yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

LeazesMag

Pretty much agree with what Mancy says. I've said in the past that there is no fluke regarding success, it's all about running clubs in the right way.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always thought FS does a decent job but I read something a while back which has stuck in my mind ever since. I havent got a link Im afraid but it was an interview with Ken Bates who said Gullit was always going to be a disastrous appointment because unlike Chelsea where he was basically just a coach at Newcastle he was given the job and expected to run the whole thing from top to bottom, and had no idea what to do, and had no experience of such a position.

Ive always thought FS does a decent job but I read something a while back which has stuck in my mind ever since. I havent got a link Im afraid but it was an interview with Ken Bates who said Gullit was always going to be a disastrous appointment because unlike Chelsea where he was basically just a coach at Newcastle he was given the job and expected to run the whole thing from top to bottom, and had no idea what to do, and had no experience of such a position.

76514[/snapback]

I heard soemthing similar although it was along the lines of Rix running the show re: training, coaching with Gullit just signing the players and picking the team. In any case, Gullit should have gotten the right people in to help him (and FS should have done his homework).

Course our chairman makes no input whatsoever and the comments about the specific player that he makes to the press are naturally bullshit.... :(

76028[/snapback]

What's that supposed to mean?

Just answer a question, it's pretty easy.

Who identifies the players to bring to the club in order to build a team?

76120[/snapback]

The scouts! :rolleyes:

OK, pedency apart, it's Souness, but then I've never disputed that!

Answer this simple one then in return:

Who has the final say-so by slapping his signature on the cheque and has the power to say "not on your life am I buying that piece of shit!"?

76361[/snapback]

This is something a manager would say should a club have a Chairman who is involved in team affairs when he shouldn't be.

76367[/snapback]

:(

76370[/snapback]

The final refuge.

Obviously you believe a Chairman should be saying those words to a manager when in disagreement with the manager's decision on a team affairs issue, which means you are in favour of interference in team affairs by a Chairman.

Wouldn't mind you telling me how any Chairman is supposed to convince ANY manager to join any club under those circumstances.

76389[/snapback]

Sorry to get involved but i think this point of view is a kind of riposte to Leazes Mag. LM (i believe) has frequently stated that if you back Souness then you must, by inference back all of his decisions including getting rid of Bellamy and Robert.

LM's support of Freddie was then felt to be hypocritical by some (me included) as by those standards LM must clearly back the appointment of Souness in the first place, and his continued employment.

I think i'm right in this (regarding other people's opinions) but i most humbly apologise if i'm wrong.

Also, i have no wish to re-open that debate with LM, i respect his stance and we've all discussed it to death which probably accounts for Craig's reluctance.

76430[/snapback]

I can't see your point chocchip, I've said that I what I think of FS appointing Souness, but also one bad appointment doesn't make a bad chairman. It doesn't change the fact that FS is a good chairman because all the other managers he has appointed have been welcomed by the majority of the clubs support, as they were all successful, and built good teams, and left good sets of players at their previous clubs.

Isn't this the same criteria we are all seeing when we are looking at Hitzfeld and Hiddink ?

FS also backs his managers to the hilt, to the level of Newcastle United financially, and allows them the freedom to do their jobs. That, to coin a phrase, is a "proper" chairman.

i can say this, because i said from the start i wasn't happy with Souness, but everyone who supported Souness to be successful, by saying give him time, are in no position to slag off freddie for appointing Souness because they agreed with it !

Souness getting rid of Bellamy is different, because i didn't support him. And I didn't support because he always has been, and always will be, a shit manager.

If anything, his treatment of Bellamy proved to me conclusively that I had judged him correctly.

By the same token, Bobby Robson sold Solano, but that didn't make him a bad manager either.

76432[/snapback]

LM, apologies if my post seemed to be a criticism of your views. I was presuming the perception of your views was the basis for Craig's stance with HTL.

I'm more than aware of your opinions :lol: . I don't necessarily agree with all of them but i listen to what you have to say.

Didn't mean to start a debate with you in the middle of HTL and Craig's discussion.

Course our chairman makes no input whatsoever and the comments about the specific player that he makes to the press are naturally bullshit.... :(

76028[/snapback]

76120[/snapback]

Who has the final say-so by slapping his signature on the cheque and has the power to say "not on your life am I buying that piece of shit!"?

76361[/snapback]

This is something a manager would say should a club have a Chairman who is involved in team affairs when he shouldn't be.

76367[/snapback]

76370[/snapback]

The final refuge.

Obviously you believe a Chairman should be saying those words to a manager when in disagreement with the manager's decision on a team affairs issue, which means you are in favour of interference in team affairs by a Chairman.

Wouldn't mind you telling me how any Chairman is supposed to convince ANY manager to join any club under those circumstances.

76389[/snapback]

Sorry to get involved but i think this point of view is a kind of riposte to Leazes Mag. LM (i believe) has frequently stated that if you back Souness then you must, by inference back all of his decisions including getting rid of Bellamy and Robert.

LM's support of Freddie was then felt to be hypocritical by some (me included) as by those standards LM must clearly back the appointment of Souness in the first place, and his continued employment.

I think i'm right in this (regarding other people's opinions) but i most humbly apologise if i'm wrong.

Also, i have no wish to re-open that debate with LM, i respect his stance and we've all discussed it to death which probably accounts for Craig's reluctance.

76430[/snapback]

I can't see your point chocchip, I've said that I what I think of FS appointing Souness, but also one bad appointment doesn't make a bad chairman. It doesn't change the fact that FS is a good chairman because all the other managers he has appointed have been welcomed by the majority of the clubs support, as they were all successful, and built good teams, and left good sets of players at their previous clubs.

Isn't this the same criteria we are all seeing when we are looking at Hitzfeld and Hiddink ?

FS also backs his managers to the hilt, to the level of Newcastle United financially, and allows them the freedom to do their jobs. That, to coin a phrase, is a "proper" chairman.

i can say this, because i said from the start i wasn't happy with Souness, but everyone who supported Souness to be successful, by saying give him time, are in no position to slag off freddie for appointing Souness because they agreed with it !

Souness getting rid of Bellamy is different, because i didn't support him. And I didn't support because he always has been, and always will be, a shit manager.

If anything, his treatment of Bellamy proved to me conclusively that I had judged him correctly.

By the same token, Bobby Robson sold Solano, but that didn't make him a bad manager either.

76432[/snapback]

LM, apologies if my post seemed to be a criticism of your views. I was presuming the perception of your views was the basis for Craig's stance with HTL.

I'm more than aware of your opinions :lol: . I don't necessarily agree with all of them but i listen to what you have to say.

Didn't mean to start a debate with you in the middle of HTL and Craig's discussion.

76520[/snapback]

no probs mate, my reply wasn't a criticism either, just emphasising my view.

Reading through the thread, I agree there is a lack of professionalism in the club, this has always been the case, it improved substantially, massively during the Keegan/Hall era [so you are wrong in your comment "2 people will disagree" Craig.] though.

However, it doesn't change my view, Shepherd in spite of his faults is still one of the better chairman, but not the best, no one has said that.

I still say it would be far easier to get a worse chairman than a better one than FS, and I've already posted numerous examples of high profile inferior chairman, that we would be a lot worse off with, and significantly no one disagreed. In fact you've already mentioned dogless .....

Edited by LeazesMag

What's the point, you'll only read what you want to read anyway.... :rolleyes:

76409[/snapback]

You followed up this childish rubbish with a number of petty snipes in later posts. Does you no credit, Craig. Show me the post(s) where you think I was reading selectively, show me the posts that prompted the childish comments you've been aiming toward me.

Anyway, not that I expect you to believe me....I've never said that FS is a great Chairman, so it would seem it is you who reads selectively. Not very long ago I placed a post on the board pointing out how I thought FS is prone to error because he appoints managers for one character trait only, and that this is a reason why we fail. I've also posted a number of times that I think he knows fcuk all about football. Ignored by you, and then the idea I think FS is great is spread around as lies by you in your haste to portray me as believiing something I've never believed in. Good show, mate. As I say, this kind of stuff does you no credit at all.

Doh! Seems to me that you make your mind up what someone is posting before you've even read the post.

BTW It's not rocket science to come up with the idea a club needs to be properly run from top to bottom to be successful. I think everyone would agree with that, so again, you appear to have made up your mind before you even read a post. I'd be surprised if you were able to find any post from me anywhere that would indicate I think a shit club could be successful.

Edited by Howaythelads

76028[/snapback]

76120[/snapback]

76361[/snapback]

76367[/snapback]

76370[/snapback]

The final refuge.

76389[/snapback]

76430[/snapback]

76432[/snapback]

76520[/snapback]

There is no discussion between myself and Craig.

By the way, I haven't the foggiest what you were on about earlier, and it's not because I didn't read what you posted, it's just beyond my feeble intellect. I have no idea why Chayton is accusing me of 'selective reading'.

What's the point, you'll only read what you want to read anyway.... :lol:

76409[/snapback]

You followed up this childish rubbish with a number of petty snipes in later posts. Does you no credit, Craig. Show me the post(s) where you think I was reading selectively, show me the posts that prompted the childish comments you've been aiming toward me.

Anyway, not that I expect you to believe me....I've never said that FS is a great Chairman, so it would seem it is you who reads selectively. Not very long ago I placed a post on the board pointing out how I thought FS is prone to error because he appoints managers for one character trait only, and that this is a reason why we fail. I've also posted a number of times that I think he knows fcuk all about football. Ignored by you, and then the idea I think FS is great is spread around as lies by you in your haste to portray me as believiing something I've never believed in. Good show, mate. As I say, this kind of stuff does you no credit at all.

Doh! Seems to me that you make your mind up what someone is posting before you've even read the post.

BTW It's not rocket science to come up with the idea a club needs to be properly run from top to bottom to be successful. I think everyone would agree with that, so again, you appear to have made up your mind before you even read a post. I'd be surprised if you were able to find any post from me anywhere that would indicate I think a shit club could be successful.

76759[/snapback]

There goes another keyboard....

Do you do short-hand for HTT or is it the other way round? :rolleyes:

What's the point, you'll only read what you want to read anyway.... :lol:

76409[/snapback]

76759[/snapback]

There goes another keyboard....

Do you do short-hand for HTT or is it the other way round? :rolleyes:

76771[/snapback]

Good to know you think a well run club is one where a Chairman interferes in team affairs.

Nowt like putting words in someone's mouth is there HTL?

I never realised failure to answer what you want to hear results in you deciding what my opinions are...

:rolleyes:

Nowt like putting words in someone's mouth is there HTL?

I never realised failure to answer what you want to hear results in you deciding what my opinions are...

:rolleyes:

76788[/snapback]

Just returning the compliment, Craig. I can post lies on a forum as well, you know.

• 1 year later...
My money's still on Souness to be sacked and Roeder to take over till the end of the season.

73739[/snapback]

I'd hang myself from the Tyne Bridge if that happened.

Thought we hadn't seen Nut around for a while... :lol: