Smith has left the building!

Christmas Tree

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was going to start down in the academy according to The Journal article.

He's only 31. I'm guessing that everyone bar him has accepted that he's finished as a professional footballer.

Thank Christ. Biggest waste of space on these books for as long as I can remember. At least Marcelinho wasn't on 60k a week.

Thank Christ. Biggest waste of space on these books for as long as I can remember. At least Marcelinho wasn't on 60k a week.

As long as anyone can remember. People can say Maric, Luque, Viana, Owen, Boumsong etc... were a waste of money and they were. However nearly all of them contributed some good, or weren't in the team enough to do too much damage.

94 games for Newcastle not one goal, and the old line "he looks like someone who's won a competition to play with the first team" rings true with him. Honestly, if you had 5 Alan Smith's at the JJB against 5 me's, if we didn't win I'd never kick a ball again. He's fuckin wank. £60,000 a week, and you were praying he wouldn't be included in starting line ups for FIVE years. Unbelievable. THE WORST BUY in the clubs 120 year history bar none. As I've said before his sickening membership and public show of fake loyalty in "the players committee" in the CCC, didn't pull the wool over my eyes. The only reason for this is no cunt else would pay his disgusting £60,000 a week wage. If he had any honour he'd give at least half of the money he's pilfered from NUFC to charity.

Giving him £60k p/w in the first place was ridiculous - he's never been a player good enough to earn that wage bracket.

Glad he's off the wage bill - that's 60k p/w to be put towards the first team's contracts to stave off interest hopefully ie remove Ba's release clause (if it's there).

Wonder where he'll go? League 2 I reckon although it'd be grand if he went back to Leeds.

We should be signing 5 really good players this summer. There's £130k a week coming off the wage bill with just him, Simpson and Xisco alone.

I've put his top 3 NUFC 'moments' here.

Coventry+City+v+Newcastle+United+J1cHRtRsGbtl.jpg

Not forgetting;

alansmith1909getty_981023c.jpg

Or what about......

ras0lj.png

He was fucking great. Thanks for the memories Smudger, son. Worth every single penny, a true English professional.

We should be signing 5 really good players this summer. There's £130k a week coming off the wage bill with just him, Simpson and Xisco alone.

There's no guarantee that Simpson will leave and we'll certainly still have Xisco on our books next season.

What makes you think Xisco will be off the wage bill? He has another year on his contract to go and no-one will offer him the same wages because he's shit

According to the paper this morning, he scored a last minute winner for Deportivo against Gimnastic, which has basically sealed their place in La Liga. Their president and manager both said recently they'd do a permanent deal if they went up and they are baring a miracle. I think Simpson is away personally.

THE WORST BUY in the clubs 120 year history bar none.

I was wondering, pound for pound if anyone has contributed less.

Owen cost us £17m + £20m wages, but at least we got £6m back when he got crocked at the world cup and his run of 7 goals in 9 games at the end of 07/08 helped stave off relegation.

Viana and Luque had the good grace to bugger off sooner rather than later too.

we'll have next to no wages to pay when krul, colo, taylor, santon, simpson, tiote, cabaye, jonas, HBA, ba and cisse go

I reckon theyll all be off myself

I can remember when Allardyce done an interview saying Dyer was off to West Ham (before it got delayed) and that his replacement would be signing tomorrow, even though I knew it was going to be Smith I still had hope that it wouldn't be.

Told me everything what to expect from Fat Sam as manager.

So glad we don't tend to sign players like this any more, the likes of Geremi, Smith, Owen, Duff etc who 's best days were already behind them and came for the massive wages. Smith was the worst though, by a long way.