Platty Joobs

BalarnyStone

I actually don't mind her maj or even the celebrations that much, it's the harping on about "what a magnificent job she does" that irks me. I'm well aware of all the engagements she has to carry out, it's not the most demanding of callings considering how she is rewarded.

You're right though, the next time I'm resuscitating a near dead child, blue from the lack of oxygen, at 4am on Christmas morning I'll think "well this could be worse, I could be The Queen."

What you probably meant to say was, you'll remember not to snap the neck of the cunt who said you were only doing you're job, should a passerby give you any sort of praise.

You'd probably also reflect on how lucky you were that you got to choose what you do for a living, while the Queen is probably the only person in the country who never got that choice. Still, she got all the jewels and shit, so I guess that's grand eh? Or are you the sort of cunt who would try and claim that the Queen would never have wanted to be something like a nurse or whatever (and before you actually answer that, I suggest you do some actual fucking research on the woman before spouting any more of your uninformed shite).

You'd probably also reflect on how lucky you were that you got to choose what you do for a living, while the Queen is probably the only person in the country who never got that choice. Still, she got all the jewels and shit, so I guess that's grand eh? Or are you the sort of cunt who would try and claim that the Queen would never have wanted to be something like a nurse or whatever (and before you actually answer that, I suggest you do some actual fucking research on the woman before spouting any more of your uninformed shite).

Well her sister had a choice and decided to be a freeloading, alcoholic slut so hooray for opportunity.

Well her sister had a choice and decided to be a freeloading, alcoholic slut so hooray for opportunity.

Yeah sure. I'm guessing the fact she couldn't marry the person she loved and her position as the Queen's younger sister had nothing to do with her troubled life. Yeah, she had all the opportuniy in the world to do whatever she liked eh, no obligations at all. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had she just fucked off and become a waitress. You fucking mug. I seriously really wonder if there's any cunt on this board that knows a fucking thing about the Royal Family.

Yeah sure. I'm guessing the fact she couldn't marry the person she loved and her position as the Queen's younger sister had nothing to do with her troubled life. Yeah, she had all the opportuniy in the world to do whatever she liked eh, no obligations at all. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had she just fucked off and become a waitress. You fucking mug. I seriously really wonder if there's any cunt on this board that knows a fucking thing about the Royal Family.

iwillbetallthemoneyoneo.gif

See, that's another stick with which to beat the Republic nutters with. If as the claim, the BBC really were just the mouthpiece of the monarchy, would they have kept <s>me</s>him as the Royal Correspondant for so long? They're clearly keeping <s>me</s>him in the post for as long as possible, just to make the point that they are 'impartial'.

• 2 weeks later...

Smarmy cock-eyed cunt Barlow gets an OBE :lol:

Better someone like him than a scumbag charver that does nothing for charity or anyone else. I still don't see why people have to knock everything, talk about fucking miserable - surely there's worse things in the world that actually deserve some disdain.

Better someone like him than a scumbag charver that does nothing for charity or anyone else. I still don't see why people have to knock everything, talk about fucking miserable - surely there's worse things in the world that actually deserve some disdain.

What annoys me about it is that the man raised £6m for charity in 2009, £26m in 2011 due to his Children in Need concert but what gets him the OBE is organising a non-charitable concert celebrating the fact that the Queen has managed to survive 60 years living as one of the most privileged persons in the world.

What annoys me about it is that the man raised £6m for charity in 2009, £26m in 2011 due to his Children in Need concert but what gets him the OBE is organising a non-charitable concert celebrating the fact that the Queen has managed to survive 60 years living as one of the most privileged persons in the world.

abso-fucking-lutely.

:lol: Takethatandparty Pundit

If it makes any difference to the debate I'll say the entire honours system is bent,ill suited to modern life (Order of the British EMPIRE!....fuckin Empire in 2012..wtf are these fuckers on?!) and apparently for people of dubious ability and character to remind the rest of us mere mortals, against all the conflicting evidence, how fuckin great they are.

L.S. Lowrie was not only one of our greatest ever artists he also turned down some form of award that he'd been reommended for by more than one PM (that's another thing....its the PM

who dishes them out, so good luck with any credibility if you've accepted one from the likes of Blair or Cameron) at least 4 times. He didn't see himself as any better or any worse than anyone else, just a bloke from a terraced house in Salford. He thought the whole thing was ridiculous and he was right iyam.

They've moved on from being blatatntly corrupt to being political favours and gifts - either way its another facet of complete lack of self-respect - bowing down to your "better" to accept a shiny token to keep you in your place - its fucking pathetic.

The thought of recognising a lollipop lady who's done the job for forty years is half decent but "services to business" or other such bollocks is sickening. I would also have thought that raising money or working for charities is its own reward without a pat on the head from an institution worth billions.

Blair used knighting old footballers to make himself appear more down to earth and in touch with the nation, the cynical bastard. Sir Bob won no league titles as a manager, Bob Paisely won 5 and 2 European cups but died an ordinary man from the coal fields of County Durham, which is all Bobby Robson was as well when it comes down to it.

• 9 years later...
  • Tom changed the title to Platty Joobs