Gazza Umbro Advert

wykikitoon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye :( despite that though you can feel the genuine love he had of playing for england, hes nearly crying by the end of it.

we need more of that from our players

aye :( despite that though you can feel the genuine love he had of playing for england, hes nearly crying by the end of it.

we need more of that from our players

Joe Hart I can think of who has that passion. Rooney to some extent, cant think of any more of the current squad.

It's a good advert. ITV played a couple like that leading into or coming back from adverts on Saturday.

Edited by 2bias

Speaking as someone who has spent a decade working with alcoholics and drug addicts, he is messed up big style. You don't end up speaking like that unless you have done yourself some real damage. Wouldn't be surprised if he has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernicke%27s_encephalopathy His legs will be shot soon too if he isnt careful

Edited by J69

Even if he has managed to stem his drinking, irreversible damage has been done.

I think your right.

Every time I think of him I just see the celebration against Scotland, The alcohol chair which was done when the England team were on tour LOL

What must you have to drink to get like that? It must have something to do with money as well, most people would surely go broke?

What must you have to drink to get like that? It must have something to do with money as well, most people would surely go broke?

Nothing to do with money really. Alcohol is one of the more damaging drugs there is, you don't have to be a millionaire to fuck yourself up with it. You could quite easily do yourself serious damage in one night with alcohol.

Yeh but he must have gone on for a while - what's to stop him just packing in one night before he gets how far he did?

It's a strange one.

Yeh but he must have gone on for a while - what's to stop him just packing in one night before he gets how far he did?

It's a strange one.

He's an alcoholic. That's what stops him from 'packing in'. He'll see himself deteriorating and that will make his depression worse; this resulting in his continuing cycle of drinking. Regarding the money question, my uncle is an alcoholic and he has no money. He just buys whatever drink he can and doesn't bother with food. He's recently dropped to 6 1/2 stone. The thing with Gazza is he was taking a lot of pills as well as the alcohol. Probably exacerbated the physical/mental damage.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

He probably has a strong constitution. Going off what he's said about his drinking, he said he was on a couple of bottles of whiskey a day; that sort of drinking spread out over an entire day can be sustained for a long time, and with Gazza's current state we can see the results. It's the bingers who are at risk of alcohol poisoning and death by vomit etc. You can't dust for vomit*.

*Spinal Tap

I honestly didn't think anybody could take two bottles of whiskey a day!

He must have constantly felt like shit.

(Bonus point for Spinal tap reference btw)

If you have the genetics, and further build upon your constitution with years of hard drinking, it's perfectly possible to get through a few quarts of vodka every day; I've read accounts of alcoholics who did drink that amount and subsequently managed to achieve and maintain sobriety. Gazza's had a few relapses, and seems a particularly volatile kind of personality. When you see the state he's in now you expect the worst for him.