yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

LeazesMag

I hated him as a player at Boro.  ;)

73883[/snapback]

In my past life I grew up in the next town to Souness, and I fucking hated him then. SOOPAFANTASTIC.

73886[/snapback]

Mod these 2 tbh. :)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Souness was shit when he joined, which was more than 12 months ago, which means I win. :)

73865[/snapback]

Sorry, I hated him at Blackburn, I believe that makes me Soopa. Of course Leazes hated him at Liverpool, which makes him GREAT.

73880[/snapback]

I hated him as a player at Boro. ;)

73883[/snapback]

I hated him as a player at Spurs.

73895[/snapback]

In a former life I hated his father and his father's father and his father's father's father...

What really matters isn't that events have proven Gem to be wrong, it's that it looks like it's taken FS too long to see what a handful of people on here could see 12 months ago. Souness has been allowed to fcuk the club up and it'll take any manager some time now to put things right, imo.

I don't care whether Gem ever understands this, I just hope FS does, hopefully today.

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

I said that Souness needed time to prove himself one way or the other. He's used that time to prove that he isn't good enough. Which doesn't make me wrong because he still needed that time to prove his inadequacy in his role as manager of Newcastle United (not Liverpool, Blackburn, or any other club he may have been at in the past).

It was simply the true, 100% correct statement that "A new manager needs time to prove himself" that makes me RIGHT and not WRONG.

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. :)

OK, I was wrong about that, in a pedantic kind of way. Not quite on the same magnitude of Gemmill's wrongness about Souness however.

73888[/snapback]

So you can't think of a time I was wrong and didn't admit it then? :)

In a former life I hated his father and his father's father and his father's father's father...

73901[/snapback]

Don't mention the war. :)

OK, I was wrong about that, in a pedantic kind of way. Not quite on the same magnitude of Gemmill's wrongness about Souness however.

73888[/snapback]

So you can't think of a time I was wrong and didn't admit it then? ;)

73903[/snapback]

As Manc-mag once said, it's difficult to be wrong when you don't actually say anything meaningful .....

:)

What really matters isn't that events have proven Gem to be wrong, it's that it looks like it's taken FS too long to see what a handful of people on here could see 12 months ago. Souness has been allowed to fcuk the club up and it'll take any manager some time now to put things right, imo.

I don't care whether Gem ever understands this, I just hope FS does, hopefully today.

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

I said that Souness needed time to prove himself one way or the other. He's used that time to prove that he isn't good enough. Which doesn't make me wrong because he still needed that time to prove his inadequacy in his role as manager of Newcastle United (not Liverpool, Blackburn, or any other club he may have been at in the past).

It was simply the true, 100% correct statement that "A new manager needs time to prove himself" that makes me RIGHT and not WRONG.

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. :)

73902[/snapback]

If the choice was Bruce, Souness or O'Leary (Big Sam turned us down) and someone picked Souness i wouldn't vilify them for it. ;)

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. ;)

73902[/snapback]

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :razz:

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

If that's true, then yes, Gemmill is wrong.

Can't actually remember anyone thinking Souness was the man for the job though ;)

73888[/snapback]

So you can't think of a time I was wrong and didn't admit it then? ;)

73903[/snapback]

As Manc-mag once said, it's difficult to be wrong when you don't actually say anything meaningful .....

73907[/snapback]

Yet you still manage it :razz:

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. ;)

73902[/snapback]

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :razz:

73910[/snapback]

The first post I read after coming back from Barcelona (nearly 2 weeks after his appointment) was you saying something like "The more I think about it, the more I think Souness will be good for our club.....".

Followed by "Anyone who doesn't think he should get AT LEAST 2 years in the job is a f*****g idiot".

Anyway, this is getting beyond pointless now, and I can't prove it, so we may as well drop it.

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

73910[/snapback]

The first post I read after coming back from Barcelona (nearly 2 weeks after his appointment) was you saying something like "The more I think about it, the more I think Souness will be good for our club.....".

Followed by "Anyone who doesn't think he should get AT LEAST 2 years in the job is a f*****g idiot".

Anyway, this is getting beyond pointless now, and I can't prove it, so we may as well drop it.

73914[/snapback]

Making stuff uuuuuup. :razz:

I did say the thing about giving him 2 years like. And you were fucking idiot numero uno at the time IIRC. :razz: I've revised that time period downwards now btw, but don't worry, your "fucking idiot" status remains unaffected. :gay:

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

73910[/snapback]

73914[/snapback]

Making stuff uuuuuup. :razz:

I did say the thing about giving him 2 years like. And you were fucking idiot numero uno at the time IIRC. :razz: I've revised that time period downwards now btw, but don't worry, your "fucking idiot" status remains unaffected. :gay:

73916[/snapback]

Cheers for that like. How was I, or am I, a fucking idiot, when most things I predicted under Souness came to pass?

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

If that's true, then yes, Gemmill is wrong.

Can't actually remember anyone thinking Souness was the man for the job though ;)

73911[/snapback]

NJS and Ally were the only ones IIRC. Though the latter should have given Gemmill a hint that it was utter nonsense to give him time... :razz:

Once he got the job, I think you had to give him time. Given the current situation, people may think he should have gone 12 months ago (as HTL suggested) but personally I think that would have put us in an even worse position. I would have waited until the summer. Not that I would have appointed him in the first place.

NJS and Ally were the only ones IIRC. Though the latter should have given Gemmill a hint that it was utter nonsense to give him time...  :)

73919[/snapback]

I remember starting a thread on the Toontastic of the time which stated that it seemed like I was the only one "happy". Of the candidates at the time I stand by that. That doesn't mean I still think he's the man for the job or think that he's done well overall but the alternatives still don't appeal.

Surely if you back the manager/give him time, you do so in the belief that he will be successful ?

73922[/snapback]

I'd say it was more in the "hope" that he'd be successful. Souness was the wrong man to bring in at the time, but there was no way FS would sack him within 6 months, so we had no other choice than to support him (IMO).

I see both sides of this argument, but unfortunately FS doesn't.

Once he got the job, I think you had to give him time. Given the current situation, people may think he should have gone 12 months ago (as HTL suggested) but personally I think that would have put us in an even worse position. I would have waited until the summer. Not that I would have appointed him in the first place.

73924[/snapback]

I don't agree, I think if you back him. you do that because you think he will be successful

Why back a lame duck

Does anyone want to PM Obi over on N-O and ask him to lend his weight to the pro-Souness debate ;)

73929[/snapback]

That gasuso over on Newcastle-Online is hilarious. I had a look at the Hitzfeld thread and the stuff he comes out with is amazing. :)

Surely if you back the manager/give him time, you do so in the belief that he will be successful ?

73922[/snapback]

I thought he'd done well at Blackburn given the club and thought that given a better squad and more money he'd succeed here. I have no problem saying that or saying now that I think bad luck notwithstanding he's failed.