Ameobi adds to Newcastle concerns

Scottish Mag

Shola Ameobi is to have a scan on a hip injury after limping out of the 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough on Monday.

"It just came on gradually, I could feel it grinding during the first half," Ameobi told the club's website.

"That was the problem I suffered with last season. When I had the operation I was told it could flare up again and that was eight months ago."

Newcastle are already without a spate of players, including Michael Owen, who broke a bone in his foot on Saturday.

Owen may be sidelined until April.

Scott Parker (knee), Emre (hamstring), Kieron Dyer (hamstring), Steven Taylor (shoulder), Stephen Carr (hernia) and Craig Moore (hamstring) are also out injured, while Lee Bowyer is suspended for another two games.

Amebi, 24, started on the left of midfield against Boro and was replaced by Charles N'Zogbia.

You shower of bastids, that's our next number 9 you're talking about there.

73511[/snapback]

I can only assume that Shola is on the menu at your local Chinese and that's what you're referring to?

73511[/snapback]

I can only assume that Shola is on the menu at your local Chinese and that's what you're referring to?

73515[/snapback]

What do you reckon, with chips or mushroom pilau?

I thought his scan had showed nothing serious when I read that title.

73505[/snapback]

That's what I thought, but joking aside we really need him at the moment, as there's no-one else. He is still a better player than Chopra.

73511[/snapback]

73515[/snapback]

73524[/snapback]

[pedant] Shouldn't that be egg-fried rice? [\pedant]

73511[/snapback]

73515[/snapback]

73524[/snapback]

[pedant] Shouldn't that be egg-fried rice? [\pedant]

73542[/snapback]

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

73511[/snapback]

73515[/snapback]

73524[/snapback]

Surely the black bean sauce?

N'zogbia, did more in his first 6 minutes on the pitch than ameobi did in the first half. he runs at defenders, puts decent balls in, shoots on sight, everything ameobi doesnt do. And hes left footed, why the fuck does souness not play him every game!

N'zogbia, did more in his first 6 minutes on the pitch than ameobi did in the first half. he runs at defenders, puts decent balls in, shoots on sight, everything ameobi doesnt do. And hes left footed, why the fuck does souness not play him every game!

73568[/snapback]

I suppose you're looking for a more in depth answer than. "Because he is a witless gimboid"

Ive always found it astonishing that 99percent of the world knows things about our players light years ahead of the managers that work with them day in day out. ie Ameobi will never make a footballer in this league, A right footed striker doesnt make a left winger, Bramble, after 5 years of being told to 'cut out the mistakes' never will, Boumsong isnt worth 8pounds etc etc.