yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

LeazesMag

What really matters isn't that events have proven Gem to be wrong, it's that it looks like it's taken FS too long to see what a handful of people on here could see 12 months ago. Souness has been allowed to fcuk the club up and it'll take any manager some time now to put things right, imo.

I don't care whether Gem ever understands this, I just hope FS does, hopefully today.

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

I said that Souness needed time to prove himself one way or the other. He's used that time to prove that he isn't good enough. Which doesn't make me wrong because he still needed that time to prove his inadequacy in his role as manager of Newcastle United (not Liverpool, Blackburn, or any other club he may have been at in the past).

It was simply the true, 100% correct statement that "A new manager needs time to prove himself" that makes me RIGHT and not WRONG.

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. :gay:

73902[/snapback]

:)

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :rolleyes:

73910[/snapback]

The first post I read after coming back from Barcelona (nearly 2 weeks after his appointment) was you saying something like "The more I think about it, the more I think Souness will be good for our club.....".

Followed by "Anyone who doesn't think he should get AT LEAST 2 years in the job is a f*****g idiot".

Anyway, this is getting beyond pointless now, and I can't prove it, so we may as well drop it.

73914[/snapback]

Well Souness became manager when we were all camped out over at the backup forum at http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/ so you can go over there and have a sift through the threads and find the comment you reckon Gemmill made.

I'm pretty confident he didn't say that like, but it's for you to prove he did... :razz:

74142[/snapback]

I'm certain he did, in fact I think it was in a thread he started. Is there anyway of checking threads Gemmill started between early and mid September, 2005?

I actually haven't a clue how to do this, and can't even remember by log in.....

We can't all be geeks.... :razz:

74151[/snapback]

This the thread you're talking about? It wasn't by Gemmill - it was by the Turd! :D:icon_lol:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=1072

74162[/snapback]

Don't know who he is tbh. ;)

74165[/snapback]

:razz:

That's the one like. I'm don't want to go into those old threads any more than this as I know I came up with some real shit on that board, but I have to give one more quote from the Turd first (comparing Souness with Robson):

He might pick the first choice 11, play them all in their best positions, and have the wherewithall to try to change a game when things aren't going well.

All things that were unfortunately beyond the previous incumbent.

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the one like. I'm don't want to go into those old threads any more than this as I know I came up with some real shit on that board, but I have to give one more quote from the Turd first (comparing Souness with Robson):

He might pick the first choice 11, play them all in their best positions, and have the wherewithall to try to change a game when things aren't going well.

All things that were unfortunately beyond the previous incumbent.

:gay::razz::razz::icon_lol::rolleyes::D

74173[/snapback]

;)

You mock, but Robson was picking players because they were his favourites and made no attempt to change a game using subs towards the end of his time here. FACT!

I accept I was guilty of making a positive post or two about Newcastle United on there and on here like. I know you would never do anything so silly though, Renty baby. :razz:

Could have been an interesting thread, but it's degenerated into childishness with the harping back to posts on an old forum. No surprise there, like.

The fact is, a lot of people weren't happy with the appointment of Souness, most were stunned in fact. But people had to get over it and look for the positives. There weren't many positives, but people were looking hard, banging on about the worthless cup and such like. He'd sort out the dressing room, and all that guff. I believed that bit myself.

Many people initially hoped that Souness would be able to sort out the awkward personalities, people like Bellamy and Robert were supposed to be those awkward personalities. In addition, the younger players were believed to have lost respect for Robson, plus Dyer was just an arsehole, having chucked away the armband. It was said that a 'strong' manager was needed to get these players back in line, so people turned that initial shock at the appointment into believing that Souness would be strong, and would do the business.

Unfortunately Souenss isn't strong, he's a bully. The Souness idea of sorting players out meant bullying some players and booting them out, contrary to how a proper manager would have gone about it. This is where people began to differ in my view. The prejudice some have against certain players came to the fore.

I remember how shocked I was driving home when I heard the news that Souness had been given the job. However, I was happy to give the bloke a chance once he was appointed, because that's what you have to do. But for me, he showed his incompetence fairly quickly, others didn't see it, opting to bury their head in the sand for a long time. Some sitll have their head buried even now.

There is little point in banging on about old threads and old posts but people should admit to their errors of judgement though. It would be a better forum for such admissions.

At the end of the day, Souness does not deserve the length of time he has so far been given, the signs were there ages ago that he would fcuk this club up. He needs to go and he needs to go now.

Just my opinion.

Could have been an interesting thread, but it's degenerated into childishness with the harping back to posts on an old forum. No surprise there, like.

74202[/snapback]

If we'd all be worshiping Souness in those posts, you'd have been glad we'd dug it up! :)

74202[/snapback]

If we'd all be worshiping Souness in those posts, you'd have been glad we'd dug it up! ;)

74212[/snapback]

If you've got a problem with him, PM him :)

I, like most was shocked, stunned, gutted, bemused when GS arrived. Not long after I sank into some sort of reluctant acceptance. Since then I've seen myself picking on his every word, knowing all along that he just wasnt right and how come there was so many who couldnt see this? At one point I gave in and agreed he had to be given a chance, despite knowing how bad he was. Before being our manager, I held him in no regard and never considered the possibility of him coming here. Only since he's been here have I realised just how bad he is. Im not going to give examples, I dont need to. But thrash me with a nettle for sinking into that acceptance when all along I should have felt like I do now and not being lulled into a false sense of security by a decent UEFA run (oh so long ago) that came crashing down oh so spectacularly.

Its such a pitty that we have the injuries we do, as this is the shield he hides behind and will continue to do so long after leaving the club.

I, like most was shocked, stunned, gutted, bemused when GS arrived.  Not long after I sank into some sort of reluctant acceptance.  Since then I've seen myself picking on his every word, knowing all along that he just wasnt right and how come there was so many who couldnt see this?  At one point I gave in and agreed he had to be given a chance, despite knowing how bad he was.  Before being our manager, I held him in no regard and never considered the possibility of him coming here.  Only since he's been here have I realised just how bad he is.  Im not going to give examples, I dont need to.  But thrash me with a nettle for sinking into that acceptance when all along I should have felt like I do now and not being lulled into a false sense of security by a decent UEFA run (oh so long ago) that came crashing down oh so spectacularly.

Its such a pitty that we have the injuries we do, as this is the shield he hides behind and will continue to do so long after leaving the club.

74226[/snapback]

And no doubt some other suckers will employ him. Teflon Souness, destroyer of clubs, always has an excuse up his sleeve.

Canny post, minus the patronising shite in the first paragraph that is :)

74208[/snapback]

I thought the first paragraph was well justified, mate.

74236[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said like. God knows where we go from here though, bearing in mind it's down to Freddie.

74202[/snapback]

If we'd all be worshiping Souness in those posts, you'd have been glad we'd dug it up! ;)

74212[/snapback]

Na na ni na na

I reckon whoever we get as manager is getting a better group of players than Souness did

74245[/snapback]

Don't agree, Spongebob

74248[/snapback]

I would take Parker over Butt, Owen over Bellamy, Luque over the version of Robert that we were left with and Emre over Jenas every time. I would also take Boumsong for all his faults over OBrian or Hughes

Edited by spongebob toonpants

the first team is a little stronger in certain areas, but the squad is far far weaker.

Robson's team needed tweaking and some egos sorted out, unfortunately the worst and most detrimental egos are still here while the noisiest have gone.

I fear the influence of Shearer and Dyer far more than I did Robert and Bellamy. Also, at least Robert and Bellamy actually contributed goals and assists or effort and pace to the team.

I reckon whoever we get as manager is getting a better group of players than Souness did

74245[/snapback]

Don't agree, Spongebob

74248[/snapback]

I would take Parker over Butt, Owen over Bellamy, Luque over the version of Robert that we were left with and Emre over Jenas every time. I would also take Boumsong for all his faults over OBrian or Hughes

74255[/snapback]

It's a team ( and squad ) game mate. Owen is not a replacement for Bellamy, Luque looks to be an inadequate replacement for Robert and Hughes made less errors than any of our other defenders right now. The team and overall squad Souness took over was a better one, it had to be, it had just finished 5th in the league.

the first team is a little stronger in certain areas, but the squad is far far weaker.

Robson's team needed tweaking and some egos sorted out, unfortunately the worst and most detrimental egos are still here while the noisiest have gone.

I fear the influence of Shearer and Dyer far more than I did Robert and Bellamy. Also, at least Robert and Bellamy actually contributed goals and assists or effort and pace to the team.

74257[/snapback]

Totally agree.

Haven't any of you thought of Fat Fred's frame of mind? He'll probably stick with Souness until the end of the season because he doesn't have a decent replacement lined up OR he'll appoint Big Al as player/manager.

74263[/snapback]

If no-one is lined up, I'd sooner keep Souness than give temporary charge to Shearer, Beardsley, Roeder, etc. As soon as someone has said he'll come, then sack him straight away.

74257[/snapback]

Totally agree with that...

My money's still on Souness to be sacked and Roeder to take over till the end of the season.

73739[/snapback]

I'd hang myself from the Tyne Bridge if that happened.

74259[/snapback]

If Roeder takes charge, we'll do a West Ham when he took them over - straight down into Div 1 and then we will be screwed

My money's still on Souness to be sacked and Roeder to take over till the end of the season.

73739[/snapback]

74259[/snapback]

If Roeder takes charge, we'll do a West Ham when he took them over - straight down into Div 1 and then we will be screwed

74293[/snapback]

Wasn't it Trevor Brooking the manager that got West Ham relegated ?

73739[/snapback]

74259[/snapback]

74293[/snapback]

Wasn't it Trevor Brooking the manager that got West Ham relegated ?

74294[/snapback]

Correct. Also, Roeder led West Ham to 7th in his first season IIRC.