Smith has left the building!

Christmas Tree

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was that quote about him asking Pardew every week why he wasn't playing only for the gaffer to say something like "you just don't understand football" :lol:.

"we're both football men, I think we both know why youre not playing"

Apparently Allardyce was in a frenzied rush to sign him, so he arranged for Smith to catch a train up to Newcastle. Upon exiting the train and seeing Allardyce waiting to greet him, Alan became very excited and unfortunately ended up falling onto the tracks and being run over by a train--his two legs were severed completely at the knees. They managed to sow his legs back on, but he was never the same player since that day. He even referenced the incident in an interview, admitting, "I think I've lost that half a yard of pace you need to play at the very highest level." He had a few good games in the Championship as a DM, other than that he was utter gash, even against League 1 sides in the FA cup.

No - I think as NUFC.com pointed out there is a risk of other players suddenly demanding parity and suddenly the wage bill either rockets or they leave.

Before his broken leg I was a big Smith fan at Leeds and Man Utd, thought he was excellent up front and did a decent job in midfield. He's been utterly hopeless for us though, still can't believe he didn't score - did he even come close?'

Unlike your time here Alan, I hope you can achieve your goals

Break a leg.

Za Za you fucking shithouse

No - I think as NUFC.com pointed out there is a risk of other players suddenly demanding parity and suddenly the wage bill either rockets or they leave.

Before his broken leg I was a big Smith fan at Leeds and Man Utd, thought he was excellent up front and did a decent job in midfield. He's been utterly hopeless for us though, still can't believe he didn't score - did he even come close?'

Finding the keeper from 5 yards with an otherwise open goal against Plymouth.

There was a chance he had when we hammered someone in the 2nd Division. Can't remember who now but we had a brilliant sweeping move from defence to attack as the other team tired, it was one touch stuff and the ball went out to someone on the wing, meanwhile, to be fair to him, Smith had a made a good run through the middle, the other side must have gave up tracking him, everyone was willing the lad out wide to square it to Smith who was running like a train into the box completely free, the lad out wide saw him and put a ball right in front of him, the game was already won, it would've finished a great move and eventually got Smith his first proper goal for us. He missed.

We all get it wrong from time to time but the minute we signed him for £6M I thought it was madness. A great professional would've left long before he did and would've took the financial hit he needed to get himself some gametime somewhere else. That's what pisses most off, aye he was obviously a popular player with the rest of the side and never worked his ticket which is great but then that's the least every pro should be like. He stayed for the coin, not for football and that's a bit sad really.

There was a chance he had when we hammered someone in the 2nd Division. Can't remember who now but we had a brilliant sweeping move from defence to attack as the other team tired, it was one touch stuff and the ball went out to someone on the wing, meanwhile, to be fair to him, Smith had a made a good run through the middle, the other side must have gave up tracking him, everyone was willing the lad out wide to square it to Smith who was running like a train into the box completely free, the lad out wide saw him and put a ball right in front of him, the game was already won, it would've finished a great move and eventually got Smith his first proper goal for us. He missed.

We all get it wrong from time to time but the minute we signed him for 6M I thought it was madness. A great professional would've left long before he did and would've took the financial hit he needed to get himself some gametime somewhere else. That's what pisses most off, aye he was obviously a popular player with the rest of the side and never worked his ticket which is great but then that's the least every pro should be like. He stayed for the coin, not for football and that's a bit sad really.

Wasn't that the Villa game Smith done that?

Wasn't that the Villa game Smith done that?

You might be right, actually. I was well served and enjoyed that game immensely especially giving the travelling platoon of sad beige fuckers some stick so wouldn't be surprised if this memory blurred from the rest of the day.