NUFC Pre Season 2012 - 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you didn't see the game but you agree with cabayeaye, one of the most clueless fuckers on here, and his views on the players performances? :lol:

What part of "the players in general not one pre season friendly" did you not understand ?

You tit.

Seen much of Rob Elliot or Dan Gosling?

Thought not

How the fuck do you know what matches I have or have not been to ?

And stop following me around this board, fuckin' freak.

How the fuck do you know what matches I have or have not been to ?

And stop following me around this board, fuckin' freak.

I've not left this thread yet man :lol: Can I introduce you to the concept of a message board? You reply to the person you are talking

Players who played today:

Elliiot - Shouldn't be at the club, Non-league standard player.

Simpson - 4th best RB at the club behind Santon, Raylor and Perch. Not premiership standard.

Santon - Class full back. Get him on a longer contract!

Tavernier - Promising. Perhaps a future backup RB.

Colo - Still world class.

R Taylor - Good utility player for the bench.

Tiote - Right man for the job.

Bigirimana - Too early to judge.

Gosling - Shite.

Abeid - Sporadic flashes of promise.

Obertan - Fraud of a footballer. Get rid at the earliest opportunity.

Shola - Still a useful target man.

Jonas - Versatile, quality midfielder.

Vuckic - Won't make it. Chopra II.

Sammy - Can be a big player for us next season. Would be awesome as a wide striker in a 433.

Ba - Good striker, very replaceable.

Cisse - World class striker. Irreplacable.

Still want to see our best team, which I believe to be:

---------------------------Krul

Perch(Debuchy) Saylor Colo(Douglas) Santon

--------------------------Tiote

-------------Cabaye------------Jonas

---------Ben Arfa-----Cisse-------Ba

Harper

Raylor

Williamson

Marveaux

Amalfitano

Sammy

Shola

collins_nonce1.jpg

If Galatasaray come in for Ba we'll soon see how easily replaceable he is. Or not. We needed one new forward already.

I actually agree with the ESPN pundit Obertan looks more threatening through the middle than out wide.

I'd be tempted to give him a run out there in the early Europa League games.

Rob Elliot is comfortably the worst Rob Elliot we've ever had at the club. I think there are probably people called Rob Elliot sat in the Leazes End that could come in to the side and not change that fact.

If Galatasaray come in for Ba we'll soon see how easily replaceable he is. Or not. We needed one new forward already.

The problem is we won't get much ££ for him. "apparently" he is entitled to half the fee in the release cause?.

I'm not saying he looks great but I think he can be a threat with his pace.

He'll likely rest the Demba's anyway and the options upfront after those two aren't great now.

I agree with the last bit there, after Cisse and Ba we don't offer much upfront. I'd like to think after not renewing Lovenkrands and selling Best we'd of had someone in by now.

Guest CabayeAye

As for easily replaceable Ba, who was the last player for us to score 16 goals in a premier league season? Shearer in 2005? Bear in mind Ba spent 15-20 of those games on the left side of the field too.

If Ba scores 16 goals this season, I'll drink my piss in the Strawberry then next home game.

If Ba scores 16 goals this season, I'll drink my piss in the Strawberry then next home game.

:lol:

HF can you pin that to the top of the predictions thread?

I missed the end of the game and I didn't see their goal so I can't coment on Elliot (thought he was steady up to the point I saw but he doesn't look like he comes close to Kruls or Harpers (in the past at least) standard).

In terms of the game Simpson did alright. Same as usual really. Fairly steady at the back but offers very little going forward. But in general I think we can all agree he needs replacing. Clearences off the line don't make you a fullback.

Goslings looking fairly shite like. He looks a bit clumsy on the ball, he doesn't take up good positions when we don't have the ball and his passing is often poor. He does get forward well though.

To dismiss Ba as replaceable is nonsense though. You can't just dismiss the goals he scored last season (not to mention his general play for most of it). And given that with his release clause we'd only see about £4m for him, there's no one we'd be able to bring in close to his quality for that much. You'd struggle to match Shola's ability for that price tbh.

On the rest, Obertan is fucking hopeless. When Leroy Rosinior's saying you don't look like a footballer you know there's a problem.

Vukic is worrying me too. I know he's not had a massive amount of chances (and pre season games certainly are no judge of abilty) but he's not showing much at all. He looks slow and slow to think when he has the ball. I think he's also lacking in a bit of confidence (his attempt to play Ba in when he should have turned and shot suggests as much) so a loan to the championship seems a must for me.

For a positive, obviously Sammi looked sharp and Tavernier looks canny, but I really like the look of this Biggi kid. Yes in the two games I've seen him he's misplaced a few passes but he at least looks like he can spot the pass that he wants to play. He also looks like he has a similar ability to Tiote to know where to position himself. Not saying he's ready to make an impact now but he definitely looks like he has something to him.

Of course Ba is replaceable, technically so is everyone in the team. But if we sold Ba would we actually replace him with someone better? I very much doubt it, even with Carr's list of targets.

Guest CabayeAye

Fuck me, read my post man! I said Ba is good! But he isn't in the same league as Cisse, and I think his 16 goal spree was a purple patch. I certainly want to see him stay, but people are forgetting his dry period over Ramadan, his dodgy knee and his strop about playing second fiddle to Cisse.

Cisse is genuinely irreplaceable, world class, but Ba is a good quality striker who sit maybe in the top 10-15 strikers in the PL.

And the reason I don't see him hitting more than 16 goals is because I think he is too much of a confidence player. We just had a stellar run early in the season that kept him going.