Can an employer demand your personal mobile number?

ajax_andy

This is where the fuckin bollocks about relaxation of employment laws for small companies that was rolled out last week (the report was by a major donor to the Tory party..yeah, quel fuckin surprise :glare: ) can be seen as the Tories trying to let their mates in this sector completely exploit their employees. Smaller businesses need more regulation to prevent this sort of shit, not less.

Is your missus on a good contract? i.e. can they get rid of her for next to nothing?...apparently the yanks have had this sort of thing for years and they were in a worse financial mess than we are ffs. I think the latest figures show theyve had a fair start to the year mind and ours is worse than first reported. But the Tories are blaming it on small business regulation and say thats whats holding growth back...what a bunch a fuckin liars.

If her contract is watertight its a polite but firm "no"...if its up for renenwal yearly or something I'd be careful if she wants to stay in the job, as mentioned she could give it and just not answer it. Boss sounds like a complete control freak iyam, I'd tell the missus to look for another job if I were you.

This is where the fuckin bollocks about relaxation of employment laws for small companies that was rolled out last week (the report was by a major donor to the Tory party..yeah, quel fuckin surprise :glare: ) can be seen as the Tories trying to let their mates in this sector completely exploit their employees. Smaller businesses need more regulation to prevent this sort of shit, not less.

Is your missus on a good contract? i.e. can they get rid of her for next to nothing?...apparently the yanks have had this sort of thing for years and they were in a worse financial mess than we are ffs. I think the latest figures show theyve had a fair start to the year mind and ours is worse than first reported. But the Tories are blaming it on small business regulation and say thats whats holding growth back...what a bunch a fuckin liars.

If her contract is watertight its a polite but firm "no"...if its up for renenwal yearly or something I'd be careful if she wants to stay in the job, as mentioned she could give it and just not answer it. Boss sounds like a complete control freak iyam, I'd tell the missus to look for another job if I were you.

Aye her contract is a stable one and not up for renewal or anything so I think she can probably refuse and not be in any danger... She's been looking for a new job for a while now and she's got a promising lead so hopefully that'll come off.

Yeah complete control freak and getting worse... they actually used to be friends which makes it all the more worse as once my wife started working there she seemed to forget that and treat her like crap!

Care to ellaborate Kevin?

Bare in mind the manger has our home phone number and my mobile number so it's not like she's completely uncontactable.

In other words she has provided her with 2 personal numbers, just neither of them are her mobile.