Good Holiday Reads

Gemmill

Right. As the holiday season approaches, we need a thread where people can suggest good beach reading. Nothing boring - if you want to go on holiday and read about the fall of the Roman empire, that's your problem, don't try to make it mine - this is specifically good yarns that you can just switch off and enjoy.

I'm off to Corfu in a few weeks and I think I'm gonna read Anthony Kiedis's autobiography, which looks decent for a music autobiography. But we all need more and better suggestions.

No Jackie Collins, CT.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who thinks the reading of books on a regular basis is the pass time of dull people and geeks, your thread is safe :)

I can't say I'm surprised by this. "pass time" ffs.

As someone who thinks the reading of books on a regular basis is the pass time of dull people and geeks, your thread is safe :)

You sound like a insufferable white version of Kanye West, who said something along the lines of:

"I am a proud non-reader of books. I gets my experience from real life experience."

Which goes to explain why the pair of you are somewhat lacking in the brain department.

You sound like a insufferable white version of Kanye West, who said something along the lines of:

"I am a proud non-reader of books. I gets my experience from real life experience."

Which goes to explain why the pair of you are somewhat lacking in the brain department.

Spoken like a true geek ;)

Perfume-Patrick Suskind

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is a 1985 literary historical cross-genre novel (originally published in German as Das Parfum) by German writer Patrick Süskind. The novel explores the sense of smell and its relationship with the emotional meaning that scents may carry. Above all this is a story of identity, communication and the morality of the human spirit.

The story focuses on Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, a perfume apprentice in 18th century France who, born with no body scent himself, begins to stalk and murder virgins in search of the "perfect scent", which he finds in a young woman named Laura, whom his acute sense of smell finds in a secluded private garden in Grasse.

That's just because your pudgy sausage fingers struggle with the pages

:lol: that's a lad.

He'll have had much worse tbf; was a smack addict for a bit and heavily into the drugs. Smack can mess with your sexuality, and given that he is a fully-blown sex maniac who has been banging away from the age of 12/13, we can safely assume he has had sex with men. I would say for every 100 women he has had sex with, he'll have had sex with at least one man. On top of this he will have had a much wider range of sexual experience than the average person, probably dabbling in bestial pursuits and water games quite frequently. So when viewed from that perspective, she really isn't that bad.

have you finished reading Keef's autobio, and if so, how did you rate it?

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Aye I finished the Keith Richards book. I enjoyed it. I've kind of forgotten about it now tbh, but there are some good stories in there. It's one of them where he has an outlook on life that only someone who has only known fame all their adult life could have, but at the same time remained a decent sort. Not the best parent mind!

George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones series trots along at a fair old pace, so if you've not read that I'd definitely grab them on the kindle

Edit Anybody surprised that CT doesn't read?

Edited by The Fish