers, but I've since seen sponsors, Drogba, Jedward, and Chris fucking Moyles getting to run with it. Piss poor.

I havent really been following the stuff about the Olympic torch (or the Olympics in general for that matter)... but why on earth is Bear Gryll's doing a zip wire with it over the tyne on friday?

They've got lights up all down the coast telling me to expect delays to my journey tomorrow afternoon.

Who the fuck is it daft enough to travel to watch some no-mark run past them holding aloft a portable gas stove?

It gets worse. Fucking Bear Grylls is zip sliding off the Tyne Bridge with it on Friday. :lol: An idea Alan Partridge himself would have dismissed as ridiculous.

I hope it fucking snaps.

Lap of honour round SJP has been canceled cos the ground is still sporting "unofficial" advertising.

The club are twats for not sorting it out, and the Olympics are twats that it even matters in the first place.

Hold on now back up a page or so... Jedward walked down the street carrying a naked flame and no one thought a water-pistol (preferably a supersoaker tm) full of petrol was called for? It's this lack of foresight and imagination that makes me despair for the human race.