Platty Joobs

BalarnyStone

Anyone doing anything? I'm struggling to get into the whole Jubilee hoo hah. I'm not anti-monarchy, but with the weather and everything, and it being so close to the Olympics and Euros, it's hard to get excited. If this was the regular footbal season I don't think I'd have even noticed it, I'd just be doing my usual matchday routine this weekend. Everything I've seen advertised as a 'Jubilee event' up here by the media is anything but to my mind - the Evolution festival?! Newcaslte Fashion Week!? Newcastle races?! Tyne Tees claimed there was something going on on the Tyne tommorrow, which I might have gone to see, but I can't find out anything else about it. I have a horrible feeling what they meant was an afternoon tea sailing being put on on the Shields Ferry!

it sickens me to the very depths of my being - can't wait for it all to be over (though it would be funny if she kicked the bucket today)

I thought the brainwashed, complete lack of self-respect fucking stupidity of the whole thing was an older generation thing - like racism and homophobia - but the way everybody seems so happy about it is fucking terrible.

it sickens me to the very depths of my being - can't wait for it all to be over (though it would be funny if she kicked the bucket today)

I thought the brainwashed, complete lack of self-respect fucking stupidity of the whole thing was an older generation thing - like racism and homophobia - but the way everybody seems so happy about it is fucking terrible.

LOL. I must admit as I watched them rolling down the Epsom course earlier, when I realised the windows on the car were open the first thing that flashed through my mind was a sniper taking a pot shot. Then I thought that as it was on a time delay on the Sky plus, this could already have happened.....

Anyway, that's one of the good things at least, it all seems to have been planned to be done and dusted after this weekend, so your pain will be over soon. The brainwashed masses can then fix their gaze on the Euros and then the Olympics....

Indeed

Presuming your location isn't actually Jamaica, might you qualify as one of the people from the NE that Gemmil probably knows that's benefiting from the Olympics? (if not you personally, then you're company at least...) This relates to the BAE thread btw.

Presuming your location isn't actually Jamaica, might you qualify as one of the people from the NE that Gemmil probably knows that's benefiting from the Olympics? (if not you personally, then you're company at least...) This relates to the BAE thread btw.

Are we counting people from the NE who actually live in London now? :lol:

WAIT! I've got one! Steve Cram!

While I don't wish Ill on anyone from the family, I have zero interest in it. I consider it a southern thing.

Are we counting people from the NE who actually live in London now? :lol:

WAIT! I've got one! Steve Cram!

If he lives in London, obviously not. As I was infact asking where he was from, you can't have that one I'm afraid.....

Company isn't benefiting from the Olympics, nor the Jubilee. We're not getting any more money, we're not getting an extension of the existing contract, we're simply undertaking more work with the same staffing levels. So I'd argue that we're not, in fact, benefiting from the Olympics but are instead suffering because of it. Sorry.

Company isn't benefiting from the Olympics, nor the Jubilee. We're not getting any more money, we're not getting an extension of the existing contract, we're simply undertaking more work with the same staffing levels. So I'd argue that we're not, in fact, benefiting from the Olympics but are instead suffering because of it. Sorry.

Not even through any overtime? And of course if you do a decent job for these events, the company does benefit in terms of reputation. But also, given it's the public purse paying for the contract, it's perhaps a good thing that someone had the sense to make sure that we don't pay extra for your extra efforts. Although yes, that probably sucks for you, so you have my sympathies.

If he lives in London, obviously not. As I was infact asking where he was from, you can't have that one I'm afraid.....

Well (to keep it Olympic themed), don't start giving it the Steve Ovett before you know whether you've made the point you were hoping to. :razz:

Not even through any overtime? And of course if you do a decent job for these events, the company does benefit in terms of reputation. But also, given it's the public purse paying for the contract, it's perhaps a good thing that someone had the sense to make sure that we don't pay extra for your extra efforts. Although yes, that probably sucks for you, so you have my sympathies.

No more so than the riots.

He's just gutted because he'll no longer be able to play FM at his desk. :)

I fucking will y'know, just have to wait for the next batch of night shifts, is all.

• Tom changed the title to Platty Joobs