Guild Wars 2

JawD

Another beta this weekend with one more to come before release in July. Looking really nice like. If you dont know Guild Wars, its typically a fantasy MMO with a decent PvP element. The new version is centered around WvW (World v World) with mass PvP battles. In beta its been looking really well made. Good thing as well as there is no subscription with this. They are introducing some RMTs (real money transactions) but they wont be better than items you can find in game through PvP or Dungeons etc.

Never really got MMOs, tbh. Do you have to play with others? Like, can you play it solo but you just have to do it online? Cos whenever I've played RPGs in the past (non online) I properly explore everywhere, loot everything and basically end up as the richest person in history, but I take my time with it and so I can't see how that works with playing online with a bunch of randoms.

Edit: That does look lush though.

Edited by Bonamental

Righto. I guess my remaining question is when you are doing things like that uldaur raid you mention, and it takes ages over x days, do you have to be doing that with the people you started it with or what? I mean, if you get so far but have to go out/sleep/whatever, can you just save where you are, fuck off and come back in a couple of days? Can't imagine those 19 others are gonna wait around for you, and if you don't have 19 others at that same point when you want to start it up, how do you continue?

I guess that's what I can't get my head around. But then I like my rpgs nice and simple, like NWN.

A lad in our guild got sent to some clinic for games addiction in Sweden because he bombed outta uni and lost his job and such just sitting playing warcraft all day long.

crazy crazy people

Knew a few peeps like that in my WoW raiding days, back in Vanilla and TBC. No matter what time of day you'd log on, they would still be playing. Couple of sex pests in my old guild too, iirc. Takes all sorts i guess ;)

Indeed, i used to buy gold to cover my wipe nights and shite like that, whereas they'd spend all day farming/grinding crap.

ah christ aye we had that and all, i remember was one player in our guild who never ever spoke on vent untill they got some drop on onyxia and let out a little squeal, suddenly "OMG PlayerX is a girl???"

dutch/Swe were the worst for it tbh.

good craic at times but a lot of them took that game properly seriously, should've seen the grief i'd get for not showing up for raids because i was doing something daft like being out on the drink :lol:

used to get properly fucked off with me playing FIFA during trash packs and such.

Aye back in vanilla I used to have to grind soul stones for my lock so I had enough for the raid (Molten Core & Blackwing Lair). Then I got married and never raided since :lol:

• 1 month later...