yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

LeazesMag

Similar story ran by the Guardian:-

Graeme Souness's grip on the manager's job at Newcastle United, which seemed to have been maintained by Lee Clark's injury-time equaliser against Middlesbrough at St James' Park on Monday, may be forcibly relinquished before Newcastle host Mansfield Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.

The question on Tyneside continues to be when Souness goes rather than if, with Sam Allardyce the leading candidate to replace him. It is believed the compensation Newcastle would have to pay Bolton Wanderers is not prohibitive and that Allardyce would be prepared to accept a position he declined prior to Souness's appointment in September 2004.

Article continues

There was much activity at St James' yesterday and Souness may have been reassured that some of it centred on an attempt to prise Danny Murphy from Charlton Athletic. Newcastle are willing to offer Amdy Faye, bought by Souness for £2m a year ago, and Lee Bowyer as bait.

But Souness's future was also understood to be on the hierarchy's agenda. Doubts at board level pre-date the Carling Cup defeat at Wigan in November, when the chairman Freddy Shepherd's car was surrounded by fans demanding Souness's removal. Wigan had seven of their reserve team playing that night.

On Monday, with Newcastle trailing 2-1, there were chants of "Souness Out" from the Gallowgate End. Souness said he did not want to hear Wigan mentioned after beating Arsenal and West Ham but it will be brought up after every poor result because the League Cup offered a chance of a trophy in Alan Shearer's last season.

The Middlesbrough match followed weak efforts at Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur. Before travelling to Tottenham Souness had a run-in with Stephen Carr, who was being asked to play at White Hart Lane after being out injured for two and a half months.Having observed how Emre Belozoglu and Kieron Dyer broke down after being brought back early, Carr said no.

One man who did travel to Spurs was Glenn Roeder, who sat with Shepherd. Roeder, formerly manager of West Ham, is now academy director at Newcastle and is likely to be interim manager should Souness go before the Mansfield match.

:)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What may come in is what really does worry me. I've no doubt we'd be linked to name like Big sam, Bruce or OLeary - none of which fill me we any hope. Id see no option but to let someone like Roeder run things until the end of the season while we gave a good luck around and not just pick up the first guy who's on his way out of another club anyway... again.

You'd think they would be looking now, but we all know its in good NUFC tradition to do things arse about face.

Oh please let it be true, we've got to get rid of this cretin and his cronies as soon as possible, right now I'd take Allardyce, or Ranieri but would prefer O'Neill or Hitzfeld but beggars can't be choosers !

if not fat sam then it'll probably be Bruce. We're gonna save him from the sack just like when we did it with Souness. ;)

73699[/snapback]

Fuck if the fat man wants to save someone from the sack he should at least offer Taggard a job!

At the moment the following managers are unemployed:

Deschamps

Hitzfield

O'Neil

Ranieri

And those are just off the top off my head. Who was the manager that went to Porto last season and only lasted a month? He was good if I remember but didn't get on with the board their.

73705[/snapback]

To be fair, we can all reel off unrealistic or just plain crap (Ranieri) candidates off the top of our heads. :)

if not fat sam then it'll probably be Bruce. We're gonna save him from the sack just like when we did it with Souness. :gay:

73699[/snapback]

Fuck if the fat man wants to save someone from the sack he should at least offer Taggard a job!

Deschamps

Hitzfield

O'Neil

Ranieri

And those are just off the top off my head. Who was the manager that went to Porto last season and only lasted a month? He was good if I remember but didn't get on with the board their.

73705[/snapback]

To be fair, we can all reel off unrealistic or just plain crap (Ranieri) candidates off the top of our heads. ;)

73735[/snapback]

If you weren't so latently :) Gemmill your opinon would actually be worth something.

Since the initial speculation of SBR's sacking I've be championing for Deschamps as Newcastle manager.

As for the unrealistic comment, why shouldn't we expect Shepherd to employ a world class manager? Or are you happy for the club to continue in mid-table existance?

On Ranieri, if you look at his record pre the russian revolution it was quite good.

He did great things with Valencia the 1st time and if you think about the fact Chelsea were challenging us for 4th/5th around 2001/02/03 and yet they were on the brink of bankruptcy. So yeah he's real crap just like your man lover :razz:

Edited by sammynb

if not fat sam then it'll probably be Bruce. We're gonna save him from the sack just like when we did it with Souness. :razz:

73699[/snapback]

Deschamps

Hitzfield

O'Neil

Ranieri

73705[/snapback]

To be fair, we can all reel off unrealistic or just plain crap (Ranieri) candidates off the top of our heads. ;)

73735[/snapback]

If you weren't so latently :) Gemmill your opinon would actually be worth something.

Since the initial speculation of SBR's sacking I've be championing for Deschamps as Newcastle manager.

As for the unrealistic comment, why shouldn't we expect Shepherd to employ a world class manager? Or are you happy for the club to continue in mid-table existance?

On Ranieri, if you look at his record pre the russian revolution it was quite good.

He did great things with Valencia the 1st time and if you think about the fact Chelsea were challenging us for 4th/5th around 2001/02/03 and yet they were on the brink of bankruptcy. So yeah he's real crap just like your man lover :gay:

73737[/snapback]

Ranieri was a gibbering idiot in his time at Chelsea. FACT!

And so what if you've been championing Deschamps for years? Does that stand us in better stead of attracting him like, cos some Aussie midget with ginger dreads has been posting about him on a message board? :razz:

And funnily enough I'd like a world class manager to get the job too. I just don't think we've got much hope of attracting one, hence I'm not posting lists of unrealistic candidates like you. :razz:

if not fat sam then it'll probably be Bruce. We're gonna save him from the sack just like when we did it with Souness. :rolleyes:

73699[/snapback]

Deschamps

Hitzfield

O'Neil

Ranieri

73705[/snapback]

To be fair, we can all reel off unrealistic or just plain crap (Ranieri) candidates off the top of our heads. :razz:

73735[/snapback]

He did great things with Valencia the 1st time and if you think about the fact Chelsea were challenging us for 4th/5th around 2001/02/03 and yet they were on the brink of bankruptcy. So yeah he's real crap just like your man lover :razz:

73737[/snapback]

Ranieri was a gibbering idiot in his time at Chelsea. FACT!

And so what if you've been championing Deschamps for years? Does that stand us in better stead of attracting him like, cos some Aussie midget with ginger dreads has been posting about him on a message board? :icon_lol:

And funnily enough I'd like a world class manager to get the job too. I just don't think we've got much hope of attracting one, hence I'm not posting lists of unrealistic candidates like you. :gay:

73738[/snapback]

I might be a midget in your larger than average world Mr Greggs but I've told you before the ginger dreads are no longer :razz:

Look I just posted a list of available world class managers and I'm always amazed that Deschamps is never mentioned.

Gemmill, Newcastle's a bit like you, all it takes is a little courage, just like when you applied for that job that was a bit better than chief french fries fryer. Now you get the opportunity to add up some numbers for a living. ;)

I might be a midget in your larger than average world Mr Greggs but I've told you before the ginger dreads are no longer :razz:

Look I just posted a list of available world class managers and I'm always amazed that Deschamps is never mentioned.

Gemmill, Newcastle's a bit like you, all it takes is a little courage, just like when you applied for that job that was a bit better than chief french fries fryer. Now you get the opportunity to add up some numbers for a living. :)

73740[/snapback]

I know you were just posting a list of world class managers mate, but it's like me posting....

Ronaldinho

Schevchenko

Zidane

Beckham

...when talking about potential signings for the January window. Not gonna happen.

P.S. The ginger dreads may well be gone now, but they will haunt you FOREVER! I'll see to that. ;)

I know you were just posting a list of world class managers mate, but it's like me posting....

Ronaldinho

Schevchenko

Zidane

Beckham

...when talking about potential signings for the January window.  Not gonna happen.

P.S. The ginger dreads may well be gone now, but they will haunt you FOREVER!  I'll see to that. :)

73741[/snapback]

And what be happy with Bruce or big Sam?

So Owen's not world class?

Or Given?

Gemmill you as an accountant knows that offer someone enough money and they may just be tempted. Do you think that Koeman is being paid more at Benfica than what the fat man can afford?

Hey at least I've still got hair, tubby ;)

Ronaldinho

Schevchenko

Zidane

Beckham

...when talking about potential signings for the January window.  Not gonna happen.

P.S. The ginger dreads may well be gone now, but they will haunt you FOREVER!  I'll see to that. :)

73741[/snapback]

And what be happy with Bruce or big Sam?

So Owen's not world class?

Or Given?

Gemmill you as an accountant knows that offer someone enough money and they may just be tempted. Do you think that Koeman is being paid more at Benfica than what the fat man can afford?

Hey at least I've still got hair, tubby :razz:

73745[/snapback]

Whether you'll be happy with them or not, that's who we'll be getting.

And do you think Michael Owen wants to be here? Or wouldn't be off at the first sniff of one of the big clubs being interested?

Whether Koeman is being paid more at Benfica is immaterial because a) he's not British, and :gay: to be fair to the lad, the Chairman's never heard of him. ;)

yeah, I know it was The Sun, but lets face it this is coming, there may some truth in it, and once these rumours start, it edges it that bit nearer reality.

FWIW, of course Hitzfeld etc have proven pedigrees, but why the obsession with foreigners. for one thing, look at some of the big players who have signed for Bolton that Allardyce has got performing for him - not one of them have questioned him, not one of them have fallen out with him or the club, and they all to a man appear to be motivated when they play.

For a club like us, who will be in the market for high profile players, this is very, very important.

Add to the fact his well known belief in modern training fitness, medical and dietary

methods, the only thing missing is that he's ready for a big club rather than having been already had one.

Balance that out with the fact that he knows the premiership inside out now, and how to succeed in it - Bolton have improved every year he has been there.

I pointed out all these things about him before Souness was appointed, they are still as relevant.

yeah, I know it was The Sun, but lets face it this is coming, there may some truth in it, and once these rumours start, it edges it that bit nearer reality.

FWIW, of course Hitzfeld etc have proven pedigrees, but why the obsession with foreigners. for one thing, look at some of the big players who have signed for Bolton that Allardyce has got performing for him - not one of them have questioned him, not one of them have fallen out with him or the club, and they all to a man appear to be motivated when they play.

For a club like us, who will be in the market for high profile players, this is very, very important.

Add to the fact his well known belief in modern training fitness, medical and dietary

methods, the only thing missing is that he's ready for a big club rather than having been already had one.

Balance that out with the fact that he knows the premiership inside out now, and how to succeed in it - Bolton have improved every year he has been there.

I pointed out all these things about him before Souness was appointed, they are still as relevant.

73761[/snapback]

It isn't just the Sun though, its the Guardian, the independent and talksport are all running the story.

Whilst I never wanted Souness and won't lose any sleep if (or rather when) he leaves, I worry about who will be brought in to replace him. The best option would be a caretaker until the end of the season in my view, that way we can start sounding out replacements with a view to them taking over for pre-season.

reading through the thread :

I agree with Gemmill that Ranieri is a gibbering idiot [as well as a tinkering idiot]

Can't believe the idea that Allardyce is "one dimensional" and O'Neill isn't.

A similar story is in the guardian, if it makes some you happier .....

Edited by LeazesMag

I think some people want a foreign manager the way Freddie wants a British manager. I'd put Big Sam ahead of quite a few of the other options, I hope that statement doesn't come back to haunt me.

Can't believe the idea that Allardyce is "one dimensional" and O'Neill isn't.

73764[/snapback]

Aye, agree with that. O'Neil has been failrly successful, but to be fair it's been with the same tactics as Allardyce. Strong, physical sides with the big hoof.

Leazes, FWIW I agree with you on Allardyce and his open-mindedness with regards to training methods and treatment of injuries etc. I'm just unsure whether he'll ever be a "big-time" manager. I am convinced though that he would be an improvement on the current situation, but we should be looking for more than that really.

if not fat sam then it'll probably be Bruce. We're gonna save him from the sack just like when we did it with Souness. :)

73699[/snapback]

Deschamps

Hitzfield

O'Neil

Ranieri

73705[/snapback]

Take O'Neil out of that and you've got a canny list however I can see my prediction coming true already. We'll end up with Bruce because even Sam wont come to us and in a years time we'll be looking at the following..........

screengrab.jpg

73716[/snapback]

quality

I actually think that Allardyce has a lot more to him than just long ball and he seems to be quite willing to try out new ideas also. Regarding what Leazes said earlier, I don't think anyone is necessarily obsessed with getting a foreign manager, rather they are concerned that Shepherd is obsessed with getting a British one.

Leazes, FWIW I agree with you on Allardyce and his open-mindedness with regards to training methods and treatment of injuries etc.  I'm just unsure whether he'll ever be a "big-time" manager.  I am convinced though that he would be an improvement on the current situation, but we should be looking for more than that really.

73767[/snapback]

So what's your stance now Gemmill, out of interest? Are you finally going to admit you were wrong in your assertion that Souness should be given a minimum of 2 years to prove himself, regardless of results and performances on the field, and his PR off it? Can we finally expect an "I was wrong" Gemmill exclusive?

I actually think that Allardyce has a lot more to him than just long ball and he seems to be quite willing to try out new ideas also. Regarding what Leazes said earlier, I don't think anyone is necessarily obsessed with getting a foreign manager, rather they are concerned that Shepherd is obsessed with getting a British one.

73769[/snapback]

Exactly. We should be looking for the best candidate regardless of nationality. We got Souness in the first place because we were only going to appoint someone British.